Jerrick Poole Left in Limbo

An unofficial deal that would have sent defenseman Jerrick Poole to the Stockholm Vikings has, for all intents and purposes, fallen through. While there is talk that league officials are the ones who ultimately shot the deal down, one has to wonder how this came about in the first place. And was the proposed deal between the Vikings and Legion really all that bad in the first place?

The answer would be no. On the surface, it would be easy to say that Toronto got fleeced. That they could have received a much better deal for Stokes, Rathod Jr., and, especially, Poole. But what is missing here is why this trade even happened in the first place. Poole had been in discussions with Stockholm GM boubabi back when he tested free agency at the end of Season 42. Opting to return to Toronto after they benefited from a massive Helsinki talent dump, the Legion went on to have a successful regular season before succumbing to the surprise champion Seattle Bears. The length of this deal was two years. Which included a player option for the second year.

So now we're looking at the off-season before Season 44. Edgar had announced his plans to step down as GM. I had a player option and was free to just get up and leave Toronto with the imminent rebuild. But after talking to both Stockholm and Toronto about my position, a deal was formed that seemed to be a compromise for all three parties. Toronto would receive something instead of losing me to free agency. I would be able to leave Toronto on amicable terms, knowing I did what I could to lessen the blow. And Stockholm was able to shed some salary as they geared up for a cup run. A win-win-win situation. Or so I thought.

• Senior Admin

This is retarded of the blue team to veto, judging by the circumstances in the OP. Yet the same guys are willing to forgive HC Davos for not managing their cap, and authorizing them to have 2 players being paid a tpe-tier lower than they were/are to accommodate another "pre-arranged" deal.

Higgins, Draper please post some kind of response as to your logic/reasoning because I literally see none. This should be a fair league for everyone, not you two sitting behind the curtain doing whatever the fuck you want. The second a league's integrity is compromised (and this whole fiasco is taking it very very close to that), the league is going to suffer harsh losses.

Removing small amounts of un-updated TPE to stay under the brackets is common practice, in fact didn't you once use the same thing to stay in the VHLM?

Removing small amounts of un-updated TPE to stay under the brackets is common practice, in fact didn't you once use the same thing to stay in the VHLM?

Except Komarov and Hunter DID update the TPE that put them over and it hasn't been removed despite the decision being made over two weeks ago.

Yes it has? I removed it from their player pages myself.

Ah, my bad. I had been assuming that the players would've posted something about it in their update threads, considering it's not really right to just take points away from players.

It is my understanding that the Toronto GM doesn't like the deal (can't blame him after I saw the full deal), considering two parties need to accept a trade, I recommend they negotiate together to find an alternative deal to satisfy both parties? Seems like the best option to me.

It is my understanding that the Toronto GM doesn't like the deal (can't blame him after I saw the full deal), considering two parties need to accept a trade, I recommend they negotiate together to find an alternative deal to satisfy both parties? Seems like the best option to me.

Eh, a big problem with that is Molholt doesn't seem to be respecting the fact that Poole would not have been on Toronto if not for the deal we had set up.

• Senior Admin

Ah, my bad. I had been assuming that the players would've posted something about it in their update threads, considering it's not really right to just take points away from players.

You're right, it's not right to take points away - hence the reason they approved in a PM with us and their GM. In hindsight, I probably should have edited their update threads too but w/e.