Health and Fitness - Motivational Thread

Advantage

I've been unexpectedly out of town for work for the last two weeks working night shift, so I haven't been doing anything, OR eating well (i.e. at all) in that time. I'll be happy if I'm not under 175 lbs now.

It's getting to me though, so I'm gonna do a small workout in my room today. Dips, pushups, abs. Maybe Google some other things I can do.

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

It's getting to me though, so I'm gonna do a small workout in my room today. Dips, pushups, abs. Maybe Google some other things I can do.

planks, tabletop, squats, lunges, mountain climbers, small step-ups, skipping, flying squirrels/supermans, 

5 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

On a lesser note, today was my first day back to the gym in two weeks or so. Felt both awful and good. I may need a wheelchair tomorrow.

Most likely it won`t be tomorrow.. it will be the day after

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I've posted here.

Jan 17: 265 lbs

Jan 27: 262 lbs
Feb 5: 259 lbs
Sometime after Feb 5th I did something to my left shoulder/neck and really slowed my progress.  My working out was reduced to nearly 0 and I found myself going back to old eating habits.  I haven't completely stopped and I have a renewed focus moving forward yesterday I went to chinese buffet and found myself full after one plate instead of 3:P.  I bowl every Tuesday night and I think the working out has definitely given me more control my average is an all time high of 192.5 and my average over the last 5 weeks has been over 215.

March 19: 256 lbs

I'm now down 9 pounds in just over 2 months and plan to start incorporating some light cardio/jogging as the weather starts to warm up at the track near my house.

Edited by Mike

On March 3, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Phil said:

planks, tabletop, squats, lunges, mountain climbers, small step-ups, skipping, flying squirrels/supermans, 

I learnt very early on that Military workouts where you don't need weights are probably the lifeblood of your physical strength. 

I recommend one of the best workouts ever, Water. Most people don't drink enough and it can actually decrease your ability to sleep and in turn your body doesn't go through the proper steps to ensure you're ready for your next workout.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Sometime after Feb 5th I did something to my left shoulder/neck and really slowed my progress.  My working out was reduced to nearly 0 and I found myself going back to old eating habits.  I haven't completely stopped and I have a renewed focus moving forward yesterday I went to chinese buffet and found myself full after one plate instead of 3:P.  I bowl every Tuesday night and I think the working out has definitely given me more control my average is an all time high of 192.5 and my average over the last 5 weeks has been over 215.

I'm now down 9 pounds in just over 2 months and plan to start incorporating some light cardio/jogging as the weather starts to warm up at the track near my house.

Actually just a pro tip working out/running in the cold actually makes you sweat/burn more for whatever reason. I personally hate doing things in the cold but it could be beneficial to start now but keep up the good work and continue what you're doing :)

On 3/19/2016 at 3:26 PM, Mike said:

Keep going bud. That'll be 35-40 pounds over the course of the year. And you've been inhibited. :drunk:

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking at this now, and I gotta say that diet is everything. I quit drinking carbonated soft drinks and changed to a vegan diet and lost about 30 pounds doing nothing else different. 30 pounds for me was really significant, as I was 170 at the time, so about 18% of my body weight. I've since gone from vegan to vegetarian and am back to 175, though I'm also in a much more sedentary job. 

7 minutes ago, der meister said:

Just looking at this now, and I gotta say that diet is everything. I quit drinking carbonated soft drinks and changed to a vegan diet and lost about 30 pounds doing nothing else different. 30 pounds for me was really significant, as I was 170 at the time, so about 18% of my body weight. I've since gone from vegan to vegetarian and am back to 175, though I'm also in a much more sedentary job. 

I'm "pescatarian" but occasionally I'll have chicken so I guess I don't really fit into any specific category, but when I made that change, I noticed a big difference in how I felt more than anything. I lost about 12 lbs but I seem to have plateaued. I recently got in touch with a health coach through my job so I'm working on getting more active and all that. Glad to see I'm not the only non-meat eater around here, even if I only half count lol