Another disappointing off-season for Seattle

Beketov

• Admin
1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

Although I will say @Victor this Toronto team really reminds me of those old Bushito days in Davos. A few star D, a few star forward, and a star goalie. Who needs depth? :P Granted it worked for them in 31....against New York in the finals no less. :hmm: 

First person to suggest I am Satan in public.

We've found a way to make it work with a lot of different hurdles. Should we have rebuilt? Maybe. But I aim to please my players, and I wouldn't have a three-peat without @DollarAndADream and @stevo and neither of them wanted to leave or be done with Toronto making crazy runs at it. I'll go down with this ship if it makes my players happy. I've already proven I can rebuild with absolutely zero assets anyway. 

This team is super old and is a long shot for contention, but we will have fun. 

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Good grief the arrogance. I thought Calgary was bad but at least they actually looked like the best team on paper.

SMH NY.

When I say top team I just mean that we could win the cup. I know you think Seattle is shit but I'd call them a top team as well.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Good grief the arrogance. I thought Calgary was bad but at least they actually looked like the best team on paper.

SMH NY.

Arrogance? I simply said I don't think NY is the odd team out in the playoff hunt. Once we get to the playoffs who knows. 

I mean let's remember roster sizes here people. CGY - 4 forwards 2 d with only 3 mill in cap space. Seattle for some reason has 7 forwards and 2 D, with 4.5 Mill in cap space. Toronto has 3 forwards and 3 D and only 3.5 in cap space. NY has 6 forwards and 3 d with 2.25 in cap space. 

Even if you look at total team TPE or TPA, I'd imagine those numbers are pretty close as well. Everyone in the conference has strengths and weaknesses when comparing them to another competing team in the same conference. While the heads up match ups could determine who makes and who doesn't, I think it's more likely that the team that happens to struggle against any European teams at all (which could happen, Jardy is still in Riga, Dadanov in COL) could end up determining the fate.

Although wouldn't it be hilarious if whatever team wins in NA at the end of the playoffs random chokes to whichever Europe team makes it? I don't even know who that will be at this stage tbh. One of Cologne or Riga I'd imagine. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

I mean let's remember roster sizes here people. CGY - 4 forwards 2 d with only 3 mill in cap space. Seattle for some reason has 7 forwards and 2 D, with 4.5 Mill in cap space. Toronto has 3 forwards and 3 D and only 3.5 in cap space. NY has 6 forwards and 3 d with 2.25 in cap space. 

Even if you look at total team TPE or TPA, I'd imagine those numbers are pretty close as well. Everyone in the conference has strengths and weaknesses when comparing them to another competing team in the same conference. While the heads up match ups could determine who makes and who doesn't, I think it's more likely that the team that happens to struggle against any European teams at all (which could happen, Jardy is still in Riga, Dadanov in COL) could end up determining the fate.

Although wouldn't it be hilarious if whatever team wins in NA at the end of the playoffs random chokes to whichever Europe team makes it? I don't even know who that will be at this stage tbh. One of Cologne or Riga I'd imagine. 

Roster numbers were something I debated in the recent Blades of Steel Podcast (the one you don't listen too), and many argue what the perfect lineup looks like number wise. I think people could discuss that until the sun burns out, but everyone has a different take and every Cup winning team is different in that regard.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Roster numbers were something I debated in the recent Blades of Steel Podcast (the one you don't listen too), and many argue what the perfect lineup looks like number wise. I think people could discuss that until the sun burns out, but everyone has a different take and every Cup winning team is different in that regard.

I completely agree with you on that. And that is a lie, I do listen to it I try to listen to most of the casts I just don't always get around to it as soon as others. :P Even the team I mentioned winning the Cup in Season 31 in Davos won with no depth and high star power. If anything I think this makes the season very interesting in the NA conference, because trying to predict which team is on the outs is going to come to preference, schedule, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Even if you look at total team TPE or TPA, I'd imagine those numbers are pretty close as well. Everyone in the conference has strengths and weaknesses

And that's why I personally believe any of these teams could miss the playoffs. It's not all about individual players, it's about how they work together. With four teams having top players, it's hard to predict.

Go take a look at the European Conference in S45.

1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

I completely agree with you on that. And that is a lie, I do listen to it I try to listen to most of the casts I just don't always get around to it as soon as others. :P Even the team I mentioned winning the Cup in Season 31 in Davos won with no depth and high star power. If anything I think this makes the season very interesting in the NA conference, because trying to predict which team is on the outs is going to come to preference, schedule, etc. 

Judging by your inability to return the polite Questions to other Podcasters, I just figured you didn't. In fact tell your entire Podcast squad to get on that horse as well.

All I know is Calgary isn't done (from what I see) and it will be an interesting year for us.

9 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Judging by your inability to return the polite Questions to other Podcasters, I just figured you didn't. In fact tell your entire Podcast squad to get on that horse as well.

All I know is Calgary isn't done (from what I see) and it will be an interesting year for us.

It's my apologies on that front. I've gotten questions on a few other casts from more than you, but sometimes I'm not free when I listen since I often listen on my phone or tablet while occupied doing other things. If that is the case I will end up forgetting. I'll make sure when I listen to this one to directly respond to everything! :P 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

It's my apologies on that front. I've gotten questions on a few other casts from more than you, but sometimes I'm not free when I listen since I often listen on my phone or tablet while occupied doing other things. If that is the case I will end up forgetting. I'll make sure when I listen to this one to directly respond to everything! :P 

I meant in the question thread not the Podcast itself. I see a lot of people send in questions for the Pajodcast but the members of the Pajodcast are too "cool" to do the same to others. Ahem "Chris" ahem.

8 hours ago, Kendrick said:

I meant in the question thread not the Podcast itself. I see a lot of people send in questions for the Pajodcast but the members of the Pajodcast are too "cool" to do the same to others. Ahem "Chris" ahem.

Dont talk about my Oslo Pajodcast like that! or is the the Pajodcast Storm. i can never remember

@Mr. Power @Advantage @Jericho

12 hours ago, Kendrick said:

I dont really ever send in questions just cause I can never think of any. The other two more than make up for that.