Walking Dead Thread

Sandro

checking in again to confirm the show is horrid.

If TWD crew has survived for what is supposed to be like a YEAR at this point, you'd think they would be so much better at dealing with zombie situations/attacks. Yet every fucking episode a couple zombies show up (like, 10 maybe) and their decision making drops to the level of a retard. They should be so much better at methodically herding/killing zombies that this type of shit should NEVER happen.

Also, can they never go and do a mission and have 0 zombies show up? They are in some remote ass area of the US, it's been a full year since the outbreak or whatever, and yet it never fucking fails that anywhere they go a handful of zombies will show up and instead of using any type of strategy shit just hits the fan for absolutely no reason.

Gorlab I love you but smh. The only time bad shit REALLY happens is when they're with members of other groups. When they were wandering around trying to find somewhere we constantly saw them just walking up and stabbing the walkers in the head.

Also u dumb if you think right outside Washington DC is "some remote ass area of the US". Ppl also fuck up their strategies. There's lots to nitpick about the show but I don't think anything you said in either post are some, because they're pretty much not true.

and even in the last episode. The ENTIRE warehouse / electrical component finding segment was just atrocious. How casual and stupid they were about the whole thing just completely butchers ANY type of realism I get from the show. I was a big fan of the comics and read them monthly from like issue 10 - 100, hence why I still watch the show, but it's just brutally bad now IMO.

and even in the last episode. The ENTIRE warehouse / electrical component finding segment was just atrocious. How casual and stupid they were about the whole thing just completely butchers ANY type of realism I get from the show. I was a big fan of the comics and read them monthly from like issue 10 - 100, hence why I still watch the show, but it's just brutally bad now IMO.

Shit it's better than ever now that they're actually following the comics closer. They were casual because there was no danger, fool. Least not til Aiden fucked everything up!

So I'm supposed to believe that the LEADER or senior member of that community's scavenging/hunting party is going to stand there and blast an armored zombie 10 times??? There were literally no other zombies in the immediate area, just the armored one. Any and all logic dictates you walk up to it, remove the helmet and dmg the brain.

Instead the show writers are like "Oh yeah lets just get him to fire about 15 shots into the zombie and then hit the grenade and fuck shit up (The odds of him even hitting the grenade are pretty low in the first place).

#GarbageTV

So I'm supposed to believe that the LEADER or senior member of that community's scavenging/hunting party is going to stand there and blast an armored zombie 10 times??? There were literally no other zombies in the immediate area, just the armored one. Any and all logic dictates you walk up to it, remove the helmet and dmg the brain.

Instead the show writers are like "Oh yeah lets just get him to fire about 15 shots into the zombie and then hit the grenade and fuck shit up (The odds of him even hitting the grenade are pretty low in the first place).

#GarbageTV

Gorlab you're an idiot

Fuck you comic book elitists who don't like this show the season finale was dope.

I'm not a comic book elitist, the show's writing is just taking some really weird turns. Some episodes are amazing, and some are mediocre as shit. I did like the finale, but I thought it was too heavy-handed with the IS GLENN GONNA DIE? IS DARYL GONNA DIE? OH MAN GLENN'S DEAD. NO HE ISN'T! YES HE IS. NO HE ISN'T AGAIN!

Fuck you comic book elitists who don't like this show the season finale was dope.

Comic Book Elitist checking in, I thought the finale was fucking incredible. Once I corrected my idea of where we were in the timeline, this hit pretty much every beat I was hoping for.

Except it'd be nicer if Gabriel died. Fuck Gabriel.

I'm not a comic book elitist, the show's writing is just taking some really weird turns. Some episodes are amazing, and some are mediocre as shit. I did like the finale, but I thought it was too heavy-handed with the IS GLENN GONNA DIE? IS DARYL GONNA DIE? OH MAN GLENN'S DEAD. NO HE ISN'T! YES HE IS. NO HE ISN'T AGAIN!

The stuff with Glenn is going to continue to until they reach Issue 100 of the comics. Then either it happens, or it happens to someone else. I don't want to say much more than that, people can search for "Walking Dead Issue 100" if they really want to know.

Edited by Sandro

Comic Book Elitist checking in, I thought the finale was fucking incredible. Once I corrected my idea of where we were in the timeline, this hit pretty much every beat I was hoping for.

Except it'd be nicer if Gabriel died. Fuck Gabriel.

The stuff with Glenn is going to continue to until they reach Issue 100 of the comics. Then either it happens, or it happens to someone else. I don't want to say much more than that, people can search for "Walking Dead Issue 100" if they really want to know.

Yeah I know what happens, I was just honestly hoping that as much as I didn't want him to die tonight, that he would. I really hate the concept of plot armour in tv shows, and Glenns has been going higher and higher. At least twice he should have DEFINITELY died tonight, and he didn't either time. I get that it's supposed to be suspense too, but still.

I am/was very behind and am now catching up, but can't read through this thread yet, but now that shit is getting extremely real in Alexandria I must comment episode by episode.

E14: My goodness, that rotating door scene. As soon as they were in that predicament, I just had to laugh. How do they come up with this stuff? It's brilliant. Watching that dude bitch out like that filled me with an unspeakable rage. That Glen had to watch Noah die delightfully gruesomely and fuckface didn't, I honestly probably would have shot him in the face. In fact, I feel like they really cranked up the gore this episode, and likely beyond.

And that last scene, so good. The group is just a crazy scale where you can't tell if they're all pieces of shit (We might have to take over and occupy this place. That guy beats his wife, we better murder him.), or just transcending better than everybody (Alexandria people are fleeing dickbags, group doesn't leave a man behind.) And now everything is about to blow up. So excited for the next two episodes.

Next two episodes: Fuck yeah, Walking Dead. Proud of you. I've always quite enjoyed this show, but did find that people tend to overrate it, and I was worried it was just going to be the kind of "sometimes awesome, sometimes meh because our seasons are fucking 16 episodes long and we don't know what we're doing so let's just fuck around a bit" forever, but this one really restored my faith for the most part.

Now when people say TWD is their favourite show, I'll be like, "Well you're still wrong, but after watching S5 I'm willing to accept this." I thought this entire second half of S5 was very strong, and everything with Alexandria was incredible. They cut down a lot on "useless" episodes. Everything was awesome. Like Cally said, episode 14 definitely had my emotions running high, and Noah dying made me kind of sick, and I never really gave a fuck about him. It was just great execution. The season ending cliffhangers weren't too extreme, but provided enough to be excited for next season. Yeah, they might have went a little overboard with "omg is daryl/glen gonna ded!?/" but I was genuinely sick/worried about the prospect. Glen's near-death suspense was cheaply done and maybe predictable, but for a moment I really thought one of Aaron or Daryl was fucked. My money was on Aaron because I don't believe the show-makers are courageous enough to kill off Daryl. And rightly so.

The characters who have been living with/dealing with zombies for a full year still always show some irrational horrifying fear that disconnects them from any type of logic. A group of ~3 survivors will come across like a dozen zombies, they should be able to literally just walk towards them and head-stab them as they go until that whole herd is dead WITHOUT ISSUE (the zombies on TWD are docile as fuck and have always been depicted as easy to kill.)

Instead the 3 survivors will run away, without somehow being able to gain any ground on the zombies, and then inexplicably lock themselves in a port-a-potty because they saw a few more zombies in the direction where they were running. Zombie swarm and 'trap' them inside but they could STILL so easily just open the door slightly, face-stab a zombie, close the door, and repeat until the ~12 zombies are dead.

The show is just dumbing it down WAY too much trying to appeal to as massive of audience as they can, that it's basically become solent green of television (some bland, mass produced horse shit).

I can totally see where you're coming from. I will never get over how lots of people die because a zombie sneaks up on them. Loud, shuffling, rotting, smelling, stupid zombies catch experienced killers off-guard in the middle of the woods or a bedroom or some shit. How. How ever would that happen? Tyrese's death was maximum nonsense. Sasha's ensuing PTSD almost dragged out a little bit long, but that's the type of thing they shouldn't entirely ignore either. Though that part isn't really here nor there.

And lot of weird shit in the warehouse. Really dark and quiet warehouse. Where are the zombies? Where are the zombies? They turn a corner and IMMEDIATELY DOZENS OF LOUD ZOMBIES IN A FENCE A FOOT IN FRONT OF THEM SURPRISE THERE THEY ARE! I don't know what the fuck Aidan was doing with with the armored one either. Sure, you didn't see the grenade, I didn't either, even after Glen pointed it out. But you fucking shot the thing in the chest like, 7 times. Seriously what the fuck are you doing? How DID you live this long? I know this community like to run and fuck people over a lot, but damn. And the explosion had a lot of random consequences. Also at one point a zombie literally LUNGED at somebody. Damn near a football tackle.  I think that was during the Sasha-Michonne-Sex Girl scene in the woods.

So yeah, there is a lot of nonsensical things that happen that's easy to notice that would sort of take away from the enjoyment of the show. They do ask you to suspend quite a bit of disbelief. But suspending disbelief in any show is totally fine if it pays off well, and I feel like this season did a very good job at that for the most part. Definitely much better than they ever have.