What annoys you?

jRuutu

I will share something that has been annoying me lately, you can do the same if you like ;) 

There has been pile of horse poop on middle of the sidewalk for at least 4 months now. I walk past that pile every day. It´s not so bad now, since it´s dry and most of it´s gone, but I must admit that I was annoyed when I saw it for the first time. Why cant the people who ride horses pick the poop up? Huge pile of poop just sitting there. Even more amazing is that when it snows a lot, they clear the sidewalk with heavy machines, but the poop just stays there. 

There was another pile that was clearly bigger not so far away, but the snow with machines cleared it after month or two. I had to make a effort not to step on horse poop on top of avoiding slipping down on the ice on the road. I hate horses and ice that has snow on top of it. 

I am naturally a fast walker because I don't like to waste my time walking from point A to point B, so people who walk slow and block up the whole sidewalk are really annoying. This also goes into driving, as you can probably imagine I hate getting stuck in traffic. 

Also, anything that has to do with non-handicapped people using handicapped things. Obviously if you have a legitimate disability I am all for getting you the help you need. But, you are not more special than anyone else. I don't care that it's cold out for your precious self, don't park in the handicapped parking spot to have a shorter walk into the store. People who push the handicapped button to open the door to my dorm because they are too lazy to pull it themselves, then go on the elevator rather than walking up 1 flight of stairs to get to the second floor. 

Edited by eaglesfan036

2 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I am naturally a fast walker because I don't like to waste my time walking from point A to point B, so people who walk slow and block up the whole sidewalk are really annoying. This also goes into driving, as you can probably imagine I hate getting stuck in traffic.

who likes being stuck in traffic? :lol:

2 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Also, anything that has to do with non-handicapped people using handicapped things. Obviously if you have a legitimate disability I am all for getting you the help you need. But, you are not more special than anyone else. I don't care that it's cold out for your precious self, don't park in the handicapped parking spot to have a shorter walk into the store. People who push the handicapped button to open the door to my dorm because they are too lazy to pull it themselves, then go on the elevator rather than walking up 1 flight of stairs to get to the second floor. 

hey now it's convenient to push that button to open the door when there's a group of people behind you

8 minutes ago, Higgins said:

hey now it's convenient to push that button to open the door when there's a group of people behind you

Or you could just hold the door open like a normal person. There is just something about choosing to use the laziest of all options when the actual act of what you are doing isn't really that hard that I don't get. Like sure, some old lady hits the button because she's weak and fragile. I get it. But a grown healthy regular human being can hold a door open. Until we live in a world where all door are automated Star Trek style, you don't have to be so lazy as to not push and or pull a fucking door. It's as instinctive as breathing it's so easy. 

Just now, Devise said:

Or you could just hold the door open like a normal person. There is just something about choosing to use the laziest of all options when the actual act of what you are doing isn't really that hard that I don't get. Like sure, some old lady hits the button because she's weak and fragile. I get it. But a grown healthy regular human being can hold a door open. Until we live in a world where all door are automated Star Trek style, you don't have to be so lazy as to not push and or pull a fucking door. It's as instinctive as breathing it's so easy. 

It doesn't hurt anyone, it's not the same as taking a parking spot away from someone that needs it. The door has a button that works unlimited times.

Now I actively avoid all doors that don't have buttons, honestly one of my greatest life pro tips for other people.

Just now, Higgins said:

It doesn't hurt anyone, it's not the same as taking a parking spot away from someone that needs it. The door has a button that works unlimited times.

Now I actively avoid all doors that don't have buttons, honestly one of my greatest life pro tips for other people.

Your a monster....truly. 

1 minute ago, Devise said:

Your a monster....truly. 

It's even better when it's really cold out and you press the button. Really let's you stick it to the man by costing the corporation more money to pay for their heating bill, due to all the cold air rushing indoors for 30 seconds.

Just now, Higgins said:

It doesn't hurt anyone

Also yes, it hurts human species status in general. We should all feel shame because people think they are either too good to, or don't see the point in simply using the most basic thing of all time. A door handle. I'm fine if you go through an automated door, obviously it was built for our convenience. But someone SHOULDN'T have to build something to your convenience that the act of opening a fucking door is somehow sacrilege, or not worth your time. 

Entitled generations. World is ending. Or maybe I'm just getting too old and I'm falling out of touch. But fuck that, doors are the most basic of things that have existed for eons of eons. People should know and be comfortable with fucking opening them. Like seriously. It's a door. You open it, you enter. You open it, you exit. IT'S JUST A DOOR! 

• Head Moderator

This specific instance happened to me about 3 weeks ago and like the aforementioned, are one of my few pet peeves.  In short, people don't fucking understand how to walk or drive now because everyone's head is jammed up their iphone's ass.  

At an outdoor mall because I needed some new fucking socks and I'm walking out of a store with 2 doors (cannot stress enough, 2 doors.  not 1, but 2).  The RIGHT door is propped open as I'm walking out, leading me to believe that, based on hundreds of years of America's existence, I have the right of way to fucking walk through that door at whatever goddamn pace I fucking want.  The LEFT door as I'm walking out is 100% sealed shut and is at that moment, parallel with the rest of said storefront.

Almost concurrently, some fucking mexican and her daughter decide that in this very moment, because Trump was elected president, that their vaginas were worth more than my personal existence and were thus eligible to do whatever they fucking want.  They avoid their RIGHT door as they walk IN to the building (this door remains 100% flush with the poor storefront) and figure, "fuck it, we are two sloths who need a break from moral reasoning," leaving them with option Z, 25 letters after logical option A.   Thus, they walk through their LEFT door, with which I am literally in the midst of utilizing to penetrate the storefront with.

So I pick up my pace and cut them off.

Almost instantaneously this fucking freeloader of a maternal figure turns around and yells, "umm excuse me???"  With vocal sigh of stress, yet an internal sigh of joy, I turned around and justifiably explain withholding the anger of 14 DaTrifecta retirements, "that was my door to walk out of, yours is on the other side."  The hot air balloon of ass, merely distraught that someone with a penis would contest her overwhelming BMI, stared for a second, called me an ass and continued to look at clothing she couldn't afford.

Is it Friday yet?