CBJ sends Johansen to Nashville for Seth Jones

Kendrick

http://www.tsn.ca/blue-jackets-trade-f-johansen-to-predators-for-d-jones-1.419159

Not so surprising to see Johansen traded as it was public knowledge that he wasn't happy with his contract in Columbus. Seth Jones gets swapped for him which helps Columbus. I think it's a good trade for both teams as Nashville has a good blueline and always finds solid bodies for it. Nashville does get a legit #1/#2 centerman to add to their lineup. Discuss: 

Is it just me or is this not as good for Columbus as it is for Nashville? Nashville has a stacked d core so moving a young future top pairing guy makes sense for a number 1 centermen in Johansen who is something they desperately need.

But seriously Columbus needs a lot and I dont think adding Jones makes them any better today. Good return but I dont really like it for Columbus.

11 minutes ago, Dewie said:

Is it just me or is this not as good for Columbus as it is for Nashville? Nashville has a stacked d core so moving a young future top pairing guy makes sense for a number 1 centermen in Johansen who is something they desperately need.

But seriously Columbus needs a lot and I dont think adding Jones makes them any better today. Good return but I dont really like it for Columbus.

Good defensemen are hard to come by in this league. Bobrovsky needed help badly.

27 minutes ago, Dewie said:

Everyone knew that Johansen wanted out. Getting a player like Jones back for a player who was unhappy is great for Columbus. A much better version of the Carter-Johnson trade.

4 hours ago, Dewie said:

This is true but how bad is Columbus's offense now?

I'd agree with you, but that point is irrelevant if teams weren't going to trade their offensive pieces and Johansen was not falling in love with contract talks.

8 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I'd agree with you, but that point is irrelevant if teams weren't going to trade their offensive pieces and Johansen was not falling in love with contract talks.

This is very true. As a hockey fan I am looking at everything and would say Columbus needs some huge help on offense now.

But none the less very good return.

20 minutes ago, Dewie said:

This is very true. As a hockey fan I am looking at everything and would say Columbus needs some huge help on offense now.

But none the less very good return.

Yeah not to mention Foligno is kind of what I thought (another Chris Kunitz) and Hartnell is being scratched. They have some young pieces but they are 2-3 years away from developing into full-time scorers in the NHL.

• 2 weeks later...

Multi-point games tonight for Kerby Rychel (goal, assist) and Seth Jones (two assists). Jones a +8 in SAT at 5-on-5 so far. Jones has 4 points in 6 games with Columbus.

Seth Jones SA60 is at just under 24, compared to players between 650-750 minutes played (Jones is right around 700 after tonight), he's out playing Tanev, Larsson, Hedman, Ekbald, Shattenkirk, ME Vlasic, Duncan Keith (etc) (unless i was reading the stat wrong and the higher number is worse) now he was playing sheltered minutes in Nashville, but his numbers in Columbus are even better. Columbus might have won the trade now and in the future.