Checktalk: No Swiping, Blue Team, No Swiping!

Boomcheck

Interesting season so far and i'm somehow above a PPG so far and lead my team in scoring but something has caught my attention. The Blue Team seems to be trying to replace Bushito who was missing for about like 5 days which is somewhat strange since he's literally our best player and still can manage his GMing duties. I personally wouldn't replace him at this point, especially since he assembled the current team and core. I might even bolt if there was some random replacement because I like how our team is and somehow we managed a playoff spot right now. I'm kind of aware that there are qualms with Bushito being GM and at times even I see the issues but I don't think they're big enough to warrant replacement.

So yeah. Don't go around trying to change our GM just yet because I would rather see the team succeed at this point and we seem to be fine so far. Stay away Blue Team, be warned! Or like else, yeaaah.

*see my post in the lockerroom*

orite, only seattle players have access... and commissioners. (go look)

I'm only speculating at this point in time, but I would like to know all the details of this development. If rumours are true I am 100% against them but I think there's more to this than meets the eye. I just want to know the whole story so I can react appropriately and accordingly. 

First off, I'm going to just clarify that I don't have anything against Bushito as a person, player, GM, or anything. As a fellow Sasky who also disappears from time to time, I can certainly relate to a number of his absences. With that in mind, allow me to somewhat explain the current situation, and present events that happened and some reactions to them. I don't mean to come off as judgemental or damning, I'm mostly just stating issues that were discussed in the BOG, and when.

- The concerns of Bushito as GM stem back to his time as GM of Davos, which would have been in the 20s with his goalie, Satan. I can't recall if he had missed drafts and/or could be difficult to contact back then, but I do know his tenure ended when he went suddenly inactive one off-season, forcing a last minute replacement. When Bushito did eventually return (which I think was quite some time later), he was very understanding, as I believe he had a lot of things going on in his life at that point.

Justified or not, this set a nervous precedent.

- Fast forward to when the Bears GM position opened. Bushito applied, and after some discussion, we decided to give him another chance at it. All is well in Bear-land.

- Fast forward to August 22, 2014. There was complaints (largely from Kesler, mind you), of difficulty contacting Bash for trades and such. He also wasn't around to name captains or some shit. General inattentiveness. There was some (probably overblown) talks of replacing him even then, but we have a fairly lenient overall policy. I know Jason struggled at times with Calgary, but he was still able to end his tenure organically, and with minimal complaints (none of them formal). In the end, apparently Victor gave him a warning.

- Fast forward a month, September 24, 2014, to the off-season and draft. Seattle had a 1st and a 3rd in a very deep draft. Bushito apparently forgot about the draft, and was a no-show for the first round. Again, there was some calling for a replacement. However, it wasn't the first time a GM with a noteworthy pick had missed the draft, and it was determined it would overall be more healthy for the franchise to allow him to stay on, as he was on the verge of re-creating with Stropko. I think the hope was that with Streetlight now on board, and with some monitoring, things would play out as they should. Which, a number of months later, one could say they have to an extent.

- Which brings us to our most recent debacle. Dr. Jones had to do all off-season activity, including a last minute effort to sign the Bears draftees. The blues mercifully allowed Jones to sign the rookies without issue (though not without some initial conflicting opinions on the matter), and the case of Bushito's GMing was once again re-opened to discuss replacement once and for all.

Now, here is where you need to see things from our perspective.

- A PM was sent to Bushito informing him that his time as GM would likely soon be over, and for any explanation. He had told us that he was having issues with his phone and laptop, and that replacing him was "probably a good idea."

- With all of this in mind, immediately plans went in motion to find a suitable replacement. Looking within the organization, DT was essentially the only candidate suitable for discussion. Apparently he was also Bushito's only choice as well. On behalf of the BOG, opinions on him were rather split, but ultimately it didn't matter as we got word from both him and Bushito that he wasn't interested in GMing the Bears. We continued our somewhat classified search elsewhere.

- I later begin hearing murmurs that you wonderful members of the Bears are vehemently against replacement. There's also rumours of mass exodus. Thus, I finally now do a little personal investigation, and fall upon this thread, and make this post.

So that is all I know, and as far as I'm concerned, all there really is to know. I haven't heard anything from Bushito that suggests he insists on staying as GM, and judging from the only PM I received from him, he's okay with being replaced.

If I am wrong about this, then I'd like to know about that in a more direct manner. I really only chanced upon this Fan 590, and I don't overly want to go LR snooping.

I know Bushito has done a good job with the Bear these past few seasons, I've seen he's been doing a lot since he's returned from the his off-season excursion, and the fact that he's inspired direction and loyalty in all of you really does say and mean a lot. But blackmail and mass exodus is not the answer, as all it serves to do is strengthen our resolve to replace him, as we will NOT be strong-armed by terrorist acts to make decisions.

If you guys DO feel THAT extremely strongly about Bushito staying as GM, and if Bushito himself would like a second second second second chance, and if you truly have no faith in the replacement plan we are currently working on when it's presented, then probably your best bet would be to PM some sort of formal appeal to the blue team. This should explain why replacing Bushito is still a bad a idea despite the mountain of precedent suggesting we should, and give us an action plan to convince us that a slip-up would never happen again. There's already plenty who feel like we've already been too lenient, and another slip-up would look bad on all of us, and would not even warrant a discussion.

Like you, we have the franchise's best interests in mind. Make no mistake, Seattle is extremely lucky they were able to keep Savage and Strauss. In fact, I'm not 100% that mercy was even the best call on our behalf, as it sets a bit of a precedent that may one day call the rule itself into question. If that had not occurred, I'm not so certain I would be hearing the same tune in this thread.

The concerns of Bushito as GM stem back to his time as GM of Davos, which would have been in the 20s with his goalie, Satan. I can't recall if he had missed drafts and/or could be difficult to contact back then, but I do know his tenure ended when he went suddenly inactive one off-season, forcing a last minute replacement. When Bushito did eventually return (which I think was quite some time later), he was very understanding, as I believe he had a lot of things going on in his life at that point.

Justified or not, this set a nervous precedent.

- Fast forward to when the Bears GM position opened. Bushito applied, and after some discussion, we decided to give him another chance at it. All is well in Bear-land.

- Fast forward to August 22, 2014. There was complaints (largely from Kesler, mind you), of difficulty contacting Bash for trades and such. He also wasn't around to name captains or some shit. General inattentiveness. There was some (probably overblown) talks of replacing him even then, but we have a fairly lenient overall policy. I know Jason struggled at times with Calgary, but he was still able to end his tenure organically, and with minimal complaints (none of them formal). In the end, apparently Victor gave him a warning.

- Fast forward a month, September 24, 2014, to the off-season and draft. Seattle had a 1st and a 3rd in a very deep draft. Bushito apparently forgot about the draft, and was a no-show for the first round. Again, there was some calling for a replacement. However, it wasn't the first time a GM with a noteworthy pick had missed the draft, and it was determined it would overall be more healthy for the franchise to allow him to stay on, as he was on the verge of re-creating with Stropko. I think the hope was that with Streetlight now on board, and with some monitoring, things would play out as they should. Which, a number of months later, one could say they have to an extent.

- Which brings us to our most recent debacle. Dr. Jones had to do all off-season activity, including a last minute effort to sign the Bears draftees. The blues mercifully allowed Jones to sign the rookies without issue (though not without some initial conflicting opinions on the matter), and the case of Bushito's GMing was once again re-opened to discuss replacement once and for all.

Now, here is where you need to see things from our perspective.

- A PM was sent to Bushito informing him that his time as GM would likely soon be over, and for any explanation. He had told us that he was having issues with his phone and laptop, and that replacing him was "probably a good idea."

- With all of this in mind, immediately plans went in motion to find a suitable replacement. Looking within the organization, DT was essentially the only candidate suitable for discussion. Apparently he was also Bushito's only choice as well. On behalf of the BOG, opinions on him were rather split, but ultimately it didn't matter as we got word from both him and Bushito that he wasn't interested in GMing the Bears. We continued our somewhat classified search elsewhere.

- I later begin hearing murmurs that you wonderful members of the Bears are vehemently against replacement. There's also rumours of mass exodus. Thus, I finally now do a little personal investigation, and fall upon this thread, and make this post.

So that is all I know, and as far as I'm concerned, all there really is to know. I haven't heard anything from Bushito that suggests he insists on staying as GM, and judging from the only PM I received from him, he's okay with being replaced.

If I am wrong about this, then I'd like to know about that in a more direct manner. I really only chanced upon this Fan 590, and I don't overly want to go LR snooping.

I know Bushito has done a good job with the Bear these past few seasons, I've seen he's been doing a lot since he's returned from the his off-season excursion, and the fact that he's inspired direction and loyalty in all of you really does say and mean a lot. But blackmail and mass exodus is not the answer, as all it serves to do is strengthen our resolve to replace him, as we will NOT be strong-armed by terrorist acts to make decisions.

If you guys DO feel THAT extremely strongly about Bushito staying as GM, and if Bushito himself would like a second second second second chance, and if you truly have no faith in the replacement plan we are currently working on when it's presented, then probably your best bet would be to PM some sort of formal appeal to the blue team. This should explain why replacing Bushito is still a bad a idea despite the mountain of precedent suggesting we should, and give us an action plan to convince us that a slip-up would never happen again. There's already plenty who feel like we've already been too lenient, and another slip-up would look bad on all of us, and would not even warrant a discussion.

Like you, we have the franchise's best interests in mind. Make no mistake, Seattle is extremely lucky they were able to keep Savage and Strauss. In fact, I'm not 100% that mercy was even the best call on our behalf, as it sets a bit of a precedent that may one day call the rule itself into question. If that had not occurred, I'm not so certain I would be hearing the same tune in this thread.

Thanks Jardy. I really appreciate the time you took to type out this message.

S40 Draft I didn't have 1st and 3rd. I didn't miss it either. I've not missed a draft as Seattles GM. If I had to work I sent in a list. Yeah Kesler bitched about the team because he felt his player was being wasted being the only player in Seattle and I didn't want to trade him until his third season where I could get max value which I did and led to him getting a GM job. I have not told any member of Seattle to leave nor threaten to leave. I told my team what's going on and that is all, which they deserve to know. When The members of the team started telling me they were leaving as well if I wasn't GM and Phil was going to retire if I wasn't GM the first thing I did was PM the blue team to make them aware. Yeah I finally got a job and forgot to pack my computer and I broke my phone 2 days into it. As far as I'm concerned this is my only real mistake as GM of Seattle. I borrowed a buddies ipad at work to send a message to let you guys know what was up and got the message I was being replaced, I was pissed off and said maybe it's for the best. I have no desire to leave my GM position, I think I've done good in Seattle. We have a good crew here, a loyal crew and a great shot at being a top contender going forward. Replacing me sends Seattle to the Vasteras Iron Eagles, anyone can see it. If you need to look through my locker room, go ahead, I don't even care especially since it can prove I have no input on trying to make people leave or saying anything about it.