VHLSC: S49 Rankings #2 - The More You Know!

Kendrick

Screen_Shot_2016_03_21_at_12_31_31_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2016_03_21_at_1_13_29_PM.png

Welcome back everyone to the second edition of the VHLSC Draft Rankings for Season 49! If you are wondering why it says Season 49, that is because the draft year always follows the VHL Postseason and thus belongs to the following off-season. Anyways, but to the topic at hand; the draft prospects. This year is shaping up to be a pretty solid draft class, one in which could beat previous years in depth. Currently you can find a prospect that has done something more than just create a player at positions as low as 17th overall. Every year we get a crop of players that we have no clue how to scout as they haven't done much, but we hope to give you at least a little bit of insight on them. Before we tackle the edition theme, we'll bring you the bi-weekly roundup!

This past two weeks created some separation for some prospects, but also a lot of prospects were able to close the gap between them and their prospect counterparts. Ted Doughty made huge strides and despite his 42 practice hours, he still didn't move up any spots. Just goes to show you that tight races continue in the middle of the rankings just as much as the top. Shayne Gow made minimal sides int raining but ended up as the biggest mover this week; moving thirteen places above his previous spot. We're hoping more prospects end up increasing their totals and helping their draft stock in the weeks to come!

@FueledByRamen @Green @gorlab @Finster @FootF3tish @Da Trifecta @jaladolar @Mr.Baller @Butch @701 @WoldenGhore @Cuffy @snake3001 @flyersfan1493 @Ventas @Caillean @Milldaddy @JPL @riverriverriverriverriver @jjdynamite @tpellerin55 @Ramicus @Tantlaum

Screen_Shot_2016_03_21_at_1_29_33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_03_21_at_1_52_47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_03_21_at_2_11_06_PM.png

*VHLM GM's please do not stop trying to develop these guys. If you stop trying, they stop flooding the TPE areas and then the drafts suck. The draft is the lifeblood of the VHL talent pool and if you slack you might as well hand in your papers now to get out of your job.

2 minutes ago, Green said:

Small things: the short named for Romania should probably be ROM, and in the article below im suddenly a Peter :D

Nicely done though again.

Autocorrect failed your name there. Also ROU is an autocorrect as well. @Beketov can vouch for men autocorrect things because of a Mac. That's how the name Denise started!

I like drafts where it's wide open at the top, and think this one certainly could be. The top four all have a shot, a goalie like 701 would be tough to pass up for a team that needs one, and wouldn't sleep on the newest Gow iteration either (which would be especially fun if Calgary gets top pick)

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Autocorrect failed your name there. Also ROU is an autocorrect as well. @Beketov can vouch for men autocorrect things because of a Mac. That's how the name Denise started!

You can turn it off but I forget how. It's why I don't usually have the issue at home but I do at work haha. I think it's in safari preferences.

44 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I like drafts where it's wide open at the top, and think this one certainly could be. The top four all have a shot, a goalie like 701 would be tough to pass up for a team that needs one, and wouldn't sleep on the newest Gow iteration either (which would be especially fun if Calgary gets top pick)

The only questions to be asked are:

1. Is this 701 recreate the one that finally commits? Or do we see a repeat of some of his other attempts.

2. Is Gow a frontrunner when all is said and done, or a welfare claimer?

3. Over/Under on a two year career for Roberts?

I don't write this stuff, just basing it off previous resumes.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

You can turn it off but I forget how. It's why I don't usually have the issue at home but I do at work haha. I think it's in safari preferences.

I like it because it helps with some of the words I'm not accustomed to, being of German and American background living in Canada.

A very interesting draft for Calgary to have lots of picks in. First round is looking pretty good already, hopefully some first gens can step up and make the 2nd round great and possibly challenge for a spot in the 1st round. As for as first gens that have caught my eye, @Tsbagsuph has put in some media spot work and seems like a funny guy. Any first gens catch your eye @Kendrick?

Just now, Evans said:

Yessir. The issue was readdressed by the men upstairs and they decided to go with the other option. 

Better start buttering me up GMs. I demand to be pampered like the pretty woman I am. 

Have I ever told you how great of a person you are?

13 minutes ago, Evans said:

Yessir. The issue was readdressed by the men upstairs and they decided to go with the other option. 

Better start buttering me up GMs. I demand to be pampered like the pretty woman I am. 

That actually totally does change the draft. As long as Green's remaining Welfare only, I got you as #1 pick IMHO

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

The only questions to be asked are:

1. Is this 701 recreate the one that finally commits? Or do we see a repeat of some of his other attempts.

2. Is Gow a frontrunner when all is said and done, or a welfare claimer?

3. Over/Under on a two year career for Roberts?

I don't write this stuff, just basing it off previous resumes.

Gow will not be a welfare claimer this time around. Tis only temporary.

I also envision myself going to FA as a major player at some point, as I never had before.

5 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

A very interesting draft for Calgary to have lots of picks in. First round is looking pretty good already, hopefully some first gens can step up and make the 2nd round great and possibly challenge for a spot in the 1st round. As for as first gens that have caught my eye, @Tsbagsuph has put in some media spot work and seems like a funny guy. Any first gens catch your eye @Kendrick?

First gens like @riverriverriverriverriver, @jjdynamite and @snake3001 have been going well so far.

5 hours ago, Evans said:

Well this just means another solid player to add to the list!

12 hours ago, Evans said:

Im-Joker-Ugly-Woman-With-Bad-Makeup.jpg