2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

11 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

That awkward moment when Toronto realizes that not drafting a stable defensemen is killing their new goalies confidence

Gardiner and Zatzev are just sooo bad when it comes to mistakes. Zaitzev looks like he belongs as a forward 0 idea where to stand in the defensive zone. Gardiner just turns the puck over at the most awkward moments cant handle pressure. Leave Hainsey and Rielly as a solid top 4 guys. Dermont is very good puck mover but he still young and big lapses in his judgment. They need a real 1/2 guy who can really carry the burden 

5 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Haha, I loved that when I was watching. Boyle is a madman. Dude puts his heart and soul out there with toughess, and he fucking loves it!

He was just telling the youngster where its at. That being said Boyle is kind of a softy in fights though. Love him though

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner
14 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Now onto cheering for the Jets and Knights

Well that’s gonna be a potential issue come next round haha.

Also can we talk about the Knights for a minute? Everyone in here predicting SJ made me think I was crazy for putting the Knights and they come out and win 7-0; haven’t lost yet in the playoffs. These guys are fucking nuts.

8 hours ago, Beketov said:

Well that’s gonna be a potential issue come next round haha.

Also can we talk about the Knights for a minute? Everyone in here predicting SJ made me think I was crazy for putting the Knights and they come out and win 7-0; haven’t lost yet in the playoffs. These guys are fucking nuts.

Fleury has been phenomenal. 3 shutouts in 5 games. What a stud.

I still think San Jose takes it....but I'm kind of questioning it. :lol: Somebody has to beat Vegas, they're not supposed to be this good. But I guess when you get a group of guys who all were pushed down the depth chart on other teams, you come out with some sort of success. Then add Fleury and it's game on.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was watching a youtube video of a guy playing NHL 18 franchise mode, and he just looked up Brock Boeser as a potential trade partner. I've seen the name Bo Boeser around here so much that Brock Boeser looked weird to me. The fake guy looked right, the real guy looked wrong.

• Commissioner
31 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Of what's left, I want Vegas to win it, but I really don't think they do. I'd put them as the 3rd most likely to win.

I'm going off the wall, gonna be Vegas vs. the Caps. Everyone has the Lightning but honestly I think the Capitals could finally take it this year. The Pens were always their hurtle. They can get out of their own heads now.

17 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I'm going off the wall, gonna be Vegas vs. the Caps. Everyone has the Lightning but honestly I think the Capitals could finally take it this year. The Pens were always their hurtle. They can get out of their own heads now.

I'm thinking the opposite for the same reason. The Caps are so happy to have beaten the Pens, subconsciously the job is done. They're due for a letdown, because they don't really know where to go from here.

3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

I'm thinking the opposite for the same reason. The Caps are so happy to have beaten the Pens, subconsciously the job is done. They're due for a letdown, because they don't really know where to go from here.

I can attest to this, when the devils beat the rangers in the 2012 eastern conference final, it was so like "YES THIS WAS THE MOMENT" and then they didn't show up for the cup final until game 3.  I have the feeling thats whats gonna happen with the caps... even though I picked them in 7 XD

5 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Of what's left, I want Vegas to win it, but I really don't think they do. I'd put them as the 3rd most likely to win.

Same. To me it goes:

1. TB

2. WIN

3. LV

4. WAS

4 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Same. To me it goes:

1. TB

2. WIN

3. LV

4. WAS

I have 1 and 2 flipped but those two can go in either order really (and they should make an interesting finals series). Rest of it matches exactly