2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

9 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Well that was somewhat of a strange response.

Yeah I don't even know what he was responding to specifically. The Burrows comment potentially?

On a side note, I haven't really spoken much this season, but my Caps are doing a hell of a job. Oshie and Williams were huge pick ups, Holtby is having a Vezina like season and Kuzy is breaking out this year. Can't say I'm unhappy with the results so far ha. :P 

2 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

Yeah I don't even know what he was responding to specifically. The Burrows comment potentially?

On a side note, I haven't really spoken much this season, but my Caps are doing a hell of a job. Oshie and Williams were huge pick ups, Holtby is having a Vezina like season and Kuzy is breaking out this year. Can't say I'm unhappy with the results so far ha. :P 

Yeah I'm not sure. I mean I could've stated a circle jerk for the ones defending him. Just know one thing I've learned about Canucks fans is they will defend their scum players to the ends of the earth regardless of if they should or not.

5 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah I'm not sure. I mean I could've stated a circle jerk for the ones defending him. Just know one thing I've learned about Canucks fans is they will defend their scum players to the ends of the earth regardless of if they should or not.

LMAO.

43 minutes ago, Dewie said:

LMAO.

Well it's true. I've learned a couple things from reading various forums:

Burrows is an angel and is an ordained minister.

Derek Dorsett is great at puck possession and often times take penalties at the right time.

Markstrom is the second coming of Dominiki Hasek.

Sven Baertschi was the biggest steal of a transaction in NHL history.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Derek Dorsett is great at puck possession and often times take penalties at the right time.

Unless your exaggerating I havent heard of any of those and I am on the Canucks board quite a bit. 

14 minutes ago, Dewie said:

Unless your exaggerating I havent heard of any of those and I am on the Canucks board quite a bit. 

I am exaggerating a bit on the verbiage. However, the Dorsett, Burrows and Sven ones are actually beliefs of several of the CDC guys + some people here.

26 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

No but he's not the spawn of Satan like you think he is.

Wait, what? Those are stupid people. Most fans I know want Dorsett off the team.

The Markstrom and Baertschi ones are just... what?

Are you basing all your opinions on the cesspool that is CDC?

Edited by Sandro

27 minutes ago, Sandro said:

No but he's not the spawn of Satan like you think he is.

Wait, what? Those are stupid people. Most fans I know want Dorsett off the team.

The Markstrom and Baertschi ones are just... what?

Are you basing all your opinions on the cesspool that is CDC?

No, like I said these are semi-serious/joking. Based off CDC, here and on the streets. I never said he was the spawn of satan haha. I merely said the guy is scum and you guys defended him for being that, when there is some evidence now that he isn't really the class act you guys think he is.

• 2 weeks later...

Lecavalier and Luke Schenn to LA? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA @Kyle

Although in all serious, Schenn isn't a bad player, just overpaid and hated on extra because of where he was drafted and the hype given to him by the Toronto media. He'll do fine in a limited role in LA. On the other hand, VInny is done and has been done for years now. He's been professional about it during his time with the Flyers and very rarely complained publicly, but he cannot skate, he can't think the game at a level equal to his skill level, and now his hands are starting to go.

Ovechkin becomes the fifth fastest to hit 500, only Mario, Gretzky, Bossy and Hull faster. Wow. I knew it would happen given how close it was but still. Despite the low scoring era we are in is there any doubt this is one of the greatest goal scorers in league history? Man. Best part about the whole thing was after he scored it the whole bench and the goalie came into a pile to hug him, standing ovation from the crowd, etc. Everyone respects and honors how hard it is to score the kind of goals he's been scoring at the kind of pace. 

I read somewhere that since Ovechkin entered the league he has scored now 500 goals, the next closest person in goals since he entered the league is Iginla with like mid 300's. That is crazy. Nobody in the league currently comes close to even being the gifted pure goal scorer Ovie is, even at 30. Great stuff. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Ovechkin becomes the fifth fastest to hit 500, only Mario, Gretzky, Bossy and Hull faster. Wow. I knew it would happen given how close it was but still. Despite the low scoring era we are in is there any doubt this is one of the greatest goal scorers in league history? Man. Best part about the whole thing was after he scored it the whole bench and the goalie came into a pile to hug him, standing ovation from the crowd, etc. Everyone respects and honors how hard it is to score the kind of goals he's been scoring at the kind of pace. 

I read somewhere that since Ovechkin entered the league he has scored now 500 goals, the next closest person in goals since he entered the league is Iginla with like mid 300's. That is crazy. Nobody in the league currently comes close to even being the gifted pure goal scorer Ovie is, even at 30. Great stuff. 

Not to mention how many of those 500 are highlight reel goals? I'd say close to 100, and I'm not exaggerating.

I still prefer Fedorov haha

6 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Not to mention how many of those 500 are highlight reel goals? I'd say close to 100, and I'm not exaggerating.

I still prefer Fedorov haha

Fedorov was a fantastic player. When I was little Detroit was my fav team as I grew up. Then I stopped watching hockey till like 07 and came back and discovered Caps and the rest is history. 

But you are right about the highlight reel goals, so many in OT or one goal games with the game on the line. He is a clutch player whose consistent, physical, and is a power play threat on top of it all. I feel pretty honored to have seen the majority of his career highlights. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Fedorov was a fantastic player. When I was little Detroit was my fav team as I grew up. Then I stopped watching hockey till like 07 and came back and discovered Caps and the rest is history. 

But you are right about the highlight reel goals, so many in OT or one goal games with the game on the line. He is a clutch player whose consistent, physical, and is a power play threat on top of it all. I feel pretty honored to have seen the majority of his career highlights. 

That's enough Denise, I finished discussing Ovie last post.

I don't care about Stefan Elliot OT Jarred Tinordi. But let's get this sorted out:

How is this going to effect John Scott's All-Star captaincy?!?? The Pacific team will be lost without him!!!