Titans Over the Cap

JardyB10

• Senior Admin
16 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

As for @DGFX. technically being a RFA performing a holdout, that is actually correct (Although I don't think the rules are that vague on that. Just where you need to accept, I suppose). So I suppose in that case, the Titans WEREN'T over the cap, they just had an illegal player on their roster. Either way, fuck them.

DGFX and I have talked quite a bit and we did agree on a contract in the off-season - I guess he just never got around to officially accepting it, but he definitely wasn't holding out or anything like that. 

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

As if, RED is one of the leagues biggest dumpster fires. It's why the SHL's DC sucks.

thats the joke...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................kendrick you suck..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I also agree that the punishment should be at least a 2nd round pick. Whether or not Gorlab made a mistake, I'd argue that GMs should be on top of their cap/roster situation as well. I don't believe that Draper acted maliciously, but taking away a 3rd is basically nothing.

1 minute ago, Draper said:

DGFX and I have talked quite a bit and we did agree on a contract in the off-season - I guess he just never got around to officially accepting it, but he definitely wasn't holding out or anything like that. 

If he didn't post it publicly, then he never officially accepted it though.

• Senior Admin
5 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

If he didn't post it publicly, then he never officially accepted it though.

I'm pretty sure there are loads of instances where rookies don't 'officially' accept their rookie contracts and they go through anyways. I was always under the impression that unless they're openly rejecting it, rookie contracts from the draft are auto-accepted. 

9 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Cole had applied 175 TPE, like other VHLM players as soon as they did that he was not set to return to the VHLM at any point (as stated to me by Jardy himself) and Smarch last season.

I don't know if I'm reading this correctly, but since he's not above 200 TPE yet (although, his as yet un-updated post would), I don't see anything wrong with him unapplying 25ish points from his current attributes and banking them. If I'm not mistaken, the same exception was made for Stockton and Brampton a few seasons back.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Draper said:

I'm pretty sure there are loads of instances where rookies don't 'officially' accept their rookie contracts and they go through anyways. I was always under the impression that unless they're openly rejecting it, rookie contracts from the draft are auto-accepted. 

This is correct, with many precedents.

15 minutes ago, Draper said:

I don't really think there is, honestly. At least there shouldn't be. Only inactives should have their rookie contracts auto-accepted.

Apparently not. Wth, people!? I swear this is very clear in the rules. Apparently it isn't. <_<

18 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

I also agree that the punishment should be at least a 2nd round pick. Whether or not Gorlab made a mistake, I'd argue that GMs should be on top of their cap/roster situation as well. I don't believe that Draper acted maliciously, but taking away a 3rd is basically nothing.

I agree that GMs should be on top of their cap, but if gorlab WAS on top of the finances, Helsinki wouldn't be needing to give up anything. That's where I think intent comes in, and Draper pointing this out to me in the first place is a big part of why I opted for a 3rd instead of a 2nd, particularly in conjunction with the finance error. If it was any other non-Titan, maybe it would have been different. Stripping a 3rd round was meant just as much as what I view as a fair punishment given the circumstances, as it was a warning shot to other GMs.

Edited by JardyB10
Double edit.

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

I don't know if I'm reading this correctly, but since he's not above 200 TPE yet (although, his as yet un-updated post would), I don't see anything wrong with him unapplying 25ish points from his current attributes and banking them. If I'm not mistaken, the same exception was made for Stockton and Brampton a few seasons back.

I was just about to touch on this. It be easy to undo the past updated that sent him past the cap 

1 hour ago, Draper said:

If that was the case, the Bears wouldn't have had to deal with the whole fiasco with Molholt's player when he was drafted there.

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Da Trifecta said:

If that was the case, the Bears wouldn't have had to deal with the whole fiasco with Molholt's player when he was drafted there.

2 hours ago, Draper said:

Yes they would, because he was openly rejecting it.

2 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

He never said, "I reject this contract" or "I am not signing that". Or anything along those lines.

Problem with the Bears one IIRC was that the GM never offered him a contract in the first place until after the season started. Actually checked to make sure Draper had done so for that reason :ph34r:

1 minute ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Problem with the Bears one IIRC was that the GM never offered him a contract in the first place until after the season started. Actually checked to make sure Draper had done so for that reason :ph34r:

I was the Co-GM as stated by Bushito himself and had offered the contract myself.

7 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

I was the Co-GM as stated by Bushito himself and had offered the contract myself.

You did offer a contract, the problem was that your contract offer came after the end of the pre-season, which as stated in the rules, if a draftee hasn't been offered a contract by the end of the preseason, he becomes an unrestricted FA.

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

wat

you said munk's player couldn't go into the vhlm for the same reason

44 minutes ago, boubabi said:

wat

you said munk's player couldn't go into the vhlm for the same reason

^This.

Every year as a VHLM Updater I asked what the rules were, not because I didn't know them but because every year the people in charge changed what they were going to allow or not. It sucks not having a hard rule in place for that.