Welfare/pension ruins the league

jRuutu

7 hours ago, jRuutu said:

If we are looking at the weekly workload that a average welfare/pension player does vs a average player who does PT´s each week, It´s quite clear the player who does the PT´s does more work? I think we can all agree on that? no? 

No, we can not agree on that. The league is more than just welfare and point tasks. It may be the case, but it's definitely not "quite clear" and certainly not strictly the truth.

Consider that point tasks don't even have to be good quality anymore. It's just 6 TPE for submitting, and maybe there are some guidelines, such as "it can't be pure shit" or something like that. But some people could be pumping out media spots/graphics in 10-15 minutes for 6 TPE while another guy claims 4 TPE for pension and updates players for two hours for an additional 2 TPE.

Edited by Streetlight

6 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Green/O´Malley did the work and is a legend, but why don´t the league push other people do the same with every player?  

People can choose to put in the effort they choose to put in, and (for the most part) will be rewarded accordingly (unless you make a defenseman, in which case you get fucked 98% of the time).

10 hours ago, Streetlight said:

No, we can not agree on that. The league is more than just welfare and point tasks. It may be the case, but it's definitely not "quite clear" and certainly not strictly the truth.

Consider that point tasks don't even have to be good quality anymore. It's just 6 TPE for submitting, and maybe there are some guidelines, such as "it can't be pure shit" or something like that. But some people could be pumping out media spots/graphics in 10-15 minutes for 6 TPE while another guy claims 4 TPE for pension and updates players for two hours for an additional 2 TPE.

Not everybody on welfare/pension has a job though? 

It´s very clear if you compare 2 average users without a job in VHL, the guy who does the point tasks does more work to earn the tpe. 

If the point tasks are easy to do, why is there so many people on welfare/pension then? Or if the point tasks are/can be low quality these days, why don´t you older guys get together and great new ideas for point tasks that could perhaps motivate more people to do them?

10 hours ago, Streetlight said:

People can choose to put in the effort they choose to put in, and (for the most part) will be rewarded accordingly (unless you make a defenseman, in which case you get fucked 98% of the time).

Absolutely, but it´s much better to have lot´s of ´high effort´ people in VHL instead of lot´s of ´low effort people and that is something you older guys should drive everybody to be.

• Head Moderator
3 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Not everybody on welfare/pension has a job though? 

It´s very clear if you compare 2 average users without a job in VHL, the guy who does the point tasks does more work to earn the tpe. 

If the point tasks are easy to do, why is there so many people on welfare/pension then? Or if the point tasks are/can be low quality these days, why don´t you older guys get together and great new ideas for point tasks that could perhaps motivate more people to do them?

I think maybe he meant to say the point tasks aren't complex. They certainly take effort to do though, For people like me that already have to write reports for a living, writing a point task can seem too much like work, especially when it can take me the better part of 2 hours to do.

3 hours ago, tfong said:

I think maybe he meant to say the point tasks aren't complex. They certainly take effort to do though, For people like me that already have to write reports for a living, writing a point task can seem too much like work, especially when it can take me the better part of 2 hours to do.

Yea, well I think another potential thing to look at is to try to make the point tasks more interesting to do, especially if you have done more than few of them previously, could help if you can do something else than the ´normal´ things to earn the tpe. 

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Yea, well I think another potential thing to look at is to try to make the point tasks more interesting to do, especially if you have done more than few of them previously, could help if you can do something else than the ´normal´ things to earn the tpe. 

Well it is a point task sim haha.

Yeah I could see the removal of the upgrades being a thing. That or jacking up the the price a lot higher. Doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult to afford after two players currently. 

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Molholt does have good points, if we had it my way there would be no such thing as purchasing welfare/pension upgrades in the store. That was a shitty add.

So like pension being only worth 4 max? Or you mean we get automatic 5?

My suggestion was just drop pension plan 2 but still keep the purchaseable upgrade. That purchase is the only "effort" that gets put into welfare, so I would keep it but drop the second pension level. 

Would mean you'd only need one player above 400, which I'd also suggest bumping that to 600-700 or so.

Edited by Molholt

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Molholt does have good points, if we had it my way there would be no such thing as purchasing welfare/pension upgrades in the store. That was a shitty add.

Agreed, unfortunately I don't see it as something we can ever go back on without significant backlash.

• Admin

Fucking hell, my eyes.

I think taking everything said here and filtering through the misunderstandings and other bullshit, I would make the following suggestions.

1. Give people the option of 2 VHL.com articles a week.

2. Anyone on welfare/pension one week can then do a PT for 7 TPE the next.

3. Anyone on welfare/pension for 2-3 weeks gets their max welfare TPE decreased from 4 TPE to 3.

4. Remove welfare/pension upgrades in Player Store.

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

Fucking hell, my eyes.

I think taking everything said here and filtering through the misunderstandings and other bullshit, I would make the following suggestions.

1. Give people the option of 2 VHL.com articles a week.

2. Anyone on welfare/pension one week can then do a PT for 7 TPE the next.

3. Anyone on welfare/pension for 2-3 weeks gets their max welfare TPE decreased from 4 TPE to 3.

4. Remove welfare/pension upgrades in Player Store.

5. ban @Phil