Walking Dead Thread

Sandro

MUTHA

FUCKIN

ALEXANDRIA

P.S. They're still in Alexandria in the comic. They aren't going anywhere, any time soon. But Negan is coming, man. I got so scared when I saw that flare.

MUTHA

FUCKIN

ALEXANDRIA

P.S. They're still in Alexandria in the comic. They aren't going anywhere, any time soon. But Negan is coming, man. I got so scared when I saw that flare.

The flare did scare me, because of how he panicked. Totally forgot his boyfriend would be waiting and that was the implication, I was thinking it was that wolves group from last episode.

I also didn't know they were still in Alexandria, I was under the impression they left already. I need to find a download for all the current comics, I only have up til 104.

what a horrid ass show :))

holla @ me when better call saul come on or when Judith get picked off by sniper fire, fuck this played out CGI horse shit.

:lol:

what a horrid ass show :))

holla @ me when better call saul come on or when Judith get picked off by sniper fire, fuck this played out CGI horse shit.

Yeah I dunno, I have mixed feelings. I've liked the show in the past and I loved the first episode, and the last one was kinda "meh" to me. Tonight's was pretty good but I think it was mostly cuz I was just hyped to see Alexandria. I do love character development, but I don't like when they spend a stupid amount of time on redundant development.

The flare did scare me, because of how he panicked. Totally forgot his boyfriend would be waiting and that was the implication, I was thinking it was that wolves group from last episode.

I also didn't know they were still in Alexandria, I was under the impression they left already. I need to find a download for all the current comics, I only have up til 104.

I knew that Eric was out there, but it was the way that Aaron reacted to the flare. I was expecting something much worse.

I didn't read any of the previous posts in this thread since I didn't want spoilers. I am working my way through Season 2.  I thought the show would be awful, but I'm enjoying it after almost 2 seasons.  The thing I don't get is why they make Rick look like such a moron.  The guy seems incapable of making good decisions.

I only watch the show while working out so only 3 episodes per week - it's going to take a while to catch up.

I knew that Eric was out there, but it was the way that Aaron reacted to the flare. I was expecting something much worse.

Yeah, exactly. I remembered he was there but because of the first episode with all the wolves foreshadowing, I thought it was a warning sign that they were attacking somewhere close by- forgetting that logically, they should have been like, 500 miles away at that point, I think?

I didn't read any of the previous posts in this thread since I didn't want spoilers. I am working my way through Season 2.  I thought the show would be awful, but I'm enjoying it after almost 2 seasons.  The thing I don't get is why they make Rick look like such a moron.  The guy seems incapable of making good decisions.

I only watch the show while working out so only 3 episodes per week - it's going to take a while to catch up.

It's more of a season 2 thing with everything that's going on then tbh. He's also a nice guy trying to make nice guy decisions in the zombie apocalypse, which doesnt always work out.

I get the nice guy thing, but he's also a moron.  His buddy might be a jackass when it comes to his wife, but he's basically right about everything.  Anyways, I am sure everything changes over the next few seasons and eventually I'll catch up, but I find Rick to be a really dumb guy and I am surprised he hasn't killed himself and everyone else by now.

I get the nice guy thing, but he's also a moron.  His buddy might be a jackass when it comes to his wife, but he's basically right about everything.  Anyways, I am sure everything changes over the next few seasons and eventually I'll catch up, but I find Rick to be a really dumb guy and I am surprised he hasn't killed himself and everyone else by now.

Well that's actually the nice guy stuff, not him being a moron. I mean I guess I could see it coming across as him being a moron but he's not making those decisions because he's stupid, he's making them because sometimes they're emotionally difficult decisions to make. Rick is making too many good-moral decisions where Shane is making the tough but right calls, although he sometimes swings too far into the bad-moral zone. The fact is that some people are not cut out for life in the zombie apocalypse, they're too kind and soft-hearted to do what needs to be done. Rick is one of those people.

Everything you're saying is right, but that's how you're supposed to feel about him at this point in time. He doesn't make very good decisions at all.

Yeah, the Rick things being in Season 2 are warranted, same with Shane. There's things that happen in that season towards the end as well that are pretty important.

If you're liking Season 2 though, then you'll probably love the rest. All I ever hear from people is how they hated Season 2 because they were at the farm the whole time.

Only 2 episodes left in Season 2 and I'm really enjoying it.  Glad I gave the show another chance.  Can't wait to work my way up to the current season, though I suspect the people are just going to become more twisted.

I might have to re-watch the series at some point soon. I remember much of S2, and I actually don't even know what S3 is off-hand because they split all the seasons.

The show definitely has its fair share of lulls in the series though. I feel like that's what prevents it from being a truly great show. I know every show has its character building episodes, and I usually enjoy them just as much. in fact, I don't recall having any complaints with the first two seasons. But I feel like this one is just off point on a lot of building episodes, and sometimes it ends abruptly and with no payoff.

And one thing that will never not grind my gears is how many stealth zombie kills/near-misses there are. For the most part you know immediately when a zombie is in the vicinity because they're loud as fuck. Clumsily shuffling and grunting and shit. Yet so many times, fucking zombie out of nowhere from behind. Fucking how. They're loud as fuck and they probably smell overwhelmingly like shit. Fucking HOW DID IT GET THE JUMP ON YOU AND KILL YOU?? HOW!?!?! IT CAN'T! THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE! YOU FUCKING DESERVE TO BE DEAD RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOU CLEARLY WENT ENTIRELY SENSE-BLIND

Although like Sandro said, it may have to do with having to wait for an episode every week, it may be better watching it in spurts.

Edited by JardyB10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just as I was giving up on this damn show, they did last episode. This is the first episode in I don't even know how long that evoked (invoked? I don't even know the word, MADE ME FEEL) pretty much all of my emotions. When the Noah scene went down I realized at the commercial break that I was still sitting there clutching my face so hard, I left nail marks while also clenching my jaw so hard it was sore the next day. I hate that Nicholas guy so fucking much, more than I hated Dawn when she killed Beth, and I really liked Beth.

They've had their "chill" time in Alexandria, now shit starts to go off the rails again. I have my thoughts on what I want the ending of this season to be, and if they go there then oooooooooooooooooh boy is it ever gonna be a cliffhanger.

BTW, here's the comic version of the final scene from Sunday for comparison. Douglas Monroe > Deanna Monroe.

Edited by Sandro

They've had their "chill" time in Alexandria, now shit starts to go off the rails again. I have my thoughts on what I want the ending of this season to be, and if they go there then oooooooooooooooooh boy is it ever gonna be a cliffhanger.

BTW, here's the comic version of the final scene from Sunday for comparison. Douglas Monroe > Deanna Monroe.

Deanne Monroe seemed way more persuaded tbh. She listened to Gabriel and it looked like she might even be doubting herself. Where as Douglas basically tells him to fuck off. 

Deanne Monroe seemed way more persuaded tbh. She listened to Gabriel and it looked like she might even be doubting herself. Where as Douglas basically tells him to fuck off. 

Exactly. And that's just going to be made worse when Glenn and co. show up and tell her that her son is dead. Again, I have my hopes for where we're going to be at the end of the season and it looks like the show may be building to it.

Exactly. And that's just going to be made worse when Glenn and co. show up and tell her that her son is dead. Again, I have my hopes for where we're going to be at the end of the season and it looks like the show may be building to it.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to this, cuz it's just gonna make me more mad. That fucking coward Nicholas sucks and that cocky prick Aiden got himself killed, but it's gonna be all too easy to paint a picture like it was Glenn/Tara/Noah/Eugene's incompetence that got Aiden killed, and how he tried to stay and save him but the other 4 insisted they leave Aiden behind- basically the exact opposite of what actually happened. At that point when she's already biased against em, who's she gonna believe? Especially since she was the one going on about how she wanted to integrate them into the society so that there's no more "our people vs their people", yet she tells Maggie "I put another one of your people in a position of power". She wants that viewpoint to be gone, yet she still holds onto it, the hypocrite.

The characters who have been living with/dealing with zombies for a full year still always show some irrational horrifying fear that disconnects them from any type of logic. A group of ~3 survivors will come across like a dozen zombies, they should be able to literally just walk towards them and head-stab them as they go until that whole herd is dead WITHOUT ISSUE (the zombies on TWD are docile as fuck and have always been depicted as easy to kill.)

Instead the 3 survivors will run away, without somehow being able to gain any ground on the zombies, and then inexplicably lock themselves in a port-a-potty because they saw a few more zombies in the direction where they were running. Zombie swarm and 'trap' them inside but they could STILL so easily just open the door slightly, face-stab a zombie, close the door, and repeat until the ~12 zombies are dead.

The show is just dumbing it down WAY too much trying to appeal to as massive of audience as they can, that it's basically become solent green of television (some bland, mass produced horse shit).

What in the what now? They don't show fear unless they're a large group. Scattered about, the walker are nothing. If they're in a group, then they become a problem because they can overwhelm you. That's how it's always worked, what the fuck are you going on about? Docile? Huh?

Also, there are times when they run past simple to conserve ammo. If they can pass by the walkers without having to take them out, why waste the energy doing it? Man, you clearly hate the show. Why do you even bother watching?