S47 VHL This Week Trivia: Week 6 Results

Victor

• Admin

Alright, special edition over, hopefully I got a few more interested parties going forward. On this unique occasion, all 5 questions (4 parts A and 1 part B ) were made up by me. Here are the answers...

Part A:

1. The single-season hits record is currently set at 430 and the player who achieved the mark was the 3rd to break the record in quick succession. How many Scott Boulet Trophies did these 3 record-breakers win in total?
ANSWER: Quite a mouthful that but actually not hard to figure out.
Step 1: Find that Leeroy Jenkins set the record before being outdone by David Smalling the very next season before Tukka Reikkinen set the current record: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/257-hits-in-one-regular-season/
Step 2: Check how many Scott Boulet Trophies these legendary forwards got: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/803-scott-boulet-trophy/
Step 3: The answer is 10 (S25, S26, S27, S28, S29, S30, S31, S32, S33, S34)

2. In which seasons did the VHL All-Star Game feature two teams with 9 forwards and 6 defencemen?
ANSWER: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/3308-vhl-all-star-game-rosters-and-history/
The above link shows that the failed experiment came in S14 and was ended after S15. The ASGs were extremely dull those 2 seasons.

3. Excluding Seasons 1 to 9, at the start of which VHL season did every single VHL franchise have a Continental Cup drought of 8 seasons or less?
ANSWER: Some confusion about this but enough people got it right to convince me that I didn't make a terrible question.
The answer is S34 in case you're wondering. After Riga got revenge on New York in S33, it meant the 8 original VHL franchises had each won a cup in the previous 8 seasons. As the Meute and Express were only 4 seasons old, so were there cup droughts. It would be impressive if this ever repeated, especially now with this silly business of back-to-back winners seeing a return.

4. Thomas O'Malley has become the 5th VHL player to hit the 900 career points mark and the first since Season 13. Which player came the closest before him and how many points did he have in his final VHL season?
ANSWER: Phil Rafter was in 5th place before this season and missed out by just 8 points! http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/347-vhl-career-stats-updated-for-s46/
If only he did a bit better than a nonetheless impressive 105 in his final year, Season 34.

Part B: Who was the only one of the original eight VHL GMs to survive more than two seasons?

ANSWER: Simplest one of the lot, of course it was Lucas Tannahill/Pensfan: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/1060-vhl-all-time-gms/
Never managed to match his first season though.

2 capped TPE goes to:
CowboyinAmerica
boubabi
der meister
DollarAndADream
fever95
Higgins
Kendrick
Phil
solas
sterling
Velevra

1 capped TPE goes to:
DGFX.
diamond_ace
gorlab
gregreg
Mike
Smarch

I don't know if there will be another edition this season, if there will, it will be a bit later and finals-themed.

For the time being, here is the S47 leaderboard as it stands - uncapped TPE will be handed out in the off-season.

sterling - 14
Velevra - 14
CowboyinAmerica - 12
fever95 - 12
Phil - 12
Kendrick - 11
Ahma - 10
DollarAndADream - 10
JardyB10 - 10
Streetlight - 8
STZ - 7
Smarch - 7
boubabi - 4
der meister - 4
gorlab - 4
Higgins - 4
solas - 4
DGFX. - 2
diamond_ace - 2
evrydayimbyfuglien - 2
gregreg - 2
Kylrad - 2
Mike - 2

:cheers::vhl:

• Admin
1 minute ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

sleep is for the weak, that is why only me and @Victor are awake and up wait no that doesnt make sense... victor shouldnt be here either then

I will end you.

Also it's not even 12 yet so I am indeed unclear why I am awake.

It's 5:30 am, and I just got back to shitty Thriftlodge in Funkland, SK from night shift. Technically I shouldn't go to sleep for another hour at least because my sleeping schedule is already fucky enough as it is.

In other news, it's been 27 minutes and I'm still sad. I just suddenly remembered it as I was driving home too. My spider senses tingled. And now a bunch of scrubs passed me. Fuck shit.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

It's 5:30 am, and I just got back to shitty Thriftlodge in Funkland, SK from night shift. Technically I shouldn't go to sleep for another hour at least because my sleeping schedule is already fucky enough as it is.

In other news, it's been 27 minutes and I'm still sad. I just suddenly remembered it as I was driving home too. My spider senses tingled. And now a bunch of scrubs passed me. Fuck shit.

Shock everyone with a morning sim.

1 minute ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

is it bad that people might only care if Stockholm beats Helsinki and Calgary beats New York and not a dead drunk? 

No, it's Saskatchewan, and in a shitty motel to boot, it happens all the time.

6 minutes ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

k, just as long we calgary and stockholm win

rip

Because New York tied the series today I am no longer confident Calgary can pull off the upset.

Stockholm however probably will because Draper is a dipshit loser.