Ranking Third Overall Picks by TPE

Tagger

PvCpgO.png

Notes:

- There have been more players selected third overall to reach 1000 TPE (8) than those selected second overall (7) and first overall (5)

- Of those currently with active player careers (signified by bold font), Hans Wingate looks best set to challenge Slaughter for the top spot. If Wingate plays out his full career, he would need about 120 TPE a season to overtake Slaughter.

- Jeff Downey is the highest selected player in VHL history who is below what the current VHLM TPE threshold of 175 TPE.

- Despite the greater amount of 1000+ TPE players, the average TPE for a third overall pick (605), is still lower than the average TPE for a second (653) or first (682) overall selection 

I think I can get to the Top 3 at least. That works for me. And since it pops out: Is the S5 McLovin on there the user Cornholio? Think he made a player with that name in a post-MSFL football league too.

I checked for the same thing since he was called that in MFA, the username was McKelvin though, so I couldn't say. It does seem to have been around the time one of the MSFLs was around though, as I did see a Jengo Taneli (Zbi) whilst I was searching.

I checked for the same thing since he was called that in MFA, the username was McKelvin though, so I couldn't say. It does seem to have been around the time one of the MSFLs was around though, as I did see a Jengo Taneli (Zbi) whilst I was searching.

Research! Cool that he made his way over to the VHL and was a Top 3 pick, never knew that. He was one of the top players in the original MSFL and a fun person to have on the boards in Reborn too.

I think I can get to the Top 3 at least. That works for me. And since it pops out: Is the S5 McLovin on there the user Cornholio? Think he made a player with that name in a post-MSFL football league too.

Cornholio is on SBA.

You should continue doing these. Would be interesting to see the late first round picks/early second round picks.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get at least as far as #20 with the aim after that to then make tables of highest TPE first rounders, second rounders and then maybe players assigned via the GM rule. 

Just done #4 now:

89D3ox.png

Things of note:

- No 1000 TPE player yet, which is somewhat surprising given that at least the next three selections (#5-#7) have at least one player that made 1000 TPE.

- Beketov makes the top 20 twice (#11 with Chekhov, #17 with Beketov)

- With Poole not having visited the site for a while, the active players with the best chance of making a run at the top 5 are Simon Valmount and Sandro Clegane. Would be cool if our first 1000 TPE fourth pick was a first-gen. 

- Average TPE for fourth overall selection is 473, over 100 TPE below third overall and over 200 TPE below first.

- With Poole not having visited the site for a while, the active players with the best chance of making a run at the top 5 are Simon Valmount and Sandro Clegane. Would be cool if our first 1000 TPE fourth pick was a first-gen. 

That will happen, I can promise it 99%. I'm gonna make VHL History!! Let's go!

Yeah, I'm hoping to get at least as far as #20 with the aim after that to then make tables of highest TPE first rounders, second rounders and then maybe players assigned via the GM rule. 

Just done #4 now:

89D3ox.png

Things of note:

- No 1000 TPE player yet, which is somewhat surprising given that at least the next three selections (#5-#7) have at least one player that made 1000 TPE.

- Beketov makes the top 20 twice (#11 with Chekhov, #17 with Beketov)

- Average TPE for fourth overall selection is 473, over 100 TPE below third overall and over 200 TPE below first.

This is a good list

• 6 months later...
On 9/9/2015 at 5:46 PM, XaviYEAH! Woods said:

PvCpgO.png

Notes:

- There have been more players selected third overall to reach 1000 TPE (8) than those selected second overall (7) and first overall (5)

- Of those currently with active player careers (signified by bold font), Hans Wingate looks best set to challenge Slaughter for the top spot. If Wingate plays out his full career, he would need about 120 TPE a season to overtake Slaughter.

- Jeff Downey is the highest selected player in VHL history who is below what the current VHLM TPE threshold of 175 TPE.

- Despite the greater amount of 1000+ TPE players, the average TPE for a third overall pick (605), is still lower than the average TPE for a second (653) or first (682) overall selection 

Just curious, you got these lists saved anywhere? Was curious so went back to check, picture links are broken