Fuck this shit

Toast

10 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Not to mention if the test sims is an issue, no one is stopping anyone from acquiring and trying themselves.

Took the words out of my mouth. ADV and I have talked about doing this for ourselves a few times but have yet too. 

While I feel bad for Riga not winning a game, it isn't like Stockholm winning is a crazy upset. They were doing beating top teams in regulation late. I mean Davos won a Cup in S31 on the backs of basically an all star first line and that's it. High TPE top end forwards consistently make a huge difference. As Jardy said, given the offensive difference in the clubs Riga had to know it was going to take a super human effort from Wingate to stay in the series. Even in game 4 that had such an effort it still went to 4 OT and Riga still bit the bullet.

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

First of all, this has less to do with "Jardy dropping the ball and going on a drunken tirade" and more to do with an unfortunate series of communication errors. I informed Draper on Tuesday that he would be simming on Thursday, but I neglected to tell him that the league file was only on Filezilla and not the Dropbox. He probably should have checked both, and I probably should have made myself more available to realize that he didn't know where it was, but a unfortunate little mistake ultimately. He also misinterpreted a PM in which he thought he'd be simming Games 3 and 4 yesterday too, thus he didn't realize he needed to tell me that we were waiting on your lines (which, if you did PM Draper about, there was no reason to not include me on that PM as well. GMs should all know by now to PM both of us regarding simming).

Second of all, if it makes you feel better, you didn't lose the series because you couldn't change your lines. You were simply completely outmatched, as far as the sim was concerned. I know this because I had access to Bears lines and countless test sims, and I STILL couldn't find a combination to beat Calgary four times in a row. And even if I did, we would have still been hard-pressed to come back from 2-0. You were outshot all four games. If you want, you can send me 10 different line combinations that I can re-sim with, and I'm willing to bet you that you that there will never be an instance where Riga beats Stockholm four times in five games.

I really am sorry for how everything played out, but don't try to put the blame on me or Draper. Stockholm is very good for some reason, and there's not much else you could have done about it.

Fuck yourself.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Took the words out of my mouth. ADV and I have talked about doing this for ourselves a few times but have yet too. 

While I feel bad for Riga not winning a game, it isn't like Stockholm winning is a crazy upset. They were doing beating top teams in regulation late. I mean Davos won a Cup in S31 on the backs of basically an all star first line and that's it. High TPE top end forwards consistently make a huge difference. As Jardy said, given the offensive difference in the clubs Riga had to know it was going to take a super human effort from Wingate to stay in the series. Even in game 4 that had such an effort it still went to 4 OT and Riga still bit the bullet.

Fuck yourself too.

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Fuck yourself too.

Nobody is saying you getting swept three seasons in a row isn't bullshit. But come on did you guys on your end realistically think you weren't edged by forward star power in these playoffs by nearly every team?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Nobody is saying you getting swept three seasons in a row isn't bullshit. But come on did you guys on your end realistically think you weren't edged by forward star power in these playoffs by nearly every team?

Do you realistically think I give a fuck what you have to say bud

@JardyB10

Got it. So its my responsibility to check in with you guys every single sim to make sure there haven't been changes to what GMs were already told? 

This communication thing you want to rant about is a two-way street.  

41 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

No, and Toast and Co. are not pissed about that. We are a little disappointed in the communication purposes of this whole two sim a day playoffs thing. After 2 games, teams should have the ability to switch things up. I mean the games mean more in the postseason than the regular season, but we seem to have more time to adjust things in the regular season. I think in the future some communication with the GM's on when sims will take place and what is the latest they can change certain strats and lines. In no way do we think Stockholm beating us is an upset nor is it a surprise, but its more so the frustration with the sim communication. If anyone argues that too, they are sadly misinformed about how the sim/GM's work.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

No, and Toast and Co. are not pissed about that. We are a little disappointed in the communication purposes of this whole two sim a day playoffs thing. After 2 games, teams should have the ability to switch things up. I mean the games mean more in the postseason than the regular season, but we seem to have more time to adjust things in the regular season. I think in the future some communication with the GM's on when sims will take place and what is the latest they can change certain strats and lines. In no way do we think Stockholm beating us is an upset nor is it a surprise, but its more so the frustration with the sim communication. If anyone argues that too, they are sadly misinformed about how the sim/GM's work.

Sure and I agree with you there. It isn't the first time this has happened either. Since we moved to double sims first round and first four games of second it has happened more often.

I just don't see a solution other than GMs sending PM and lines to all parties as frequently as possible.

Just now, Mr. Power said:

Sure and I agree with you there. It isn't the first time this has happened either. Since we moved to double sims first round and first four games of second it has happened more often.

I just don't see a solution other than GMs sending PM and lines to all parties as frequently as possible.

Yes but Ryan, if one sim is at 10 AM and the next one is at 6 PM, if a GM is at work, he never truly sees the first game before the second one has even started. Sure it isn't the first time, but we shouldn't think like that. We should think along the lines of "let's make it the last time" this happens.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Hey how about you go inactive like you said you were going to do and leave these fine people alone :)

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yes but Ryan, if one sim is at 10 AM and the next one is at 6 PM, if a GM is at work, he never truly sees the first game before the second one has even started. Sure it isn't the first time, but we shouldn't think like that. We should think along the lines of "let's make it the last time" this happens.

Indeed but change it how? We double sim for the purpose of keeping the playoffs humming. We could have the simmer wait for lines from both sides or the go ahead following every game. But what if simmer is only on for x long and those two never sync up? Then we get no sim until the next day and we are back to waiting and being behind.

It's one of the reasons so many GMs say the job is tough. Because in order to sync with a lot of it and get the lines you want every game especially playoffs you have to be on the lookout for things like this. Which means spending more free time than most on the site. When Higgins shared info on active online time from the previous site it's no surprise a lot of the higher up names were GMs or former GMs. 

If there is a workable solution for all parties I would love to hear it. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Indeed but change it how? We double sim for the purpose of keeping the playoffs humming. We could have the simmer wait for lines from both sides or the go ahead following every game. But what if simmer is only on for x long and those two never sync up? Then we get no sim until the next day and we are back to waiting and being behind.

It's one of the reasons so many GMs say the job is tough. Because in order to sync with a lot of it and get the lines you want every game especially playoffs you have to be on the lookout for things like this. Which means spending more free time than most on the site. When Higgins shared info on active online time from the previous site it's no surprise a lot of the higher up names were GMs or former GMs. 

If there is a workable solution for all parties I would love to hear it. 

How do we change it? We communicate haha. There is none to my knowledge taking place. I mean simming is a thankless job, but at some point the GM's need to be told when the second set of games is going to be simmer so they have a chance to take 5 minutes and send lines. 10 AM sim means the commish then puts a notice in the GM Forum saying: The next sim will be at 8 PM, please send all lines by 7 PM. Then he tags the GM's that need to see it with the @ symbol.

Yeah true. Or PM/Email the GMs in question so even then they can see it at work or on their phones. 

Provided there is an 8-12 hour gap between sims GMs should have adequate time to make changes. That is assuming we can create that gap with the simmers. 

You guys are getting this a little mixed up. Draper sent a pm to all playoff gms involved saying he would sim the 3rd and 4th games at midnight if there was no objections  Toast agreed and expected to have till midnight to put in lines, but then jardy simmed early before toast sent lines

So it was a miscommunication between draper and jardy but a pm was sent out. So Riga still got the short straw but it happened in a different manner