2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

Derek Dorsett has one thing in mind every game and that is to go out of his way (even if it puts his team at a disadvantage) to fight or go after the tough guy on the other team. Time for this guy to sit in the press box if you're a Canucks fan.

Derek Dorsett has one thing in mind every game and that is to go out of his way (even if it puts his team at a disadvantage) to fight or go after the tough guy on the other team. Time for this guy to sit in the press box if you're a Canucks fan.

Too bad the organization fucking loves him. He may be full of off-ice "intangibles" but he does nothing but hurt the team on the ice.

Jeff Carter should 100% be on Team Canada again over Duchene. Duchene has looked like hot garbage so far this year and Jeff Carter has been our best player this season in LA. He is incredible.

Edited by Kyle

He makes too much money as well for his role on the team. There was also that instance where Tootoo basically went to the bench, then came right off just to get to Dorsett.

He makes too much money as well for his role on the team. There was also that instance where Tootoo basically went to the bench, then came right off just to get to Dorsett.

Actually it's hard to really know what was going on. From what I saw, Tootoo didn't go to the bench, he was already there. He came out late for his shift and was skating to where he stands on the ice. The fact Dorsett went over to him is puzzling and Burrows could hold his own against Tootoo.

Actually it's hard to really know what was going on. From what I saw, Tootoo didn't go to the bench, he was already there. He came out late for his shift and was skating to where he stands on the ice. The fact Dorsett went over to him is puzzling and Burrows could hold his own against Tootoo.

That game was a mess all together.

I have a hard time imagining Burrows said anything about Tootoo's brother considering the Canucks' history with Rypien and Bourdon, as well as their involvement in MindCheck.ca. The alcohol thing? Yeah... I could definitely see him doing that, he's gone after multiple guys for their substance abuse issues already.

I have a hard time imagining Burrows said anything about Tootoo's brother considering the Canucks' history with Rypien and Bourdon, as well as their involvement in MindCheck.ca. The alcohol thing? Yeah... I could definitely see him doing that, he's gone after multiple guys for their substance abuse issues already.

Haha I have a hard time fathoming what you just said. Burrows is scum, regardless of the past with Rypien and Bourdon. He is one of the dumbest guys I've seen in the league. I can't stand Tootoo, even more because he is on the team I support, but I would not put it past Burrows to say something across the line.

Life doesn't work life that

Clearly Tootoo is lying just to take pressure off of himself.

Is this me being sarcastic? I'm not even sure.

I doubt it. He is pretty calm until someone says something stupid. Plus, Burrows has a history of going out of his way to cross the line with what he says. There are some things you just don't say. It's funny though, you have a hard time thinking he'd say something because of the Bourdon/Rypien stuff but you think he might say something about the whole addiction thing. Since when did those two things become so independent from each other? I'd argue that alcohol addiction leading to suicide is just about the same level as Rypien committing suicide over mental illness. Whatever was said, I don't think Burrows is an angel here.

Clearly Tootoo is lying just to take pressure off of himself.

Is this me being sarcastic? I'm not even sure.

I doubt it. He is pretty calm until someone says something stupid. Plus, Burrows has a history of going out of his way to cross the line with what he says. There are some things you just don't say. It's funny though, you have a hard time thinking he'd say something because of the Bourdon/Rypien stuff but you think he might say something about the whole addiction thing. Since when did those two things become so independent from each other? I'd argue that alcohol addiction leading to suicide is just about the same level as Rypien committing suicide over mental illness. Whatever was said, I don't think Burrows is an angel here.

Nah, it's not entirely surprising. Burrows has never been known as a great guy on the ice. :lol:

I agree with Botch on the Burrows/Tootoo incident. http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/11/12/the-provies-vrbata-lament-miller-blame-edler-jokes-and-not-even-450-hutton-fans-can-save-the-day/

When many  hear about an incident involving Alex Burrows they immediately assume the worst.

I, however,  assume the best.

You see a player who has occasionally dived? You see someone you’ve heard is dirty?

I have seen things that will forever outweigh that.

I have seen much of Alex Burrows for the past decade.

I was there in Shippagan, New Brunswick, when eloquence, friendship, love and heart gushed from him at Luc Bourdon’s funeral.

I was around after teammate Rick Rypien left this earth. I was there that night  Burrows detailed Stephane Auger’s revenge plot and was watching when the subsequent HNIC takedown that soon followed aired.

The Auger expose, and what Burrows did that night, took courage and if you don’t think so, you’re always be wrong on this.

I have seen his passion for the game, his respect for the game, his knowledge of the game, and I have seen it pour out of him, year after year after year, interview after interview.

So, sorry Jordin Tootoo, when Burrows says his smack talking had nothing to do with race, did not mention alcohol and did not mention a particular tragic event which has happened to your family, I believe him.

When the Canucks said what Burrows said was no big deal and is something which can be said “10 times a game,” I believe them.

After what I’ve seen with my own eyes for 10 years, Burrows is one of the few players who I would say deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I’m not saying he’s not capable of  something that crosses the line. I just don’t he’s capable of lying about it.

If I’m wrong, shame on me.

But if I’m right, shame on Tootoo, because you spoke out of school, intentionally left it ambiguous, and manufactured a situation where those who don’t know Burrows, and even some who do, will assume it was about race, assume it was about suicide and assume the worst.

If you think it is worth it to break code, and share what was said on the ice, it has to be worth it to go all the way.

Half-assing it isn’t fair to anyone.

I agree with Botch on the Burrows/Tootoo incident. http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/11/12/the-provies-vrbata-lament-miller-blame-edler-jokes-and-not-even-450-hutton-fans-can-save-the-day/

When many  hear about an incident involving Alex Burrows they immediately assume the worst.

I, however,  assume the best.

You see a player who has occasionally dived? You see someone you’ve heard is dirty?

I have seen things that will forever outweigh that.

I have seen much of Alex Burrows for the past decade.

I was there in Shippagan, New Brunswick, when eloquence, friendship, love and heart gushed from him at Luc Bourdon’s funeral.

I was around after teammate Rick Rypien left this earth. I was there that night  Burrows detailed Stephane Auger’s revenge plot and was watching when the subsequent HNIC takedown that soon followed aired.

The Auger expose, and what Burrows did that night, took courage and if you don’t think so, you’re always be wrong on this.

I have seen his passion for the game, his respect for the game, his knowledge of the game, and I have seen it pour out of him, year after year after year, interview after interview.

So, sorry Jordin Tootoo, when Burrows says his smack talking had nothing to do with race, did not mention alcohol and did not mention a particular tragic event which has happened to your family, I believe him.

When the Canucks said what Burrows said was no big deal and is something which can be said “10 times a game,” I believe them.

After what I’ve seen with my own eyes for 10 years, Burrows is one of the few players who I would say deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I’m not saying he’s not capable of  something that crosses the line. I just don’t he’s capable of lying about it.

If I’m wrong, shame on me.

But if I’m right, shame on Tootoo, because you spoke out of school, intentionally left it ambiguous, and manufactured a situation where those who don’t know Burrows, and even some who do, will assume it was about race, assume it was about suicide and assume the worst.

If you think it is worth it to break code, and share what was said on the ice, it has to be worth it to go all the way.

Half-assing it isn’t fair to anyone.

So basically Burrows shits rainbows? This is the same guy who bit another player, struck a 19 year old in the face in a ball hockey game and is regarded as a guy who can lose it at times on the ice? I'm not saying Burrows is a bad person but you are crediting Jason Botchford (Vancouver's least respected journalist behind Tony Gallagher) for writing a piece saying Burrows is an angel. Tootoo by no means is the NHL's Mother Theresa (I don't want him on my team) but I'm not going to have Jason Botchford influence my opinion on anything besides which Vancouver restaurant has the best egg salad. Come on now.