Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

Still waiting to be sold on the Xbox One. No games for it yet that really make me want it. Watch Dogs should change that. NHL '15 will definitely change that fact assuming it'll be released on the Xbox One. 

Yeah I left my Xbox One at my other house and it's collecting dust because all I really care about is NHL 14 on the 360, I will switch over fully once NHL 15 comes out in September.

I might pick up Titanfall at some point too.

Completed "Campaign" Mode on Titanfall.. Kinda weird how they did it..

Addicting game though, so far it's been fun as fuck.

At least you can sign in :( I set mine all up and everything and now am trying to sign in to play and can't. Guess it's a pretty widespread issue for people trying to sign in for the first time 

Fucking South Park is delayed here in Germany because they messed up the different versions and apparently forgot to get rid of the Swastikas :lol:

I don't quite get the Titanfall-hype btw, doesn't look like a bad game or anything, just nothing special. But I'm not rally a CoD guy as well so maybe that's the reason.

Anyone here has played Starbound?

I completed South Park over the weekend. Great game, full of the most legitimately funny stuff you will see in a video game. 

Loved it. Just finished it today before work. I was going to go and clean up the trophies I missed but it's too much work right now :P I'll get back to that game someday as I want to platinum trophy it for sure. 

At least you can sign in :( I set mine all up and everything and now am trying to sign in to play and can't. Guess it's a pretty widespread issue for people trying to sign in for the first time 

That's what a lot of people were sayin.. Too many people gettin xbone today, not just Titanfall lol..

That's what a lot of people were sayin.. Too many people gettin xbone today, not just Titanfall lol..

Lol would be awesome if I could at least play Dead Rising 3 or something like that but I can't without signing in first. I just want to get an achievement! 

• Senior Admin

Haven't decided whether to get titanfall or not yet, didn't seem all that great on the beta.

I think I've probably turned on my xbox one 5-6 times since buying it the day it came out

Edited by Draper

So XBox Live comes back up for me like 2 minutes before I get off work... Aww yeah which is cool except for the fact now I have to wait for these big ass updates and installs to finish! 

Starbound is good stuff Romanes. Loved the 10 or 12 hours I put into it before the character wipe. Intentionally holding off on playing it until it becomes more feature rich though. Early access games are like that.

Titanfall looks okay, the campaign stuff just made me unsold on it completely. Essentially just little radio/small video in the upper corner of the screen as you play through traditional multiplayer modes with very little variety? I think Titanfall has a great world, a great concept, looks to control and shoot great. But it seems so feature poor. Very little modes, not many mech options, only multiplayer to speak of and no Co Op or horde mode. To me Titanfall seems like Assassins Creed 1. Cool concept that you can easily see the sequel to being a truly amazing experience. Ergo, I'm going to wait till we see a sequel.

How in the hell does nobody else here play Dark Souls? Souls 2 is out...fuck everything else ever coming out for a long time. Souls games = some of the most well designed games ever. I am so pumped to try it I cannot wait to pick it up. Loved Demon Souls (beat recently) and Dark Souls. MORE SOULS! 

Loved it. Just finished it today before work. I was going to go and clean up the trophies I missed but it's too much work right now :P I'll get back to that game someday as I want to platinum trophy it for sure. 

Yeah, I was going to do the same, but it looks like I'd have to start a new game to get some of them, I missed some of the Chinpokomon and the places they were are inaccessible. I'll probably leave it for a bit, while I enjoyed the game a lot, it's not really a game built for multiple playthroughs.

Starbound is good stuff Romanes. Loved the 10 or 12 hours I put into it before the character wipe. Intentionally holding off on playing it until it becomes more feature rich though. Early access games are like that.

Titanfall looks okay, the campaign stuff just made me unsold on it completely. Essentially just little radio/small video in the upper corner of the screen as you play through traditional multiplayer modes with very little variety? I think Titanfall has a great world, a great concept, looks to control and shoot great. But it seems so feature poor. Very little modes, not many mech options, only multiplayer to speak of and no Co Op or horde mode. To me Titanfall seems like Assassins Creed 1. Cool concept that you can easily see the sequel to being a truly amazing experience. Ergo, I'm going to wait till we see a sequel.

How in the hell does nobody else here play Dark Souls? Souls 2 is out...fuck everything else ever coming out for a long time. Souls games = some of the most well designed games ever. I am so pumped to try it I cannot wait to pick it up. Loved Demon Souls (beat recently) and Dark Souls. MORE SOULS! 

Dark Souls 2 isn't out here yet but I'm looking forward to getting it with a friend and then trying to get through it together. I have only played parts of Dark Souls 1 so far though, I'd say about half the game until I lost interest for some reason, can't even say why, probably because I couldn't play multiplayer there. But I'll almost certainly give it a try with DS 2.

I haven't had my first Starbound character wipe yet, although I expect it to come soon. It's still a pretty cool game, even though it get's a little too "grindy" after the first few hours.

Dark Souls 2 isn't out here yet but I'm looking forward to getting it with a friend and then trying to get through it together. I have only played parts of Dark Souls 1 so far though, I'd say about half the game until I lost interest for some reason, can't even say why, probably because I couldn't play multiplayer there. But I'll almost certainly give it a try with DS 2.

I haven't had my first Starbound character wipe yet, although I expect it to come soon. It's still a pretty cool game, even though it get's a little too "grindy" after the first few hours.

Yeah I just don't want to burn out on Starbound before the game becomes as great as it is going to be. Biggest issue with early access games is playing so much and feeling like your done with it, then when it actually releases in a 6 months or a year it is an entirely different experience that you'd of rather played. 

The Souls games you can summon in others to help you and of course get invaded, but that is the extent of the MP. Personally I love it. Way too many games these days are so "focused" on MP only. I don't care about listening to children scream on headsets. If I wanted to do that I'd Skype with Kesler. The great thing about the Souls games is how well designed they are. They seem hard at first but the game rewards you for understanding the mechanics, the world, the systems. It also looks so much different than typical fantasy tropes. The art design in those games is so strong, the enemies in particular are so creative. Atmosphere sucks you in for sure. 

Yeah I just don't want to burn out on Starbound before the game becomes as great as it is going to be. Biggest issue with early access games is playing so much and feeling like your done with it, then when it actually releases in a 6 months or a year it is an entirely different experience that you'd of rather played. 

The Souls games you can summon in others to help you and of course get invaded, but that is the extent of the MP. Personally I love it. Way too many games these days are so "focused" on MP only. I don't care about listening to children scream on headsets. If I wanted to do that I'd Skype with Kesler. The great thing about the Souls games is how well designed they are. They seem hard at first but the game rewards you for understanding the mechanics, the world, the systems. It also looks so much different than typical fantasy tropes. The art design in those games is so strong, the enemies in particular are so creative. Atmosphere sucks you in for sure. 

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having with DayZ at the moment. I really want to dive into the game, but I know that it still isn't even close to how good it can be in about a year or so. At least Starbound is way more polished already and not as bugged, so it doesn't feel as much like an early access game, but you are definitely right. Waiting to play those games until they are finished is most likely a more rewarding experience. That's why I haven't tried any of the oldschool RPGs so far that has been on Kickstarter and early access over the last few months/years, even though I really like these types of games.

And yeah I have read about the MP-part in the Souls games, I wasn't looking for a deathmatch or capture the flag kind of game ;). But I love playing a game like Dark Souls in co-op, so I was hoping that this could really add to the enjoyment. Or is the amount of times you can summon others very limited? I noticed the items you need to summon others in the first Dark Souls and they weren't that common, but I believe you can buy them from NPCs?

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having with DayZ at the moment. I really want to dive into the game, but I know that it still isn't even close to how good it can be in about a year or so. At least Starbound is way more polished already and not as bugged, so it doesn't feel as much like an early access game, but you are definitely right. Waiting to play those games until they are finished is most likely a more rewarding experience. That's why I haven't tried any of the oldschool RPGs so far that has been on Kickstarter and early access over the last few months/years, even though I really like these types of games.

And yeah I have read about the MP-part in the Souls games, I wasn't looking for a deathmatch or capture the flag kind of game ;). But I love playing those kinds of games in co-op, so I was hoping that this could really add to the enjoyment. Or is the amount of times you can summon others very limited? I noticed the items you need to summon others in the first Dark Souls and they weren't that common, but I believe you can buy them from NPCs?

You can get them from NPC;s. You also have to be alive in Dark Souls to summon. Ergo, when you die your health bar is limited but you can't be invaded and or summon players. However you can use humanity to get the stat up and then spend it to go human again. You can find those as drops or NPC's also sell them. The same thing with summoning others to help with stones, certain stones require certain specifics. 

As much as it may "suck" for some going to a Wiki for Dark Souls is always a good idea. Figure out how you want to approach things. Although the sense of learning and discovery are great, for certain things like this which seems to be a key way for you to enjoy the experience it would be needed. 

You can get them from NPC;s. You also have to be alive in Dark Souls to summon. Ergo, when you die your health bar is limited but you can't be invaded and or summon players. However you can use humanity to get the stat up and then spend it to go human again. You can find those as drops or NPC's also sell them. The same thing with summoning others to help with stones, certain stones require certain specifics. 

As much as it may "suck" for some going to a Wiki for Dark Souls is always a good idea. Figure out how you want to approach things. Although the sense of learning and discovery are great, for certain things like this which seems to be a key way for you to enjoy the experience it would be needed. 

I always seemed to have enough humanity in DS1, but maybe that is because I didn't play multiplayer and didn't craft that much (you needed to be alive for that as well I think?). Hope I don't run out of it all the time now that I will probably need it more. Do enemies scale btw if you have summoned a player to help you?

It sucks a bit that the game seems to be more expensive than its predecessors but I will probably still get it. I'm usually a guy who reads around in wikis etc. anyway to get some help, so this wouldn't be a problem for me I think.

I always seemed to have enough humanity in DS1, but maybe that is because I didn't play multiplayer and didn't craft that much (you needed to be alive for that as well I think?). Hope I don't run out of it all the time now that I will probably need it more. Do enemies scale btw if you have summoned a player to help you?

It sucks a bit that the game seems to be more expensive than its predecessors but I will probably still get it. I'm usually a guy who reads around in wikis etc. anyway to get some help, so this wouldn't be a problem for me I think.

More expensive than it's predecessors? Dark Souls 2 just came out and released at the typical game price of $60. Dark Souls 1 has been out for a while now so it is obviously cheaper, as goes the case with Demon Souls. Humanity in DS1 is weird because you have to collect it at a bonfire then use it to either get flasks and or return to human form. 

"Playing Multiplayer" is such a weird term to use for a Souls game as well. Technically if you are online, you see blood stains and notes which is a form of the MP aspect of those games. If you ever got invaded and or summoned someone as well it's the same concept. It isn't like you just choose to engage in the MP aspects. It can kinda just happen. It isn't like it brings you to a matchmaking or lobby system where you select who does what or that type of thing. 

To my knowledge normal enemies don't scale. Bosses do however. A lot of the places to summon with a stone I saw around the world were near boss runs so people would help each other out on bosses. Distraction techniques and whatnot. This is just for DS1 though. I haven't played any of DS2 and from what I've heard the majority of the mechanics that everyone is familiar with, at least in terms of humanity, invasions, summoning other players, how the health bar works when you die etc are all changed in that. Another learning curve to go through, kind of the point of the games in general though. 

So MGSV: Ground Zeroes is a paid demo, but it's a pretty fucking awesome demo tbh. Gameplay is the best it's been in MGS and I keep wanting to go back. I've spent at least six hours on two missions alone just because I'm trying to play stealthy and the AI is pretty frickin incredible.

More expensive than it's predecessors? Dark Souls 2 just came out and released at the typical game price of $60. Dark Souls 1 has been out for a while now so it is obviously cheaper, as goes the case with Demon Souls. Humanity in DS1 is weird because you have to collect it at a bonfire then use it to either get flasks and or return to human form. 

"Playing Multiplayer" is such a weird term to use for a Souls game as well. Technically if you are online, you see blood stains and notes which is a form of the MP aspect of those games. If you ever got invaded and or summoned someone as well it's the same concept. It isn't like you just choose to engage in the MP aspects. It can kinda just happen. It isn't like it brings you to a matchmaking or lobby system where you select who does what or that type of thing. 

To my knowledge normal enemies don't scale. Bosses do however. A lot of the places to summon with a stone I saw around the world were near boss runs so people would help each other out on bosses. Distraction techniques and whatnot. This is just for DS1 though. I haven't played any of DS2 and from what I've heard the majority of the mechanics that everyone is familiar with, at least in terms of humanity, invasions, summoning other players, how the health bar works when you die etc are all changed in that. Another learning curve to go through, kind of the point of the games in general though. 

It doesn't come out here until late April, at least on PC where I want to get it. And last I checked it was listed at about 50 Euros here, which is about 70$ and about 10-15$ more than its predecessors.

Maybe you just use the word multiplayer different than I do, but I use it to describe games where you can play cooperatively (if you want) as well. I just wanted to know how summoning a player works exactly since that's a part I have never done before, while I know about the bloodstains, notes etc.

@fresco: Is the Diablo 3 expansion already out in NA as well? Damn it, all those games I'm waiting for (Reaper of Souls, South Park, Dark Souls 2) are really coming out later here <_<