Where Are The Feuds At?

Devise

Complain, we all do it. Especially here, on the VHL. This draft isn't active enough, changes aren't happening quick enough, recruitment sucks, we need better retention methods, the VHLM needs work. On and on. I'm guilty for it too. I'm not trying to demean any of the issues we complain about, more so note that so much time has passes with some of these same issues that people have moved on from even thinking they are smart for pointing them out. Now it's just the way of things.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned much regarding sparking activity in the league, rivalries. Where are they at people? Sim leagues in their very nature are all about competition. Sure a big part of the fun is getting on a competitive team, with members and a GM you like, and going for it all. But going for it all and shit talking with another team in your conference or another team trying to do the same can often fill many a game threads up with the type of chatter that keeps aging viewers like myself excited. And it can also be engaging.

So where are they? What are the excuses? I mean jesus how many times does Robbie have to make himself seem like a big deal before someone has enough calls him out and starts some shit that carries over? Your trying to tell me that after all the seasons of Brovy taking abuse as GM for in a lot of cases what amounts to bad luck, despite him doing a solid job, that nobody is on the horn ready to talk shit defending him, especially on Qubec the team always known for trash talking? 

Is it the parity, is that the issue? Are people afraid to talk shit because they don't know for sure if they can back it up, given that there happens to be some pretty talented teams/players across the board, and the lack of pure domination lends itself to people being too afraid to get called out for being wrong, or for talking shit and then not backing it up. But to that I say, grow some balls. Half the fun of talking shit is that someone eventually has to eat crow. Anyway, Avon Barksdale isn't pleased people, seriously.

tumblr_inline_nm0btjEXxI1rgu8or.gif

I'm sorry I harmed the league with my respect to the other teams. :(

Toronto's been on top a couple of seasons, so the rivalries are welcome. It's mostly been Toronto/Quebec rivalry I suppose the past couple though. Either that or New York.

There's also the very very minor rivalry, depending on how serious Stamkos actually is about it, between Muller and Parechkin. I haven't seen him post Muller > Parechkin in awhile though. Figures.

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

I'm sorry I harmed the league with my respect to the other teams. :(

Toronto's been on top a couple of seasons, so the rivalries are welcome. It's mostly been Toronto/Quebec rivalry I suppose the past couple though. Either that or New York.

There's also the very very minor rivalry, depending on how serious Stamkos actually is about it, between Muller and Parechkin. I haven't seen him post Muller > Parechkin in awhile though. Figures.

He did that with Molholt too - but he got tired of getting his head stomped in by both of us, I guess. He also thought Seattle was good :))

Just now, Molholt said:

He did that with Molholt too - but he got tired of getting his head stomped in by both of us, I guess. He also thought Seattle was good :))

I almost feel bad for the haters. You put together a ridiculous team for us.

Parechkin the turning point though

18 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Thank you @stevo and the rest of you scrubs, perhaps there is hope for us yet.

Also once the deadline comes I may just have to amp up the shit talking myself..... ;)

we here for ya fuckface!!

10 minutes ago, KingRobbie said:

You want one? I can start one with one post towards many people. I've had some of the most epic ones in VHL's History. I guess it's on me to save the day and start one

I'm waiting

Wingate's spent his entire career in the North American conference kicking the shit out of New York and Quebec (4-for-4 in reaching the Finals when in the playoffs on Toronto or Calgary, an S45 Game 7 away from winning all those Finals too). Somebody's gotta beat me first to make that rivalry fun.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Wingate's spent his entire career in the North American conference kicking the shit out of New York and Quebec (4-for-4 in reaching the Finals when in the playoffs on Toronto or Calgary, an S45 Game 7 away from winning all those Finals too). Somebody's gotta beat me first to make that rivalry fun.

Your time in Riga was fun.