2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

59 minutes ago, boubabi said:

My opinion is that black people are born stupid and the white race shall prevail 

Is that also an opinion that cant be false? Those are my deep believes (sarcasm if kendrick didn't noticed)

The parts of it that have fact basis behind them (IQ test averages, EEG/scans of brain function during activities, all adjusted per race) can be false, but in doing so, they're not opinions, they're statements of value.

The rest of it, as abhorrent of a belief as it is (and I strongly disbelieve it, of course), technically isn't false because again it's an opinion.

51 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

You can't prove the world ISN'T flat without putting a lot of assumptions into play.

We've flown around it in every conceivable direction. If it was flat, a lot of those planes would have crashed or not gotten to their destinations. Wind patterns, storms, earthquakes/fault lines, all based on the magnetic field created by a round earth with poles. I can't believe I'm actually having to sit here and explain why we know the earth is round, this isn't the 1500s, Galileo has been born and died.

1 hour ago, boubabi said:

My opinion is that black people are born stupid and the white race shall prevail 

Is that also an opinion that cant be false? Those are my deep believes (sarcasm if kendrick didn't noticed)

*notice.

7 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

We've flown around it in every conceivable direction. If it was flat, a lot of those planes would have crashed or not gotten to their destinations. Wind patterns, storms, earthquakes/fault lines, all based on the magnetic field created by a round earth with poles. I can't believe I'm actually having to sit here and explain why we know the earth is round, this isn't the 1500s, Galileo has been born and died.

But can Galileo explain that on a cold rainy night in Stoke?

13 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

The parts of it that have fact basis behind them (IQ test averages, EEG/scans of brain function during activities, all adjusted per race) can be false, but in doing so, they're not opinions, they're statements of value.

The rest of it, as abhorrent of a belief as it is (and I strongly disbelieve it, of course), technically isn't false because again it's an opinion.

Fact basis that have little to no context behind it. I have no idea how you can say those are statement of values. Is being stupid a value ?

1 hour ago, boubabi said:

The BoG is free to remove me from the group if they arent happy on how Im supposed to represent the site

Flash News : I'm still in the bog

:srogen:

12 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Fact basis that have little to no context behind it. I have no idea how you can say those are statement of values. Is being stupid a value ?

No, that's just what they're called. When a statement is made that can be proven true or false, it's a statement of value. That doesn't have anything to do with having a value.

13 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Not bait, but if you are trying to slander someone; try to do it correctly.

Bash on my second language more please

That brought nothing to the discussion, you are just a cancer to the discussion

Just now, diamond_ace said:

No, that's just what they're called. When a statement is made that can be proven true or false, it's a statement of value. That doesn't have anything to do with having a value.

Alright then, fong had a wrong statement of value

Is that alright for you?

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Alright then, fong had a wrong statement of value

Is that alright for you?

Fong's statement wasn't something that can be verified by facts. He thinks Drouin has been less good than you do. Stats can support one or the other side of the argument (and as far as I've seen, stats support your side) but it's simply not a factual debate. He didn't say Drouin has had 30 goals when in reality he has 50 (quantifiable and able to be proven). He's judging a player's ability, which is subjective. It must necessarily be subjective or no one would ever argue ratings in NHL video games, as it would be marking the quantifiable, true ability level of a player.

He can think a player is at a certain level. Even if stats tend toward implying said player is better than that, skill levels aren't set in stone. Therefore it's an opinion. Perhaps misguided, but not wrong, as it's not a factual debate.

7 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Bash on my second language more please

That brought nothing to the discussion, you are just a cancer to the discussion

You can dish it out to TFong, but can't take it? Come on now.

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

It would be, if Fong stated a fact incorrectly.

He said he had better analytic, which isn't true at all

and my point wasn't if Drouin was a better winger or center, the whole thing was around that it,s unfair to judge Drouin after 7 games in MTL. That is enough to question the validity of his judgment, which was agreed on 

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Kendrick's baits are as bad as his VHL's playoff records

Not as bad as your VHL GM records though. They aren't baits either. You tried to insult me but you can't even type properly, so unreality what you said was a weak showing.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Not as bad as your VHL GM records though. They aren't baits either. You tried to insult me but you can't even type properly, so unreality what you said was a weak showing.

Speaking of GM'ing , yo udid pretty good in Cologne as well euh ?. I still have 2 top gms award in a short time laps

which isn't the case for you in Cologne. Trying to talk shit ? try again 

Just now, boubabi said:

He said he had better analytic, which isn't true at all

and my point wasn't if Drouin was a better winger or center, the whole thing was around that it,s unfair to judge Drouin after 7 games in MTL. That is enough to question the validity of his judgment, which was agreed on 

Better analytics are quantifiable. That can be wrong, so that particular statement is as you just said, a wrong statement of value.

Judgment is not quantifiable. That can't be wrong and is an opinion.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

weren't you the one crying when you were corrected on the web by saying it was a forum it perfect grammar wasn't necessary ? You must say a lot of thing in a day euh

38 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

That's assuming there aren't magical portals that teleport things from one place to another so something flat can appear to be 3D. Wild assumption, but still an assumption.

Just now, boubabi said:

Speaking of GM'ing , yo udid pretty good in Cologne as well euh ?. I still have 2 top gms award in a short time laps

which isn't the case for you in Cologne. Trying to talk shit ? try again 

How many cups you got again as a GM? I got one Top GM award, which I'd gladly have less than you seeing as I have more Cups. Nice try

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

weren't you the one crying when you were corrected on the web by saying it was a forum it perfect grammar wasn't necessary ? You must say a lot of thing in a day euh

You came after me, ask yourself haha. You got mad, just admit it and now everyone is giving you the business. It's good to see