Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

• Commissioner

If you’ve picked up AW and didn’t have intentions of playing the campaign, you may want to change your mind. I usually enjoy the CoD campaigns but find them kinda repetitive and short: AW however is not disappointing. I haven’t finished it yet but so far the story is good, things are fresh, gadgets are fun and I don’t feel like I’m doing it just to get the trophies. I don’t think I’ve enjoyed a CoD campaign this much since CoD 4.

• Senior Admin

Game became too kill streak/other weird things focused after WaW. Just give me a gun, 3 basic kill streaks, and large maps with objective based gameplay.

I'm also one of the weirdos who liked playing Hardcore.

I have like 15 days of hardcore search played on CoD 4 :P

So.. Is CoD worth it? I've always been a fan of the CoD games but after Ghosts (that I got for free and it still wasn't worth the money) I don't know if AW is REALLY worth it.

I've watched 2 videos of SlyFoxHound playing it and he's going apeshit over it, but he's over-reacting on everthing so I really don't know.

Fuckin' bizarre game and I still haven't really figured out what I'm doing, but it's gorgeous and I can't get it out of my head. It may not be my cup of tea but I think the right audience is going to love this game.

• 2 weeks later...

what are some good computer games i can play that will run on a decent laptop (for reference, skyrim runs well on it, but games from 2014 probs wont)

Borderlands is my ecstasy. Been playing the first with David and have played the second one 4 times through. Can wait for the Pre-Sequel to come on sale so I can start with that. 

Portal 2 is fantastic 2.

Depends what type of games you like I suppose. 

and UZI, Goat Simulator > Farming Simulator

• 2 weeks later...

Borderlands is my ecstasy. Been playing the first with David and have played the second one 4 times through. Can wait for the Pre-Sequel to come on sale so I can start with that. 

Portal 2 is fantastic 2.

Depends what type of games you like I suppose. 

and UZI, Goat Simulator > Farming Simulator

You obviously haven't played the "John Deere: Balin' Hay" expansion pack.

Figure I'll write down what I've been playing lately:

NHL 15 for PS3/PS4

GTAV for PS4

CoD: Advanced Warfare for PS4

Destiny for PS4, although I got very bored of it and haven't touched it in awhile.

Smash Bros for Wii U

Hyrule Warriors for Wii U

Mario Kart 8 for Wii U

Zelda: Skyward Sword for Wii

Fire Emblem for 3DS

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for 3DS

The bulk of my playing goes into NHL, hence the reason there are so many others I've been playing lately. It's hard to finish games when I play so much NHL.

If anyone wants, feel free to add my PSN: travhave23

we shud play 15 on ps4 :3 my psn is funnymunk

I'm down some time.

In other news, I got Dragon Age: Inquisition the other day and have logged 14 hours only playing it 2 times. Once for 10 hours straight last night and the day I got it for 4. Lol. Game hasn't gotten boring for me at all and I'm always itching to get back to it.