Health and Fitness - Motivational Thread

Advantage

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Moved.

Didn't go to the gym for a month.

Signed up for a new gym.

Went today and went right back to the same weights, reps, and sets that I was doing before.

Now I feel like throwing up. Should have eased back into it.

My first day back training legs (been just under a month) so I decided to throw down 100 squats to kick my ass back into shape.

Yeah. Never again.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Advantage said:

I've hit weight goals I've never wanna hit (office job probably didn't help).

Finally back at it with T25 and some Yoga afterwards.

Just important to keep going at it.

(Also I'm not shitting you, had a buddy lose a good amount of weight through a sleep therapy. No idea how that works though.)

On the right track now it looks like Miller! 

I've just started a shredding program again. Also building/designing a workout program for my father, who'd like to lose weight. It's easy designing a program for yourself or someone similar in age/ability, but it's much harder if not.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I have been so up and down UNTIL NOW.

Since moving in with my new roommates, we as a house have done a week straight of T25 (6 full workouts) and I have barely touched pop (had a cheat day) and been leaning more heavily into water while eating a few different kinds of salads with protein on them.  Been freezing grapes and having tiny bowls of popcorn and crispy minis when I want snacks, so been trying to keep it light.

How's everyone been doing?

Anyone know some good recipes that don't require a lot of ingredients (I really don't like buying a lot).  @Kendrick @Phil

Edited by Advantage

@Advantage I cut out when we were talking but one thing I can suggest is to stay away from creamy salad dressings. Often times Caesar dressing is loaded with mayo/yogurt and other what I call "heavy" fat liquids and they somewhat make the rest of the salad pointless. I recommend grabbing Balsamic or Raspberry Vinaigrette.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

@Advantage I cut out when we were talking but one thing I can suggest is to stay away from creamy salad dressings. Often times Caesar dressing is loaded with mayo/yogurt and other what I call "heavy" fat liquids and they somewhat make the rest of the salad pointless. I recommend grabbing Balsamic or Raspberry Vinaigrette.

I gag on Balsamic's and anything that light..that's my big issue with those.  I physically cannot consume them..probably rather go without dressing tbh.  I generally just try to limit how much I use.

3 minutes ago, Advantage said:

I gag on Balsamic's and anything that light..that's my big issue with those.  I physically cannot consume them..probably rather go without dressing tbh.  I generally just try to limit how much I use.

What about just straight olive oil?

• 1 month later...

I've finally gotten back to the gym after falling out of it a bit when I went to Texas, and came back home and promptly started working. Now that I'm laid off, it's a lot easier for me to find time for fitness. :P

1 hour ago, Phil said:

HOW'S EVERYONE DOING!?!?!

@brovy START STUNTING.

I just started another program. This one is focused on Mass. It's a program developed by Calum von Moger, 2x Mr Universe. 

Ive been working out alot (not doing so much running as I used to do because of back/ankle injuries) and have been on a diet (actually have just felt like shit/been too busy some days to eat dinner [this is bad ik]) so iam gaining muscle while lowering my body fat % which isnt bad I guess.

5 hours ago, brovy said:

Ive been working out alot (not doing so much running as I used to do because of back/ankle injuries) and have been on a diet (actually have just felt like shit/been too busy some days to eat dinner [this is bad ik]) so iam gaining muscle while lowering my body fat % which isnt bad I guess.

Keep in mind that not eating part does lower your muscle % as well.