2017 NHL Off-Season

Advantage

3 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Yea especially if it is somewhere between 10 mil a season for the offer sheet. 

Jim Benning do you magic pls for the love of god

4 first rounders from the worst team in the NHL, bye Felicia.

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Canucks aren't the worst team in the NHL, the Avs are and thats not even debatable.

Teams won't offer him 10 Million+, I see the most being a 6.5 Million dollar deal. He was a product of McDavid a bit this season.

I dont see it being out of realm to offer him 8. 10 is a strech however, also he didnt play with Mcdavid outside the PP atleast when i watched

56 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Canucks aren't the worst team in the NHL, the Avs are and thats not even debatable.

Teams won't offer him 10 Million+, I see the most being a 6.5 Million dollar deal. He was a product of McDavid a bit this season.

He is not a product of McDavid at all, and 6.5 is a joke, the Oilers already have offered him more than that. He'll get 8 no problem in RFA. Also Canucks are the worst and even if they are the second worst, who gives a fuck they'll be there for the 4 years worth of firsts at least.

Edited by Bushitroll

@Bushitroll

Canucks definitely aren't the worst. There are easily worse off teams. I see them doing a little better than last season, even without Ryan Miller. Although, I kind of hope it's another bottom feeder season with a high draft pick, and hopefully a lottery one. Please don't do any better than 25th in the league. :lol:

Cool to see guys like Zack Kassian and Jordan Schroeder re-signing with their respective teams. Although Schroeder never actually played for Columbus yet, they just have his rights so "re-signing" with them is just the wording.

I remember when Canucks message boards were saying Jensen/Schroeder/Kassian was the next Naslund/Morrison/Bertuzzi. Fucking Canucks fans sometimes.

Schroeder's highest point season was last season with 13 points in 37 games with Minny last season.

Jensen's highest point season was 6 points in 17 games with the Canucks in 2014.

Kassian's highest point season was 29 points in 73 games with the Canucks in 2014.

It's nice to see Kass have a resurgence on the Oilers team.

Fuck, the Canucks drafted horribly before Benning came around......

Horvat was obviously a great selection, although at the cost of Cory Schneider.

Shinkaruk was drafted in the same year as Horvat, has only played in 15 NHL games, and now plays for Calgary's AHL team.

Brendan Gaunce was a 26th overall selection and has had 6 points in 77 NHL games so far....although has come around the past season or so. Finally.

Jensen was 29th overall, and I talked about him earlier. He's Rangers property now.

Schroeder was a 22nd overall pick, and is a Columbus player now. Talked about him earlier too.

Cody Hodgson was 10th overall in 2008. Everyone raved about him even outside of the Canucks org. He had back issues though, with a couple of decent seasons, but ultimately went on to do jack shit, fell out of favour in Buffalo, then Nashville, and now works with Nashville's brass. At least the last I checked.

Patrick White was 25th overall in 2007, and was an off the board pick to everyone. He never played an NHL game. Although his rights were used to go to San Jose in exchange for Christian Ehrhoff, who became a backbone of Vancouver's defense during the 2011 run.

I don't expect many to read this, I was mostly just writing it out because I found it interesting myself.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Bushitroll

Canucks definitely aren't the worst. There are easily worse off teams. I see them doing a little better than last season, even without Ryan Miller. Although, I kind of hope it's another bottom feeder season with a high draft pick, and hopefully a lottery one. Please don't do any better than 25th in the league. :lol:

Cool to see guys like Zack Kassian and Jordan Schroeder re-signing with their respective teams. Although Schroeder never actually played for Columbus yet, they just have his rights so "re-signing" with them is just the wording.

I remember when Canucks message boards were saying Jensen/Schroeder/Kassian was the next Naslund/Morrison/Bertuzzi. Fucking Canucks fans sometimes.

Schroeder's highest point season was last season with 13 points in 37 games with Minny last season.

Jensen's highest point season was 6 points in 17 games with the Canucks in 2014.

Kassian's highest point season was 29 points in 73 games with the Canucks in 2014.

It's nice to see Kass have a resurgence on the Oilers team.

Fuck, the Canucks drafted horribly before Benning came around......

Horvat was obviously a great selection, although at the cost of Cory Schneider.

Shinkaruk was drafted in the same year as Horvat, has only played in 15 NHL games, and now plays for Calgary's AHL team.

Brendan Gaunce was a 26th overall selection and has had 6 points in 77 NHL games so far....although has come around the past season or so. Finally.

Jensen was 29th overall, and I talked about him earlier. He's Rangers property now.

Schroeder was a 22nd overall pick, and is a Columbus player now. Talked about him earlier too.

Cody Hodgson was 10th overall in 2008. Everyone raved about him even outside of the Canucks org. He had back issues though, with a couple of decent seasons, but ultimately went on to do jack shit, fell out of favour in Buffalo, then Nashville, and now works with Nashville's brass. At least the last I checked.

Patrick White was 25th overall in 2007, and was an off the board pick to everyone. He never played an NHL game. Although his rights were used to go to San Jose in exchange for Christian Ehrhoff, who became a backbone of Vancouver's defense during the 2011 run.

I don't expect many to read this, I was mostly just writing it out because I found it interesting myself.

canucks really have sucked at drafted in the 1st round in recent seasons. Jake Virtanen over William Nylander. RIP

3 hours ago, Bushitroll said:

He is not a product of McDavid at all, and 6.5 is a joke, the Oilers already have offered him more than that. He'll get 8 no problem in RFA. Also Canucks are the worst and even if they are the second worst, who gives a fuck they'll be there for the 4 years worth of firsts at least.

Even my Devils are worse than the Canucks. The Devils literally have maybe 3 prospects worth talking about and sadly one of them is in goal, which are set for the next 5-6 seasons as least.

I think he is worth more than 6.5 as well, but knowing they don't have to offer him a huge contract to get him might entice a team more. I don't think Canucks are in a position to offer any player a large contract offer sheet. However their drafting is pretty bad, they might be best to do it haha

Just for the record Leon Draisaitl & Patrick Maroon were Connor McDavid's linemates for 41.28% of the times he was out there. That is the largest percentage of teammates he had one the ice with him all of last season. I am not saying Draisaitl is a bad player (I love him) but I am saying that a lot of his points came from McDavid's goals. So you do have to be a GM in that situation and say that in negotiations, he gained a lot of points by being McDavid's linemate.

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Just for the record Leon Draisaitl & Patrick Maroon were Connor McDavid's linemates for 41.28% of the times he was out there. That is the largest percentage of teammates he had one the ice with him all of last season. I am not saying Draisaitl is a bad player (I love him) but I am saying that a lot of his points came from McDavid's goals. So you do have to be a GM in that situation and say that in negotiations, he gained a lot of points by being McDavid's linemate.

two seasons ago too, he proved he can play without McDavid when he was out with that broken collarbone. 

i love my boy drat. still have my signed Kelowna Rockets jersey of him. 

9 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

canucks really have sucked at drafted in the 1st round in recent seasons. Jake Virtanen over William Nylander. RIP

I'm still holding out on that one. Obviously, Jake has been nothing compared to Nylander so far....but they're both still young. Virtanen had a pretty big workout plan last season and he got better in Utica as the season went on, and he's gotten more muscular this off-season. He's not a chubby kid now.

Although, if he doesn't play well out of training camp, I'm giving up on him. :lol:

18 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Think Draisaitl is better than you're giving him credit for. Not sure the Oilers could do it from a PR standpoint, but I think you could make a legitimate argument to move Draisaitl in a hockey trade in order to not tie up so much of your cap in two players. Would obviously have to be the "right" trade though.

Also, who is the goalie you were talking about, Blackwood? You think Hischier makes the team this year?

36 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Wat

But in all actuality, is @eaglesfan036 wrong? I think Giroux has the skillset, especially when on to be a top center in the NHL. That said center strength is really, really strong right now. Put him on a lot of rosters, I don't know, maybe he sits as 2C. 

7 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Think Draisaitl is better than you're giving him credit for. Not sure the Oilers could do it from a PR standpoint, but I think you could make a legitimate argument to move Draisaitl in a hockey trade in order to not tie up so much of your cap in two players. Would obviously have to be the "right" trade though.

Also, who is the goalie you were talking about, Blackwood? You think Hischier makes the team this year?

Blackwood is the one I'm talking about. I actually think he'll be pretty good in the NHL, but goalies take longer.

Giroux's 5v5 play has really regressed. He was never a big player, but now he's lost some of his speed already and it's only going to get worse. He's still a good powerplay quarterback (though he misses way to many shots wide, giving the defense a free clear), but usually gets owned by the top flight centers in 5v5. Still a great player, just not 1C worthy. 

Sounds like Sharks offered Marleau up from a  1 yr to 1 yr deal... but the damage has been done.

He's been spotted on flights to southern Cali.. bro I swear if he signs with the Kings ... cmon