The More That Changes, The More That Stays the Same

Kendrick

Before it is said by someone else after reading this, the attitude in the article isn't a result of the FA's Cologne hasn't signed this off-season; more of a reflection on Free Agency alone. It seems this year we had a great crop of free agents fill the transactions section and that always raises some excitement in the off-season week(s). Free Agency is not really the front runner in terms of the ways you build your squad, but it can speed up a rebuild or even help a threat stay strong after losing some retirees. The issue this year is that for all the hype it may have gotten, things just somewhat stayed the same. Many free agents re-signed with their previous club and it just means predictions might be easier this year than previous. In Cologne, we didn't really sign anyone but I'm not too surprised because like I mentioned above; things stay the same. As a member who is done with the "loyalty" aspect myself, I understand where some of the Free Agents are coming from but personally I am done with the "I will come to Cologne at some point" comment I've heard 10 or more times in my stint in the VHL. It's fine in reality because I'd rather that member go where they want and have enjoyment in such, but I won't hold my breath if they don't live up to their word. My way of looking at it is if you are able to say you want to play in a place or play with someone but not at this moment, please don't be the one to approach me if I become a free agent. All the best to each free agent and to anyone else that signed before free agency even began. Also a shoutout to the draftees making their VHL debuts this year, the VHLSC Rankings return Monday!

I wish free agency was a bigger deal in sim leagues but everyone is too loyal. If cash were more important and handed out stingily it might increase the odds of offeseason fun.

I've got your rankings right here:

1) Asher Donovan

2) Who cares?

47 minutes ago, Dangles13 said:

I wish free agency was a bigger deal in sim leagues but everyone is too loyal. If cash were more important and handed out stingily it might increase the odds of offeseason fun.

I've got your rankings right here:

1) Asher Donovan

2) Who cares?

That mentality will help you stay above the sea level all year long!

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

That mentality will help you stay above the sea level all year long!

Well I guess I'll have to keep telling everyone why they suck.:lol:

FA should be a bigger deal. Usually I do a sign and trade, because I think that my GM should get something for me (especially because I've been a top 3 pick overall - i'd feel badly about jumping ship) 

Basically... everyone leave through free agency. The VHL would be way cooler. 

Also, I don't really have a point... I just posted here because boubabi told me to spam everywhere.

Although I already did that... soo....

yea. hai guys.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, stevo said:

why should i fuck over molholt backwards as the only vhl gm to ever show interest in me?

I mean judging by the S46 draft, I dunno why anyone else would think they'd get you....

except Seattle but they weren't exactly known for their communication back then.

6 hours ago, Victor said:

I mean judging by the S46 draft, I dunno why anyone else would think they'd get you....

except Seattle but they weren't exactly known for their communication back then.

Well NYA drafted DT ahead of me, so there's that... :P

Anyway don't try to interfere my point with logic, k?

12 hours ago, stevo said:

why should i fuck over molholt backwards as the only vhl gm to ever show interest in me?

Woah! I showed interest in you back in the day you gypsy.