Welfare/pension ruins the league

jRuutu

41 minutes ago, tfong said:

So like pension being only worth 4 max? Or you mean we get automatic 5?

Basically meaning the dos you could earn from anything pension or welfare related is 4. No purchasing upgrades for 1 extra TPE each week.

27 minutes ago, Draper said:

Agreed, unfortunately I don't see it as something we can ever go back on without significant backlash.

Why not? It's 1 TPE and if those members have a problem they can go write a damn VHL article to earn their 1 TPE. I'm somewhat tired of the whole "oh but you're taking it away from valuable members" excuse that is laid out. Go out and do something about it and stop being lazy. You want this place to be active? Go write a VHL fan article that provokes thought instead of being a hypocrite.

51 minutes ago, Bojo said:

Yeah I could see the removal of the upgrades being a thing. That or jacking up the the price a lot higher. Doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult to afford after two players currently. 

It gets purchased on player, not on member. Thus thankfully if you've had two players over 400 TPE it doesn't guarantee you that you'd have the money to buy the upgrade. Just do-away with it, it was another shitty Devise store suggestion.

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Why not? It's 1 TPE and if those members have a problem they can go write a damn VHL article to earn their 1 TPE. I'm somewhat tired of the whole "oh but you're taking it away from valuable members" excuse that is laid out. Go out and do something about it and stop being lazy. You want this place to be active? Go write a VHL fan article that provokes thought instead of being a hypocrite.

Remember when Higgins and I suggested jacking the price up?

We had BOG members threatening to quit the league within an hour.

Just now, Draper said:

Wouldn't have been me, because I don't claim welfare and never have. But just scrap the damn thing altogether. Welfare/Pension should only be worth 4 TPE. This coming from a guy who could easily claim it because of my past players but I chose to actually bring discussion to the board through articles.

1 minute ago, Draper said:

Lol. Maybe I should have joined BOG just for the purpose of being the snarky asshole that tells people when they're being stupid.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

It gets purchased on player, not on member. Thus thankfully if you've had two players over 400 TPE it doesn't guarantee you that you'd have the money to buy the upgrade. Just do-away with it, it was another shitty Devise store suggestion.

Not this one actually. I can't recall which member, but someone had brought this suggestion up before we switched to this site. Either way I don't recall too much resistance to the idea, but we may of been so far deep in the process of getting the new player store up that a large majority of us had just "given up" so to speak. A lot of rough around the edges ideas and even versions of some of the current purchases were around in those early days. 

I'm honestly fine getting rid of it completely if only because the purchase itself encourages welfare/pension for the entire season to get the most value out of it. There is also a plethora of other things a welfare player could be buying that stand some hope of getting them more interested in the league, so it isn't like we are taking a much needed purchase away from welfare mostly members. 

3 minutes ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

denise made like a seasons worth of media spots in this thread. silly guy claims pension yet he makes media spots in every other thread but the media spot section 

73KwjSz_jpg1.thumb_ac25a535859bc12125cc2

@Mr. Power

Lies. I claim Pension occasionally, I've posted like 10 MS in since like November. :P