Season 46 World Cup General Manager

Tagger

Hey guys, we are looking for six General Managers to take control of the six respective World Cup teams for the upcoming Season 46 Tournament. If you're interested in such a role, please post in this thread letting us know of your interest and why you're interested in the role. 

As a GM, you'll be tasked with:

- Selecting a roster of players to represent your country

- Helping to generate discussion with your selected team-mates in both your respective team forum and in game threads.

- Submitting lines for each game (If you have no prior experience of this, then a teammate or the World Cup Commissioners will be more than happy to assist).

Team List:

Team Canada

Team USA

Team Scandinavia (Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland)

Team Western Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Germany)

Team World (All other countries) 

Team Mercenaries (Any players not selected for the above five teams)

Things To Consider:

- Unlike last tournament, a small TPE payment will be awarded to General Managers, providing an extra incentive for those thinking about applying for the role. 

- Primarily, we will be looking to have teams represented by General Managers that own players of the same nationality. (E.g. Streetlight's player, Lloyd Light, is Canadian, so he would be in line for the Team Canada GM job). However, the role of Team Mercenaries GM is open to players of any nationality. 

- If you're someone with no previous management experience in the VHL, then a role as World Cup General Manager is a great way to introduce you to the basic concepts of managing a team. 

- The World Cup does not have a fixed start date as of yet (this is determinant on the length of the playoffs), but consider if you will be busy with other activities at the start of January 2016 before applying.

Edited by XaviYEAH! Woods

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My player's Russian so I apply for whatever team that falls under

Russia is a part of Team World, I'll edit the top post to include what countries fall under which banner. 

1 minute ago, boom said:

Even though Koenig was on team Western Europe, he's South African. Is he now "tied" to WE as he played for them last time?

I'll talk to commissioners and I'll get back to you on that. 

• Will locked this topic