VHL Cup Finals, GM 3: Cologne vs. Calgary

JardyB10

what is with these penalties

Not than unusual. You guys were 3rd in the league for PIMS on average during the season, averaging nearly 10 minutes per game. Express average 8.12, good for second lowest in the league. Go through your regular season roster and see how many guys you had who had a pretty large PIM result. To clarify I'm not trying to rub it in. Discipline simply isn't an irrelevant stat. You have very relevant players spending time on the bench, meanwhile Koenig and O'Malley, arguably my two most important players have a total of 19 penalty minutes the entire season. Advanced statistics, they do exist. Also discipline isn't completely irrelevant. :P 

Two more wins come on Trains!

TIL: Devise considers PIMs to be an "advanced statistic"  :ssst:

Isn't it supposed to be TLDR? Also, it isn't a consideration it's a fact. :P 

But if it's any consolation Eagles, Seattle had the worst PIMs on average last season (most per game) and still managed to beat us.So it isn't an all determining factor. 

Isn't it supposed to be TLDR? Also, it isn't a consideration it's a fact. :P

But if it's any consolation Eagles, Seattle had the worst PIMs on average last season (most per game) and still managed to beat us.So it isn't an all determining factor. 

TIL = Today I Learned

What is so advanced about a counting statistic such as PIMs??? I mean, if you wanted to argue PIMs For/60 or PIMs Against/60, I guess...

TIL = Today I Learned

What is so advanced about a counting statistic such as PIMs??? I mean, if you wanted to argue PIMs For/60 or PIMs Against/60, I guess...

It's advanced in the world of VHL where we seem to only pay attention to hits, goals, and points. We look at those totals, as well as a team success overall and go "thats a winner." Then you see games like this and you have members like Eagles who I'd argue is a pretty elite member here blankly wondering how come his team gives up 6+ PP a game to us in the finals. Ergo, he paid zero attention to the PIMs during the regular season, because he didn't realize he was actually a team that gets penalized regularly, and that is something he'll have to deal with against Cologne, who was on the opposite end of that.

Furthermore, a high majority of his top end players (Miller, Cote etc.) were penalized a lot during the regular season and thus far in the playoffs. Where as with Cologne their two top forwards are far less penalized. If it wasn't for a few random fights O'Malley would be challenging for Most Sportsmanlike again just as Koenig is.

Also Sterling, I know you didn't read this far but sometimes you do and give me a random "that doesn't mean anything," Like you did in the last thread where you clearly missed me saying having more TPE/points in the regular season never meant that Cologne was going to win. This is the same here. Calgary could very easily overcome the penalty disadvantage, Seattle did last year and they were a lot worse than Calgary is this season. But the FACT is they are going to have to overcome it, because they are going to be in a penalty disadvantage this series and 3 games have proved that. 

Edited by Mr. Power

Omg stop over analyzing things.

Me over analyze? Never....

On another have you ever thought that sentience may be a curse sometimes? The amount of great things our higher level of intelligence have brought is countless. But with the exception of very small amounts of empathy most animals only feel physical pain. Their brains aren't developed enough to feel any emotional pain to the degree we can. Think about that. Despite sentience giving us an understanding of who we are, what we are, we also feel pain at times in the most illogical of ways. We mourn, even go into depression over people and things we don't even really know. We argue with each other, and get into fights over the most petty things. Things that actually don't even really exist, and wouldn't exist if we didn't have sentience. 

I'm with Mr. Power. The basis of the human race involves thinking and in order to think you need to type really long paragraphs to truly let your thougths flow out. I think it's best to do these paragraphs Mike style where you never use punctuation, so from now on in this paragraph punctuation will not be used you see more of these long paragraphs when munk is involved because i think the entire league is in agreement that munk should be overlord commy by now and the fact that higglymuffins isnt fired for disgracing the muffin man by now is a disgrace just because ginger bread graper doesnt know the muffin man doesnt mean that higglymuffins can just disgrace the league by not allowing munk to be overlord commy because being overlord commy requires a certain amount of zeal and you cant reach that zeal without typing up really long paragraphs to let you feelings out so on that note i officialy endorse higgins 4 commy

• Admin

Jedi Knight would be a great name for a Phil player.

TIL: Devise considers PIMs to be an "advanced statistic" :ssst:

YEAH! approves.

All PPs seem to do is increase shot totals, no one can actually score anymore. Amateurs. Back in my day.