2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

1 minute ago, ADwyer87 said:

Partly I agree with what Coach Sullivan said about the hit. Partly one of my main points is, hockey play or not, he injured our goalie and that is a reason to be mad. And partly I think one player doing a bad thing is a stupid reason to hate a whole team

I agree that if a teammate gets injured you get mad, but like @Mr. Power said you get even on the scoreboard or with a big legal hit. You don't go after a player's head and think that it makes up for it. Schenn ran into Murray on a hockey player that wasn't even close to malicious. I'm going to guess that hockey isn't your first sport when it comes to supporting a team?

1 minute ago, ADwyer87 said:

Partly I agree with what Coach Sullivan said about the hit. Partly one of my main points is, hockey play or not, he injured our goalie and that is a reason to be mad. And partly I think one player doing a bad thing is a stupid reason to hate a whole team

How about Crosby and his ridiculous whining every single time something bad happens to him or his team? As evidenced by multiple 24/7 HBO specials where you could hear him on the ice whine all day. :P How about the history of dirty players on your guys roster responsible not just for injuries, but for some of the most viscous cheap shots in the modern NHL era. Cooke, Asham, Sesito are just some recent examples. But I also remember the bench clearing brawls with the Islanders one year and the Flyers in the playoffs. Don't give me the "rival" stuff either. Pens constantly leverage the "good will" of their marketable stars to try and justify that people over target them when they don't. Even the commentary team for the Pens is awful for this. I can't count the number of times I've seen a hockey play result in an injury that those two scream foul, they throw the rule book at etc. Hell those two are probably the most BIASED commentators in the NHL, or maybe the two who do the Bruins. Either of those two. 

Your team has plenty of reason to be "hated". Your team carries themselves like they are the hottest shit in the NHL almost every season when they pale in comparison to the Kings or the Hawks for example. I'm not even a Pens hater either, I guess I was just hoping some of the years of mediocrity and inconsistency would humble the team/fans a bit more than it has. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

How about Crosby and his ridiculous whining every single time something bad happens to him or his team? As evidenced by multiple 24/7 HBO specials where you could hear him on the ice whine all day. :P How about the history of dirty players on your guys roster responsible not just for injuries, but for some of the most viscous cheap shots in the modern NHL era. Cooke, Asham, Sesito are just some recent examples. But I also remember the bench clearing brawls with the Islanders one year and the Flyers in the playoffs. Don't give me the "rival" stuff either. Pens constantly leverage the "good will" of their marketable stars to try and justify that people over target them when they don't. Even the commentary team for the Pens is awful for this. I can't count the number of times I've seen a hockey play result in an injury that those two scream foul, they throw the rule book at etc. Hell those two are probably the most BIASED commentators in the NHL, or maybe the two who do the Bruins. Either of those two. 

Your team has plenty of reason to be "hated". Your team carries themselves like they are the hottest shit in the NHL almost every season when they pale in comparison to the Kings or the Hawks for example. I'm not even a Pens hater either, I guess I was just hoping some of the years of mediocrity and inconsistency would humble the team/fans a bit more than it has. 

Ok.....

1) Cooke is a dirty player, that's what he's literally known for. Not defending him

2) Asham is a dirty player, I hated him on the Pens for that.

3) Sestito is a dirty player. He was dirty in the preseason and I didn't like it. I'm just arguing the hit, in which I agree with Coach Sullivan. Obviously it's still a penalty.

4) if you don't think the Flyers and the Penguins are rivals, then I mean I guess that's up to you

5) I wasn't ranting or raving about how our team is the best or anything. The Capitals are obviously the team to beat, so I'm not sure why you are bringing up being humble into this when I have not been bragging about anything

6) all the other stuff I haven't even been arguing about....so, like, what's you're point on it?

10 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Couturier is out for the rest of the series. Caps in 5 and it's not going to be close.

You guys are supposed to get the upset, cmon! If 09-10 Montreal could do it, you can do it!

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

You guys are supposed to get the upset, cmon! If 09-10 Montreal could do it, you can do it!

Our best defensive center is now our best offensive center. If Schenn moves to center, he's decent defensively, but nothing to write home about. Cousins is an agitator and decent, but again, nothing great. PEB is a 4th liner. That leaves Giroux, and there's no offensive depth behind him.

13 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

hey we were down 3-0 to the bruins you never know

Problem is I don't think the special teams is getting fixed so I don't see that happening. Whoever our PK and Powerplay coaches are should be fired

Eaglesfan for PK and PP Coach

That was a fair while ago and one asshole fan throwing a beer bottle (which is ridiculous but at the end of the day it's one guy) =/=  a big number of Flyers fans throwing wristbands (which were given out as part of a night honouring your recently deceased founder) and doing it during the game to give their own team a penalty. The vast majority of your crowd cheered when Orpik went down and booed when he got up, cheered that hit on Orlov which was so disgustingly dirty I'm literally shocked that he was able to skate off, and couldn't even hold a silence for Ed Snider without shouting "fuck the caps". Also tf is up with Ryan White winking at our bench after he's been chucked out of the game, like well done you've humiliated your team even worse by putting us on the powerplay :)) and then saying he'd have done the same if he was the fans, what a guy 

honestly you can point out that our fans have thrown shit before but the whole display last night by the team and fans was utterly ridiculous from start to finish and I'd be disgusted if something like that happened at one of our home games.

Edited by Daniel

10 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

hey we were down 3-0 to the bruins you never know

Problem is I don't think the special teams is getting fixed so I don't see that happening. Whoever our PK and Powerplay coaches are should be fired

That was a much, much better Flyers team.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

That was a fair while ago and one asshole fan throwing a beer bottle (which is ridiculous but at the end of the day it's one guy) =/=  a big number of Flyers fans throwing wristbands (which were given out as part of a night honouring your recently deceased founder) and doing it during the game to give their own team a penalty. The vast majority of your crowd cheered when Orpik went down and booed when he got up, cheered that hit on Orlov which was so disgustingly dirty I'm literally shocked that he was able to skate off, and couldn't even hold a silence for Ed Snider without shouting "fuck the caps". Also tf is up with Ryan White winking at our bench after he's been chucked out of the game, like well done you've humiliated your team even worse by putting us on the powerplay :)) and then saying he'd have done the same if he was the fans, what a guy 

honestly you can point out that our fans have thrown shit before but the whole display last night by the team and fans was utterly ridiculous from start to finish and I'd be disgusted if something like that happened at one of our home games.

Again, I'm not saying what happened yesterday regarding the fans wasn't bad. It was. I'm just saying people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It was more than 1 beer bottle thrown on the ice, but I can't for the life of me find any video of it on Youtube.

Also, the wristbands had nothing to do with the ceremony for Mr. Snider. There's been a couple of other teams who use the wristbands as part of a light show as well.

I think everyone has those fans though. There was some classless Pittsburgh fan that shouted 'fuck the Flyers' during the Ed Snider memorial, that doesn't reflect on the whole franchise though. Every fan base has assholes. 

26 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

I think everyone has those fans though. There was some classless Pittsburgh fan that shouted 'fuck the Flyers' during the Ed Snider memorial, that doesn't reflect on the whole franchise though. Every fan base has assholes. 

Actually that's a lie, the Hurricanes don't have those fans...actually they don't have any fans.

38 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Actually that's a lie, the Hurricanes don't have those fans...actually they don't have any fans.

Lol actually I know a Hurricanes fan. I think he's the only one :lol:

52 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

@Bojo is a fan I believe.