2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

11 hours ago, boubabi said:

The Mete/Benn - Weber

Davidsson - Petry

Alzner - Benn

duo seems better. I guess Schlemko could be welcomed at some point but hey, The less time Alzner has in the O-Zone, the better.

Amazing how quickly Davidson passed Benn IMO considering how bad Davidson was last year at the end

Alzner is still a fine dman IMO but when he's off he's so bad which is the last thing you want from someone who is meant to be a steady dman

mtl needs to get another LD. They have a lot of winnable games to get back in to it these two weeks. If they can someone get a top 4 LD I think they'll be fine this year. Sucks they won't be bad enough for Dahlin lowkey.

Don't get to see the Kings play often, but is Quick always this much of a dirtbag? In the 2 games against the Leafs this year he's taken probably 10 swings at them, even hacking at Hyman after the game was over last night. #DontBreakOurHyman!

On 2017-11-03 at 8:17 AM, Quik said:

Don't get to see the Kings play often, but is Quick always this much of a dirtbag? In the 2 games against the Leafs this year he's taken probably 10 swings at them, even hacking at Hyman after the game was over last night. #DontBreakOurHyman!

Must have learnt that from Doughty and Brown.

13 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Bo Horvat and Brock Boeser popping off tonight against the Penguins. Boeser hat trick, 4 points, Bo 4 points too. All of that with Crosby and Letang out there against them. Nice to see as a Canucks fan.

Indeed, Boeser is a stud. Dont forget Markstrom and his stellar play though.

So offical trade

To OTT 

Matt Duchene

To NSH 

Kyle Turris who signs 6 years 6mill per.

To COL

Andrew Hammond, 1st OTT, Samuel Girard, Vladislav Kemenev, Shane Bowers, 3rd OTT, 2nd NSH

Actually very good haul for Colorado. Still a team that needs help

Honestly I think it's a pretty good trade for all parties, provided Duchene sticks it out with Ottawa longer term. Granted while he's an upgrade over Turris, I don't really know how big of an upgrade I think that is. Nashville was smart to get involved in this though as Turris fits in great there imo. Colorado got a good haul of picks/players for just Duchene too, so I think it made sense for all parties. 

15 minutes ago, Devise said:

Honestly I think it's a pretty good trade for all parties, provided Duchene sticks it out with Ottawa longer term. Granted while he's an upgrade over Turris, I don't really know how big of an upgrade I think that is. Nashville was smart to get involved in this though as Turris fits in great there imo. Colorado got a good haul of picks/players for just Duchene too, so I think it made sense for all parties. 

IMO Turris is one of the more underrated players in the league, he literally did it all for Ottawa, PK, PP, good face-off guy and could put up points. Duchene is not going to do some of the things Turris has done so well for Ottawa recently but will provide some more offense for them  (though Duchene and Turris have had similar offensive outputs in recent seasons.) But Duchene is 2 years younger and fits a little bit better into there age core, I think its a win-win-win for all teams. Nashville now had a deadly 1-2 punch down the middle that could be one of the best in the league. 

Yeah Turris was a good 2 way center. I feel like Brassard and Turris were both 2 excellents 2nd line center and Duchene gives that top spot a little bit more punch. Dunno how Boucher will like the individual though