VHL Magazine Writers

Molholt

I'm looking to add (for sure) one writer for the VHL Magazine with the potential to hire up to four. Articles are expected to be high-quality and will have a mid-week deadline that will need to be met on a consistent basis, as such, quality and consistency are my two primary sticking points on applicants.

We have a couple of (previously) consistent columns that are on the table, as well as potentially two more, those include:

Victory Three - This article series provides three quick talking points that the VHL community should know. It covers recent occurrences both on and off the ice, in an abbreviated fashion so those Magazine skimmers can get something quick from their read. 

I'm not sold on needing these specific things, although these are two that the league should be familiar with. I'm also interested in hearing if you have your own ideas for what topic or theme you'd like to have if you were hired, or if you'd like to take over one of these that are currently available.

Pay for this job is 7 TPE/week.

Please PM me with your interest, experience, preferred topics and (preferably) brief reasoning for why you'd be a great fit. Thanks!

Edited by Molholt

Officially two more spots left (possibly/probably three). Another potential column:

Rookie Watch - Covering the rookie class in the VHL throughout the season. Can include breakdowns, comparisons, interviews, etc.

Hiring

StevenStamkos91 to take over a slightly modified Insider Trading

AND

Ahma to take over Rookie Watch

I'm excited to have even more content for the magazine moving forward. 

---

I could potentially be looking for one more writer for a VHL Magazine staple - Victory Three

• 1 month later...

Need writers. Things open: Headlines, Victory 3, Editorial, Hometown Heroes, etc.

Please PM me with your interest, experience, preferred topics and (preferably) brief reasoning for why you'd be a great fit. Thanks!

• Will featured this topic
  • Will unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
On December 4, 2015 at 0:55 PM, Molholt said:

Need writers. Things open: Headlines, Victory 3, Editorial, Hometown Heroes, etc.

I'm willing to write the editorial if you're still looking. I hear the mag needs some dedicated writers to apply

Looks like the original posts were before I joined, but if this is a thing I would love to have some sort of VHLM official update thread, whether I write it or not. As a new(ish) VHLM player, it always feels kind of lame that there is very little done with the minors, I would like to see more done with it, and I would be ok with doing a weekly run down of events and such if you guys still want that

Edited by ADwyer87

23 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Looks like the original posts were before I joined, but if this is a thing I would love to have some sort of VHLM official update thread, whether I write it or not. As a new(ish) VHLM player, it always feels kind of lame that there is very little done with the minors, I would like to see more done with it, and I would be ok with doing a weekly run down of events and such if you guys still want that

There was a VHLM mag, but pretty much everyone (myself included) on the writing team besides Christmas did nothing for it so it ended up him writing the whole thing before it got abandoned 

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There was a VHLM mag, but pretty much everyone (myself included) on the writing team besides Christmas did nothing for it so it ended up him writing the whole thing before it got abandoned 

That's sad....I would love more VHLM articles

• Will locked this topic