Two Players Proposal

Will

Two Players Proposal  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

the VHL as it stands currently has tons of exploitable rules that operate on a good faith basis that see punishment if abused regularly. 

like award voting AM I RIGHT

• Admin

Good that you tagged me. I hadn't seen this and I'm 110% for it. I see it benefiting the VHLM and VHL largely in terms of activity and competitiveness. Having 2 players would allow us to stay in juniors to help the new members and have things so much more active and interesting there, while it opens the doors to possible expansion one day in the VHL, ORm stronger, more depthed teams in the VHL. Would be fun to have 2-3 lines or a full team of lines to do, yeah know?

4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Good that you tagged me. I hadn't seen this and I'm 110% for it. I see it benefiting the VHLM and VHL largely in terms of activity and competitiveness. Having 2 players would allow us to stay in juniors to help the new members and have things so much more active and interesting there, while it opens the doors to possible expansion one day in the VHL, ORm stronger, more depthed teams in the VHL. Would be fun to have 2-3 lines or a full team of lines to do, yeah know?

You would see expansion before you saw 3 line teams. Our salary cap is built around 2 line teams with the current update scale.

Just now, flyersfan1493 said:

You would see expansion before you saw 3 line teams. Our salary cap is built around 2 line teams with the current update scale.

With giving the opportunity to everyone of having an additional player, it only makes sense to lift the cap to the point that teams are able to sustain at least 2 lines. Currently, we can realistically do 1 line of full players. You either have 2 forward lines, 1 D pair and a goalie or 1 forward, 2 D pair and a goalie. Would be nice to have 2 of each, you know? And if we're currently rolling at 1 line and doubling the amount of players, we'd need to look into the cap and see what to do. Maybe a 6 M increase imo but that will be largely up for debate imo.

36-40 M cap imo. 

17 minutes ago, Banackock said:

With giving the opportunity to everyone of having an additional player, it only makes sense to lift the cap to the point that teams are able to sustain at least 2 lines. Currently, we can realistically do 1 line of full players. You either have 2 forward lines, 1 D pair and a goalie or 1 forward, 2 D pair and a goalie. Would be nice to have 2 of each, you know? And if we're currently rolling at 1 line and doubling the amount of players, we'd need to look into the cap and see what to do. Maybe a 6 M increase imo but that will be largely up for debate imo.

36-40 M cap imo. 

The majority of Continental Cup winning teams have close to 6F 4D 1G. A couple have 6F 3D 1G, while very few have 5F 3D 1G. Source.

6 hours ago, Banackock said:

36-40 M cap imo. 

I agree, hockey teams have 12 F, 6 D and 2 G. You introduce two players and you can increase roster sizes and at least bring it to having each team be able to run 2 sets of lines. I hear about 'depth' players, but what depth do they bring? Second line isn't really depth lol.

6 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

The majority of Continental Cup winning teams have close to 6F 4D 1G. A couple have 6F 3D 1G, while very few have 5F 3D 1G. Source.

But what about the other teams? Is it basically if you run close to 2 lines you're guaranteed a spot in the finals?

1 hour ago, .sniffuM said:

Hmm I see the VHL can't stack up to the SHL in terms of members and players and draft class size so they need a gimmick to make up for it

:ph34r:

How dare you insult the VHL. The SHL aren't that good. Bunch of rubbish MUFFINS they dug out of the garbage.

Edited by Da Trifecta

• Victor unpinned this topic