2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

30 minutes ago, Boragina said:

@boubabi @Tyler

Is it possible for MTL to just fold the rest of the season?

This game is brutal just have it on as background noise

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

I've been playing this since about November lol. I can't wait for the draft man such a great excuse to get liquored when you miss all the PO drinking since your team is out. 2016 got blackout, last year not so much. If we get the very top pick it will all be worth it

4 minutes ago, Tyler said:

just did it and got mtl 1, ottawa 2 and chicago 3.

Imagine the Dahlin Matthews battles for the nest decade 

we'd probably just trade away Dahlin for some french kid. with like, 1/2 the talent. 

Also, i remember reading a bit back that we almost traded Subban for Tanev, Horvat and VANs first. But didn't do it cuz Dubois was off the board. 

if bergevin and the management were hellbent on trading Subban, why the fuck wasn't that deal taken.

Edited by Boragina

3 minutes ago, Boragina said:

we'd probably just trade away Dahlin for some french kid. with like, 1/2 the talent. 

Also, i remember reading a bit back that we almost traded Subban for Tanev, Horvat and VANs first. But didn't do it cuz Dubois was off the board. 

if bergevin and the management were hellbent on trading Subban, why the fuck wasn't that deal taken.

Well it would have been Subban + 9th overall for that I assume

9 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Habs games are just background noise for me this season. Rip

At least galchenyuk has been decent recently

the game against nashville was really good every road game feels like a loss from the start lol

13 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Well it would have been Subban + 9th overall for that I assume

Horvat, Tanev and one of Juolevi, Tkachuk, Nylander, or Keller would be doing us a lot better than what is now Weber and Drouin. 

Edited by Boragina

Just now, Kendrick said:

Wasn't Drouin supposed to be the saviour??

Only cuz of the french canadian thing. I do like Drouin. Do i think hes a franchise savior? no.

I still dont completely hate the trade. Put Serg back on Montreals blueline and he doesnt have nearly half the success he's had in tampa.

1 minute ago, Boragina said:

Only cuz of the french canadian thing. I do like Drouin. Do i think hes a franchise savior? no.

I still dont completely hate the trade. Put Serg back on Montreals blueline and he doesnt have nearly half the success he's had in tampa.

Oh for sure, I think his production is obviously boosted because of the talent down there. I don't think it was the wrong trade, but Drouin has been used improperly 

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Oh for sure, I think his production is obviously boosted because of the talent down there. I don't think it was the wrong trade, but Drouin has been used improperly 

well of course he has. He can't play center. No one on this team can. We've lacked a true proper top center for years. Probably longer than a decade.

8 minutes ago, Boragina said:

well of course he has. He can't play center. No one on this team can. We've lacked a true proper top center for years. Probably longer than a decade.

It certainly has been a while. Need some mobile defensemen as well

5 hours ago, Boragina said:

I don't know how much I like that trade. Obviously Vancouver needs a player like Subban bad, but I just love Horvat. He is the heart and soul of the team. Also at the time, Canucks didn't have a guy like Pettersson in the pipeline, so losing a center like Horvat would have been costly. 

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

I don't know how much I like that trade. Obviously Vancouver needs a player like Subban bad, but I just love Horvat. He is the heart and soul of the team. Also at the time, Canucks didn't have a guy like Pettersson in the pipeline, so losing a center like Horvat would have been costly. 

It was one of the deals that I read about and thought: "sign the papers yesterday"

Even if Horvat didn't develop the way he has, and he ended up being just a second liner, thats more than Montreal can say they've had in years.

Its not great from a VAN perspective.

2 hours ago, Boragina said:

It was one of the deals that I read about and thought: "sign the papers yesterday"

Even if Horvat didn't develop the way he has, and he ended up being just a second liner, thats more than Montreal can say they've had in years.

Its not great from a VAN perspective.

Yeah, if they looked at it now, Vancouver got kind of fucked. Although, at the time, Vancouver would have been a lot better and Horvat's role was lesser than it is today.

Looking back on it though...Tanev is the Canucks best defenseman, Horvat is the Canucks best all-around player, and whatever that 1st would have became already wound up good.

11 hours ago, Boragina said:

2010 Gomez was a legit top six centre but he fell off after one year

2009 they had Koivu and Lang which meant two legit top six centres until Lang got hurt and the team tanked from there lol

But they haven't had a game changing centre since Damphousse in like 1995 lol

Edited by Tyler