Claimed:Wolfgang and Frank Ep.1

gregreg

• Admin

:ilikethis:

Yay kind words!

GMing is nerve-wrecking. I can only cope with short stints. Off-seasons are hectic.

And awesome knowledge on everything. I mean, there's no reason why you shouldn't be, but you don't post three paragraphs to show off your knowledge on a daily basis so it's never obvious. :P

Also, awesome song editing in the background. Helps that I like the tune.

:ilikethis:

Yay kind words!

GMing is nerve-wrecking. I can only cope with short stints. Off-seasons are hectic.

And awesome knowledge on everything. I mean, there's no reason why you shouldn't be, but you don't post three paragraphs to show off your knowledge on a daily basis so it's never obvious. :P

Also, awesome song editing in the background. Helps that I like the tune.

Pschh. I don't post three paragraph posts as a way to show off. You've heard me communicate in person, I just am a long winded speaker and happen to type fast.

Given this a listen right after I catch up on Blades of Steel. Looking forward to what should be the most elite Podcast in VHL History! :P 

Good listen for the first time back at it. Noticed you guys settled in and got a bit more comfortable as topics started flying off and you went along. 

Regarding the debate about New York beating you guys when you guys could beat Quebec and just how frustrating it is. Yeah it is frustrating but the thing is teams like Riga and New York despite having some small rosters have players in the key enough positions that they can steal games. They both have goalie who are far better than the CPU counterparts, they both have a line of capable depth forwards and at least one solid D. That is enough that they can take a game or two when you also count in that even some of your own players can struggle or your own goalies can put up a stinker. Quebec lost to Vasteras in a similar fashion. It is just one of the issues right now with league being so tight in terms of teams. Really on Calgary is a team everyone can say for certainty we should beat without much trouble. 

GM's do have it tough though. Huge time commitment if you want to do it right, Greg made a great point about drafting being a huge risk and how FA is relied upon a bit or having to trade. One minor mistake can easily just cost you. I didn't realize Kesler promised he'd test FA after you traded him. That is quite the dick move, but he's just a child so what do you expect?  :P

Lastly, Pajodcast has been clocking in at just over an hour as of late. I'm pretty sure only the grader, Boom, and sometimes STZ listen to the 3 hour ones.  :P

Really good listen guys. Odin is a RW, but C is close enough. I also didn't realize Kesler had that agreement with the Bears. Anyway, you two have a good rapport and it comes across. Will listen every episode for sure.

Context: 3/3 - Nice introductions. I don't really see how what Kesler did was a "dirty" move. Yes, that Reddit thread was...interesting. Lots of new exciting members. Hey, Riga isn't THAT bad. It's not like you lost to Calgary twice or something. I disagree about VHL GMs getting paid, and am still "meh" about the way VHLM GMs are getting paid. Being a GM is all about the prestige and recognition that comes with the position. Hour limit? YES! All in all, a nice "welcome back" podcast. Looking forward to the next editions.

Professionalism: 2/2 - Yup, all good. 

Editing: 1/1 - Music.

Overall: 6/6

• 4 weeks later...