Edition 277

STZ

Fantastic issue, props to @STZ and the rest of the mag crew.

Cowboy's article was great and well-researched, as was Dwyer's. It's convenient that he's GM, but it makes me realize that if he's ever replaced with a non-GM in the future, we should allow the VHLM writer to sit on things like drafts and trade talks and whathaveyou.

Solid reads all around!

@sterling

We did find an option, it was Greg. I have the PM records, I informed @Draper  @JardyB10 and @Higgins of my desire to step down due to feeling burnt out and not giving Cologne enough WELL before Greg ever even came into place. Jardy was an option, but he wasn't overly interested in the role and I informed the Blue Team that I would be more than willing to stay on as long as needed until we found a replacement that made sense. I was then later informed by Draper that Jardy had spoken with members of Cologne and an in house replacement wasn't an option. Draper then told me he recalled @gregreg was interested in taking over a GM spot once one was open again, and informed me that is what would be done. As far as I'm concerned I did everything by the book, so punishing Cologne because it took time to find that replacement always made little sense. As does the entire rule, as I'll argue again. The GM player rule is a reality of the fact that we are a sim league, and using something that lives on the "outside" of the VHL game to justify compensation inside the VHL game when it really bears way less an impact than people think it does is silly. Even if a 1st overall player was the one who could of been taken who went to GM, if you give that team the pick it still doesn't change the fact that said member/player is willing to GM, and we as a league can't turn down willing and capable members who are invested in doing what is unpaid work that keeps the league going. 

• Admin

Damn I had to double check that Stockholm did indeed beat Helsinki in six. Shit.

Hopefully we're closest to Calgary. Not in terms of the S5 results but because they kept going and won it in S8. We just need to win more.