VHL This Week Feedback

Molholt

Improve VHL This Week  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you haven't noticed, there hasn't been any editions of VHL This Week since the Cup finals last year. This is because I feel like the current format is boring, repetitive. I'm tired of it and I'm the one writing it. So I want some feedback from the 5 of you who read it, as well as the ones who just click through to do the trivia :)

First, help me identify the problem, if there is one. Is it the format of the system, or the content of the system, or perhaps both?

Currently how VHL This Week works (at least my version) is that I go through everything on the site and in the sim, usually on Sunday, and recap everything that has happened. Trades, signings, announcements, ways to earn TPE, stat leaders and standings. Every week it is mostly the same, just the names and numbers change. What I'm considering, and am curious to see if you're interested in (and if whoever is my boss is okay with), is a more fluid system that has me post shorter form pieces as things happen. 

So, if a trade happens, I don't have to wait until I've compiled all of the week's information, I post a VHL This Week article about that trade, right then and there. This would work with all of the categories I previously covered, standings changes, big games in the sim, announcements or TPE opportunities - recapped and posted about as they are current and topical. I can pepper in other things, thought pieces or awards discussions, etc. as I feel like it, because it isn't so time demanding all at once. I'm more apt to have 15 minutes for something on a Wednesday afternoon than I am to have an extra hour on Sunday night to cram more stuff in. I'd also be more likely to be able to spruce the pieces up more, graphics, etc. I just don't have the time to do that for a huge article all at once.

What do you think? I think it would enhance readership, by giving everyone smaller chunks to digest at a time. It allows the section to be more topical and function more like a website that keeps up with things as they happen, rather than just being a highlight reel at the end of the week. Would you be more interested in this setup, or do you like the way it is now? I just feel like if I'm getting bored of the old way, that others must be too. I get the feeling that VHL This Week is more about the trivia than the content, and I place that blame on the content that I've been creating. I want to enhance it, so help me out.

If you have thoughts, ideas, comments or suggestions, please post them up, PM me or send me something in chat. I'd love to hear it. If you just wanna vote in the poll, please do that as well. I'll take any feedback I can get to make this thing better for the members and something I can be more proud of as a creator. 

Thanks!

A more fluid, shorter and up to date system may be more valuable. Like a nightly, daily, bi-weekly re-cap of events. Especially bigger off-topic events that I miss around here would be of some entertainment value at the least

If you revamped it to VHL NEWS this could work.

So In the section you can post anytime:

- Upsets in the sim happen (like Seattle beating Cologne lol)

- Announce Trades

- Announce neat Media Releases (like Sterling's 40 in 40 article or HOF articles)

- Away thread news, like Jardy leaving us again.

- The Return of old members, or the recruitment of new ones

- Bans 

- When a team clinch a playoff berth or title

- When the VHLSC is released 

etcetetc. This would keep it fresh for you and keep everyone informed if they want to be. 

I personally think that the VHL This Weeks just had TOO much info and was a daunting wall of text (to me, at least).

I think a more reduced structure, where not EVERYTHING is covered every week... Like maybe only go over trades/roster moves at mid-point of season or trade deadline, that kind of thing.

I also think reducing more things to point-forum/bullet-points as opposed to paragraph(s) of text would make it easier to digest.

With that being said, I think you did a great job for VHL This Week and despite it being like a wall-of-text, I still found myself reading through them, when they were posted.

oh, I didnt even see the poll options because my acct was in limbo, but I think you should still keep it WEEKLY but maybe try to be more condense and only cover certain topics (trades/standings/awards) when they become relevant instead of every week.