Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

For anyone who shops at Amazon, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is the deal of the day, $39.99  and with Prime, free 2 day shipping. Can't beat that price. I picked it up on PS4, never played it on PS3 so stoked to see it on Next Gen

Dat 60fps MGS on PS4.

iNtMZ8D8QaF32.gif

Very clear difference, huge between the two, but to be honest, I think I wouldn't care if I was playing. Graphics have advanced to the point where "bad" graphics are still good enough that if you're playing the game solely to play the game (as opposed to the people who make it a point to try to determine the graphics) even the "bad" graphics are fine and don't disrupt gameplay.

EDIT: Provided, of course, you're not playing on an Xbone while someone is next to you playing on a PS4, giving you the chance to see the side by side while playing.

Edited by diamond_ace

He wasn't comparing just how "awesome" the game looks Jason. He was comparing frames. Essentially, if you were to run a modern day PC game on a very bad PC it would feel unplayable because the game would chug down to less than 20 frames per second. It's like watching a game lag. You don't really notice it too much if you have been playing strictly console games for a long period of time, but if you have played any game on PC for example that runs at 60 FPS you'd notice it. 

Most modern shooters for example, like COD, sacrifice graphical fidelity to keep their FPS up. It makes the game run better. Getting tons of framerate and slowdown issues makes something unplayable at times. 

Well it was a bit of both, actually. The PS4 definitely looks like it's hitting something closer to 60fps than XBO is, and it's at a higher native resolution. On top of that it looks like the XBO version is just using the PS3/360 version at a native 720p + 60fps, while those are sub-720p and 30fps. The PS4 looks like it is its own build that is hitting 1080p and 60fps, as well as having a vastly improved lighting system. It's also confirmed to have some sort of weather simulation thing in game, hence the clear blue sky for that version. ANYWAYS....

gl0CLSZ.jpg

BIG BOSS YOU ASSHOLE

So gaiz, I'm strongly considering getting the XBox One Titanfall bundle. I'm a Sony guy if I haven't mentioned that before. Sony and Nintendo are my main stays and have been since N64 (Well the NES for Nintendo) and the original PS1. I've already gotten the PS4 and I love it to bits, but I think it's only fair to give XBox a chance since I haven't done so since well, my Xbox 360 rrod'd like a year after release. 

My main worry is that XBone seems to be having problems getting a solid 60fps or 1080p definition. I'm not sure if this is just growing pains with development with the XBone or if it's just the inferior hardware (Yes the XBone I know has inferior innards). If it's the latter, I'm worried that the PS4 will be the preferred system and with the lack of exclusives Xbox had after Halo and Gears last gen, I'm worried it's going to collect dust. 

Can anyone with the Xbone weigh in and give me an idea on what they think of the console 1st hand, all fanboyism aside, do you think the console is worth a purchase and do you think it's going to be on par with PS4 eventually in the development standpoint?

• Commissioner

Personally I don't have either a PS4 for an CB1 but I've had experience with both.

As much as The One tempts me because of how amazing Titanfall looks, I personally wouldn't buy one. Especially if you have a PS4 already I think you'll notice a distinct lack of power with the XB1 (as you said it is weaker) and some gimmicks.

The kinect is just that if you ask me. It works on occasion and voice commands are cool when they work but it's often a struggle to get them doing exactly what you want. Aside from the kinect and a few exclusives I don't see anything that the XB1 offers over a PS4. Titanfall looks amazing but I feel like if you get tired of the game you're XBOne would collect dust compared to the PS4.

That's just my opinion though. As I said I don't own either one but it's what I've seen. Honestly, neither person I know used their next gen console much yet because of lack of games. I personally don't plan on buying either until more content is there.

I only know one person who actually like the XBone and that's a major Microsoft fanboy who won't even give Playstation a chance.  I haven't gotten a PS4 yet, but I want to wait until the price drop or more game releases.  With that said, The Order looks unbelievable and will probably be my first New Gen game purchase.

To me it is tough for both. I like Sony a lot more for their approach to Indy, their adapting their PSN and PS Plus models more off of how successful Steam has been and I feel they have much party first party exclusives. As much as people may love TitanFall you can get that on PC. 

That is the key to me though. I play much more on PC than I do on consoles generally. I play on consoles for exclusives or if I want to support something on a specific platform because I feel it plays good or fits well with said platform. Like for example Spelunkey on PS Vita because it plays great there. Ultimately though exclusives are the reason to get a console. If you have a half decent gaming PC you will play all of the non exclusives at much better framerate, for much better prices, on a much better service than anyone else offers in Steam. Get a catalog unparalleled to all of them. 

But like the past generation I'll likely get a PS4 first as I did with PS3 but I'll still end up getting a XB1 as I ended up getting a 360 just for specific exclusives. 

Yeah I know it's not much going on right now and I have a PC that can run Titanfall (But I really hate gaming on a PC I just can't get comfortable with it no matter how often I try. )

But I think I'm gonna get one, I'm selling a few old things that I don't have any use for and they'll net me enough for the XBone, a year of XBox Live and hopefully a game. I'm thinking of getting Dead Rising 3. I'm really excited to get into the achievements. I love trophies but something about achievements is more enticing, maybe it's the actual score that comes along with it 

Edited by Maxy

I have a hard time getting comfortable when playing on a PC, but I hooked my DualShock 4 up to my PC for the Titanfall beta and would play that for hours on end. I wouldn't recommend getting a console just for one game when you already have a PC that can run that game.

I have a hard time getting comfortable when playing on a PC, but I hooked my DualShock 4 up to my PC for the Titanfall beta and would play that for hours on end. I wouldn't recommend getting a console just for one game when you already have a PC that can run that game.

Yeah mainly just getting it now because of the bundle giving a free game, not strictly just for one game. I also want to give Halo a try since I haven't played one since Halo 3 or multiplayer on one since Halo 2. I regret not getting a 360 last gen so I think I'ma get both of them this go round to be able to play pretty much any game that comes out 

I played the Titanfall BETA on my XBone, fackin awesome.. I'm dyin for it to come out, since I only have DR3, and I'm dyin for a new game.

I got my console at the start of Feb, so kinda rattled I'm just missing the Titanfall bundle lol..

I played the Titanfall BETA on my XBone, fackin awesome.. I'm dyin for it to come out, since I only have DR3, and I'm dyin for a new game.

I got my console at the start of Feb, so kinda rattled I'm just missing the Titanfall bundle lol..

I'll have to add you on XBox live when I get mine, I don't know many people with XBox they mostly have PSN 

Guest Svoboda_3

I collect vintage consoles and games, not that this may or may not pertain to anything, but I thought I'd share if anyone cared :)

Really looking forward to getting the new South Park game this Friday. From what I've heard sounds like if you enjoy South Park (like me), you'll really enjoy it, and even if you don't, it's still a solid game, but maybe a bit short. 

Really looking forward to getting the new South Park game this Friday. From what I've heard sounds like if you enjoy South Park (like me), you'll really enjoy it, and even if you don't, it's still a solid game, but maybe a bit short. 

Same here, really looking forward to this game!

Been loving the South Park game. Fantastic RPG genuinely funny and really great mechanics.

Also super stoked for my XBox One to be here tomorrow! Will have both next (Current) Gen consoles which is awesome :D