Titans Over the Cap

JardyB10

18 minutes ago, CoachReilly said:

smh. what a season for the front office. #FeelTheBern

GM issue, not really a front office issue.

1 hour ago, boubabi said:

wat

you said munk's player couldn't go into the vhlm for the same reason

Munk had well over 200 TPE in unclaimed point tasks before the pre-season (more specifically, the VHLM TPE cutoff date). DGFX's welfare from this week would put him over 200 TPE. Except he was also sent down this week, so that's fine as far as I'm concerned. I don't see the difference between Draper sending Cole down on a Monday a few days before in the week he claimed welfare, and his sending him down on a Sunday a few days after in the week he claimed welfare. It's the same logic we use for deadlines in re-creating, salary and TPE cutoffs, etc. If he was here right now I could ask him to repost his welfare claim right now to make it feel better, but I don't see the need to nitpick.

And even if it was "too late" as far as PT weeks go, he would still have the option of sacrificing the 4 TPE to stay down since it hasn't been officially updated yet, as Munk would have if he was around to sacrifice it, which I'm sure I went over.

21 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

GM issue, not really a front office issue.

Munk had well over 200 TPE in unclaimed point tasks before the pre-season (more specifically, the VHLM TPE cutoff date). DGFX's welfare from this week would put him over 200 TPE. Except he was also sent down this week, so that's fine as far as I'm concerned. I don't see the difference between Draper sending Cole down on a Monday a few days before in the week he claimed welfare, and his sending him down on a Sunday a few days after in the week he claimed welfare. It's the same logic we use for deadlines in re-creating, salary and TPE cutoffs, etc. If he was here right now I could ask him to repost his welfare claim right now to make it feel better, but I don't see the need to nitpick.

And even if it was "too late" as far as PT weeks go, he would still have the option of sacrificing the 4 TPE to stay down since it hasn't been officially updated yet, as Munk would have if he was around to sacrifice it, which I'm sure I went over.

216 tpe, get it right..

Also nice to know you all think of me when I'm not around.

Edited by Munk

1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Mistakes happen, graper wasn't trying to cheat and technically shouldn't even be penalized because he shouldn't even have had the player?

Getting technical, maybe. But I'm learning now that apparently there's multiple GMs who haven't bothered to get their rookies to officially sign, so it's kind of fuzzy. I think that's something that needs to be addressed for this off-season at any rate.

• Senior Admin
13 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Getting technical, maybe. But I'm learning now that apparently there's multiple GMs who haven't bothered to get their rookies to officially sign, so it's kind of fuzzy. I think that's something that needs to be addressed for this off-season at any rate.

There certainly should be a conversation about it, but I think my opinion right now is that it doesn't need to change.

During the off-season, rookies from the draft have only a few days at most to accept their rookie offers before the season starts. Obviously inactives are auto-accepted either way, but with the amount of semi-actives around these days  I would guess that, if we forced every person who wasn't technically inactive to accept their draftee offer, we'd end up many RFA's that in many (if not most) cases aren't even holding out intentionally. I don't think it's necessarily the GM's not bothering to do it either, the contract always has to be posted and I know I for one came to an agreement with DGFX in a PM and sent him the link when it was posted. 

If someone really doesn't want to play for the team that drafted them, I'm sure they would speak up. I'll try to look into it and see just how often it's been happening, but I would definitely say it's been very common over the past several seasons. One possible solution would be to treat anyone who doesn't accept their offers like we would if they were an inactive FA - 1 season at a time so that power is in the hands of the player if they just happened to miss the off-season or whatever. 

• Senior Admin
15 hours ago, gorlab said:

:cig:

this is shades of s45/46 when higgins ninja edited his salary

i will take full blame and as punishment i will be suspended with tpe pay, retroactively.

Likewise, I'll be forfeiting two weeks of Commish pay for allowing the season start with a team over the cap.  

21 hours ago, gorlab said:

:cig:

this is shades of s45/46 when higgins ninja edited his salary

i will take full blame and as punishment i will be suspended with tpe pay, retroactively.

Acts like a thug, pulls a bitch move.

14 minutes ago, Jala said:

Wasn't Romanes BoD here for a while? I don't get why the SHL jokes are being directed at him.

He's a good guy, the only reason I used his name was because he used to post up the punishment stuff in the SHL, nothing was meant by it :) 

GOD JALA LEARN TO TAKE A JOKE MAN

Just sayin', if you don't agree with the SHL DC policies, that's cool. I just don't think it needs to be directed at one person, especially someone who was a GM and BoD here. Even if you guys are joking. I feel like it would be easier to understand that it was a joke if there wasn't someone directly targeted by it, as I couldn't tell that you guys weren't singling out Romanes on purpose.

I don't think it was anyone other than me who mentioned him so I'll take the flack for this one. I get what you're saying but like I said it wasn't meant as any kind of personal comment about the guy, rather just a joke that only involved him because he used to make the announcements. He's a guy I respect and I would hope that no one actually thought I was trying to talk shit about him but point taken

Edited by Daniel

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't think it was anyone other than me who mentioned him so I'll take the flack for this one. I get what you're saying but like I said it wasn't meant as any kind of personal comment about the guy, rather just a joke that only involved him because he used to make the announcements. He's a guy I respect and I would hope that no one actually thought I was trying to talk shit about him but point taken

I didn't know what to make of it, so that's why I said something. You're not the only one and yours was what I assumed was a joke, but Kendrick's comment clearly was not.

Didn't mean to sober this up so much lol.

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

I really liked RED, it's a shame he converted.

He was gone for a while on SHL too, he just recently came back.