Game of Thrones

Victor

• Senior Admin
35 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Underrated imo. 

Margaery Duckface still top babe, though. 

Agreed wit underrated, in fact she's top babe in my books. B)

2 hours ago, Victor said:

What happened to making character deaths mean something? Dorne is such a fucking train wreck.

I'm fearful for the Iron Islanders' story arc now.

I know right? Listen, I like Game of Thrones everyone, but this show is kind of coming off the rails a bit. It's staring to turn into "Random Murder Simulator." I'm fine even if these characters die, but half of them are introduced with no rhyme or reason, are given very little screen time and then they get killed and the show presents it all "look at this big death" when in reality...your just like "oh another character I barely saw is dead? Yawn." 

Ned dying in Season 1 mattered and was such a big deal because EVERYONE thought he was the main character. He had purpose, reason, motivations. Now we are just getting death after death after death on characters that people really haven't had an opportunity to care about. I started to notice this last season. I'm worried now without any book storylines to back them up that the show runners really just start getting a little too crazy here. 

Edited by Mr. Power

Also....maybe I'm remembering from Season 1, but the dialogue between the Dothraki's was absolutely awful. Not because it was all sexist and rapey. But because they talked like a bunch of bro dudes at a bar. It's not that they were being objective, it's the terms they used for it. It really felt like they were just a bunch of "dudes" saying typical lines you'd hear in common culture in today's society. Maybe i'm crazy but wouldn't wild people like that have their own ways to describe the way they do shit? As I said I may not be remembering well but I seem to recall the Dothraki in Season 1 speaking less college campus than that. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

Also....maybe I'm remembering from Season 1, but the dialogue between the Dothraki's was absolutely awful. Not because it was all sexist and rapey. But because they talked like a bunch of bro dudes at a bar. It's not that they were being objective, it's the terms they used for it. It really felt like they were just a bunch of "dudes" saying typical lines you'd hear in common culture in today's society. Maybe i'm crazy but wouldn't wild people like that have their own ways to describe the way they do shit? As I said I may not be remembering well but I seem to recall the Dothraki in Season 1 speaking less college campus than that. 

Yeah that scene was pretty weak script-wise, and I thought the sand snakes scenes were pretty sub-par as well. I especially thought the "greedy bitch" line was out of place.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

I know right? Listen, I like Game of Thrones everyone, but this show is kind of coming off the rails a bit. It's staring to turn into "Random Murder Simulator." I'm fine even if these characters die, but half of them are introduced with no rhyme or reason, are given very little screen time and then they get killed and the show presents it all "look at this big death" when in reality...your just like "oh another character I barely saw is dead? Yawn." 

Ned dying in Season 1 mattered and was such a big deal because EVERYONE thought he was the main character. He had purpose, reason, motivations. Now we are just getting death after death after death on characters that people really haven't had an opportunity to care about. I started to notice this last season. I'm worried now without any book storylines to back them up that the show runners really just start getting a little too crazy here. 

The TV shows could barely keep all the storylines moving/pacing correctly for the content in books 1-3. Now that we're reaching 4-5+, we're seeing more and more that the additional story lines and characters these books bring just aren't going to be able to be correctly portrayed in a TV series. Now that the TV series is having to survive on it's own content and changes to the stories, the cracks are really starting to show.

I know Dorne wasn't exactly the most thrilling story in the books, but at least it made some sense. 

30 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Dorne irked me in phases. Initially because when everyone died, I feel like we really got robbed of the book storyline where

The rest of the episode was great. Everything happening in the north is awesome and I can't wait for more. King's Landing is going to be swell. Arya's looks decent. Even Meereen looks fun. But fucking Dorne better get their shit together. 

Agreed, I don't even know the book storyline but Dorne's plot is garbage, when other characters have died I actually cared but considering King cripple and his son got like 10 minutes of screen time I didn't really care they died. 

Also, we have yet to see the game's biggest player (Littlefinger) this season. I'm sure he will be up to something, remember he said he was going to attack the Boltons with the army of the Veil and Cersei would name him Warden of the North. But, the trailer footage showed a wildling army attacking the Boltons, so I have no idea what Littlefinger will be up to then. Also sidenote, I am happy to see Pod is kind of learning how to fight :3

19 minutes ago, gorlab said:

shit was dope imo but agrd with everyone that the dorne/sandsnakes plot-line is trash

would still pipe down any of the sand snakes tho :cig:

Even Obara?

large5540ee13a0b7f.jpg

• Admin

In other Dorne plotholes, how long does it take to sail from there to King's Landing. Cuz I'm thinking Cersei's speech would be off the mark in a world where bodies actually decay.

Also find it difficult to believe Tyrion could wander around without being recognised.

Otherwise it was pretty swell but I still don't have much faith in the show's writers left on their own.

What was the deal with the Sand Snakes on the boat back to Kings Landing? They were not on the boat when it left the dock in S5 but here in S6E1 they kill Trystane on board. WTF? Has it been explained somewhere, or is it a continuity error or similar?

• Admin
7 hours ago, boom said:

What was the deal with the Sand Snakes on the boat back to Kings Landing? They were not on the boat when it left the dock in S5 but here in S6E1 they kill Trystane on board. WTF? Has it been explained somewhere, or is it a continuity error or similar?

they weren't on the boat, they were just in some palace

I'm pretty sure Tristane was killed on the boat, I feel like they even showed the boat before that interaction began. I think we're supposed to assume that they left on another boat shortly after the Lannisters left, and pirated their way on or whatever. If watch the scene again, you can tell that Tristane looked fairly confused as to why his cousins were on the boat/in his room.

Or it's a continuity error.

On 29/04/2016 at 9:04 PM, Dangles13 said:

Pretty good, but the first one was better.

I'm glad we had enough to discuss that it's now just another day away until episode 2!