Renaming the VHL Trophies

boubabi

If you had to rename the tophies with recent player, who would it be ?

Here's my list

The Scotty Campbell : MVP

The O'Malley. Thomas O'Malley is the closest thing we had since Scotty Campbell, and was arguably the best player in the modern VHL era.

The Brett Slobodzian : Most Outstanding Player

The Chershenko : With Chershenko, Victor changed the TPE whoring business and was definitely, talent wise, the most talented player of his era

The Dainuke Kanou Trophy : Playoff MVP

The Wingate : One could say that he carried the CGY team in S45 and was a major reason of the success in Toronto

Mike Szatkowski trophy : top scorer

The Odin Tordahl : If O'Malley didn't already had his name for Most Outstanding, he would be the logical choice winning it 4 times in a row. Tordahl would be the logical choice after thatm winning the trophy 3 times in a row in his time in NY

Alexander Beketov trophy : Most assists 

The Ryan Sullivan Trophy : Even tho Aksel Thomassen was a top playmaker for a long time, we can' tdeny that Ryan Sullivan, the offensive D, was the quarterback of the Americans for a long time, winning the trophy twice in his career. One of them with an impressive 101 assists.

Kevin Brooks : Goals scoring

The Bruno Wolf trophy. Even though Max Molholt ended his career with an higher amount of goals scored, Bruno Wolf defined his era with his goal scoring ability, racking up to an impressive total of 372 goals and winning the trophy twice in a row in the S41 and S42.

Sterling Labatte : Top Defense 

The Connor Low trophy : The controversial trophy could easily be renamed the Connor Low trophy tomorrow, and no one would argue (except for the old fucks). Winning the trophy 5th times in a row, Low constantly produced and was a safe bet for anyone in the predictions.  

Aidan Shaw : Top Goaltender

The Labatte : Like Tukio and Wingate, Labatte won the trophy with at least 2 different teams. He won the trophy 3 times in a row in S31 through S33. Everytime with a save pct over .930

Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy : Top Rookie

The Sterling trophy : Hard to rename that trophy considering the time limit someone can win this trophy...so I randomly chose Zoidberg (fuck you jala) but I would go with a member instead of a player, for his ability to create dominating rookie. 

Scott Boulet Trophy : top 2 way award

The Lord Karnage trophy : Time for a pat on the back. Karnage ended his career 3rd all time in hits and won the trophy 4 times in a row, and robbed his 5th trophy in S48. Karnage was renowned for his clutch goals and his 2 way (hitting) game, the perfect description of a power forward.

Grimm Jonsson trophy : top leader

The Phil Knight trophy : Do I need to explain this one ?

Mikka Virtanen trophy : Most sportmanlike

The worst VHL's trophy : Yes, I hesitated with the pussy award or thatm so I went with the most logicial. How can we give a trophy for someone not upgrading his checking ? lmao 

Dustin Funk trophy : Most improved

The Devise award : Considering how bad Logan Laich was, TECHNICALLY, he can only improve, so there's that.

fuck the vhlm yo

I'm stealing the leadership reigns from Phil.

Jk Jk.

Name that trophy after him. Fits too well. ;) 

I like the ring of a "Lord Karnage Trophy" too. Kind of has the same ring to it as the NHL's King Clancy, because it sounds of royalty. :lol:

Zach Parechkin Trophy, anyone? :P

I love all of those picks. The Bruno Wolf one makes sense to me too, as I played with him in Quebec with Travis Boychuk. Easily reliable as a goal scorer, at least until the playoffs...but that's not up to debate. I like how a lot of those names aren't dated to me, since I was here in like S36 and they all are familiar for myself.