S46 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

stevo

So guys I'll be at 126 TPE at the end of this week, is that good enough to warrant a first round pick?

Activity can trump TPE, you've been really good about it lately.  Wouldn't be surprised if you were one!

So guys I'll be at 126 TPE at the end of this week, is that good enough to warrant a first round pick?

Activity can trump TPE, you've been really good about it lately.  Wouldn't be surprised if you were one!

Kendrick has me projected at 13th overall and there is a lot of activity in the draft, which leads me to believe I'll be somewhere around that 7-13 area. Does joining at the beginning of S45 have any advantages? To my knowledge everyone projected to go ahead of me in the draft joined in S44.

Kendrick has me projected at 13th overall and there is a lot of activity in the draft, which leads me to believe I'll be somewhere around that 7-13 area. Does joining at the beginning of S45 have any advantages? To my knowledge everyone projected to go ahead of me in the draft joined in S44.

Keep in mind thats basically 11th overall, I still had to list those two picks at 11 and 12 even though they are forfeited. Some advantages but none that would result in a huge gap. Most of the people ahead of you are not first-gens so they did benefit from slight carryover TPE. I'd say if I broke down the TPE in a chart you'd be somewhere from 2-5 in terms of earned since creation.

Keep in mind thats basically 11th overall, I still had to list those two picks at 11 and 12 even though they are forfeited. Some advantages but none that would result in a huge gap. Most of the people ahead of you are not first-gens so they did benefit from slight carryover TPE. I'd say if I broke down the TPE in a chart you'd be somewhere from 2-5 in terms of earned since creation.

I forgot about carryover. That's probably quite a large disadvantage. Regardless, I hope I can slide into the first round. I guess we'll wait and see!

Some of them only collected enough carryover for 2-3 weeks of PT's. My biggest belief is that what you earn after the draft balances it out because in the end you could be anywhere from 1-300 TPE ahead of them in 6 seasons or so.

Really though, it's not that important where you go in the draft. Just keep up the activity and you'll have a player that might be better than guys ahead of you. It's happened time after time that guys who were drafted lower, only because people weren't sure of their activity level and if they'll stay, that they ended up better than the ones ahead of them.