POLL: SBA<->EFL welfare system to VHL

hedgehog337

so?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Affiliation in online community lmao

What it ever did to us. Sim leagues are a small world with the same ol people spread all over different league. People who never heard of VHL and are used to sim league world are little to none.

That whole affiliation thing is overrated and will just make the VHL the side bitch of sim league.

Like 2nd player project, this is just a desperate attempt to make a small group of people "happy" by giving them everything they want.

We already enforced rules to make the point task aspect here easier (longer media spots, welfare, auto 6, huge freedom on sig quality) and now you want to throw that away and just say hey, you dont require to be active here to have a good player so your online league ego can be filled on VHL as well.

This idea/concept, like the 2nd player project, will backlash and give the death blow to what remains of the VHL

Anyway, not like my opinion matters in this time

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

So having only two lines isn't fun.

Then some player having good TPE number is forced playing in the third line. Also no fun.

so... what's better?

You keep working - collecting TPE and waiting your change on the third line. If you are good enough, some team somewhere will have a spot for you on a scoring line if the team you currently are on don´t have that. (Need to more than likely tweak the career length of each player as well if 3rd and 4th line comes into picture)

19 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I should state that the VHL benefits the most out of this affiliation. SBA and EFL are both on an upwards climb with activity and we are being left in the mud.

Sure, but those 2 are also for different sports. Traditionally speaking, you need more players on a hockey team than you do on a basketball team.  For example, not every team on SBA even has six active players on their lineups.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Sure, but those 2 are also for different sports. Traditionally speaking, you need more players on a hockey team than you do on a basketball team.  For example, not every team on SBA even has six active players on their lineups.

So what you're saying is we need more players for our lines right?

Well here is the chance to get some.

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

You keep working - collecting TPE and waiting your change on the third line. If you are good enough, some team somewhere will have a spot for you on a scoring line if the team you currently are on don´t have that. (Need to more than likely tweak the career length of each player as well if 3rd and 4th line comes into picture)

I for one wouldn't be happy to see my player on the third line if I want to be active in this league.

It's about to change after the S30 draft. Lupatlasis out now hhh.png

Just now, Kendrick said:

So what you're saying is we need more players for our lines right?

Well here is the chance to get some.

No matter what happens, this league will keep the 2 line per team system on. Even if 50 people joined, VHL will much rather add 10 teams than have players be on the third line, so VHL is not benefitting from this idea as much as it could,  because the league is handicapping itself by holding on to this silly idea of everybody having to be the top dog right away. Having to play on the third line is the end of the world here.

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Don´t you think it´s kinda bad that leagues with a PT system have to basically pay people to join them? Allowing someone to come in and claim 6 TPE from a PT they did in some other league is exactly that.

Why does it matter? The option for you to do the same thing over there presents itself.

This league is in dire need of more members/activity. The ones who are currently enjoying it and wish for it to excel, should acknowledge that as the priority, rather then focusing on how said members can earn TPE as fair as possible.

While a large portion of the member base as is consists of longtime members and recreates, the only way the league will ever grow is if we prioritize adding new members, rather then retaining old ones. If that means succumbing to the idea of new members not having to do as much work to make a good player, so be it.

First, we need to get the member base to ensure that the league has enough activity to last, then, we can focus on what improves the experience of the current members.

6 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I for one wouldn't be happy to see my player on the third line if I want to be active in this league.

It's about to change after the S30 draft. Lupatlasis out now hhh.png

You would not be on the third line for all of your career if you are active though?

Lupatlasis alone might not be enough :th_clooney:

No matter what happens, this league will keep the 2 line per team system on. Even if 50 people joined, VHL will much rather add 10 teams than have players be on the third line, so VHL is not benefitting from this idea as much as it could,  because the league is handicapping itself by holding on to this silly idea of everybody having to be the top dog right away. Having to play on the third line is the end of the world here.

So if this idea isn't a good idea from what you said. What is your resolution to finding more members? As the Recruitment Leader I'm sure @KGR @Beaviss @bgreene21 and I would love to have your ideas for ways to bring in people interested in Sim Leagues.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

because the league is handicapping itself by holding on to this silly idea of everybody having to be the top dog right away. Having to play on the third line is the end of the world here.

Yes, because being a top dog is more fun than wasting 2-3 seasons of being a mediocre third liner despite having a decent amount of TPE.

Lupatlasis alone might not be enough

BFT out now

Grouillon out now

Freek Vonk out now

and many others along with 2 GM players

I really don't care to have a dog in the fight, because I ultimately don't think it's a big deal either way, and certainly not whatever stake through the heart Boubabi thinks. But if I can play devil's advocate, there are some assertions being made that I'm not quite sure can stand unchecked. Namely:

40 minutes ago, Shaka said:

On the contrary, it has positively impacted both leagues creations, average updates per week and there has been no downtick in point tasks being done.

and

29 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

SBA and EFL are both on an upwards climb with activity and we are being left in the mud.

1 minute ago, philthethrill81 said:

Why does it matter? The option for you to do the same thing over there presents itself.

This league is in dire need of more members/activity. The ones who are currently enjoying it and wish for it to excel, should acknowledge that as the priority, rather then focusing on how said members can earn TPE as fair as possible.

While a large portion of the member base as is consists of longtime members and recreates, the only way the league will ever grow is if we prioritize adding new members, rather then retaining old ones. If that means succumbing to the idea of new members not having to do as much work to make a good player, so be it.

First, we need to get the member base to ensure that the league has enough activity to last, then, we can focus on what improves the experience of the current members.

The whole idea of this place was and hopefully still is : Do the PTs if you want to be a good player. With this new idea: Do the Pt´s here or somewhere else if you want to be a good player. Big difference.

I agree that this league truly needs new players and users, but is this move worth it? Where do you go from there? What happens if lets say 8 season from now this new system needs to be removed for whatever reason and we go back to PT´s done here only gets you the tpe?  What will happen to this league?

14 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

So if this idea isn't a good idea from what you said. What is your resolution to finding more members? As the Recruitment Leader I'm sure @KGR @Beaviss @bgreene21 and I would love to have your ideas for ways to bring in people interested in Sim Leagues.

Well since we have this 2 line in each team league going on, recruiting from hockey sites, forums etc might not be a good idea. Fair to assume people who follow hockey can be found from those places and I´m willing to bet quite few still want to see wider rosters with 3 or 4 lines and a true start from bottom and make it to the top feeling, getting to the 2nd line this easily is not good enough. Scoring a lot of points this easily is not good enough.

Of course the welfare system, I don´t care what veterans here say - being able to claim 4 TPE by writing your name to welfare thread compared to what the new users and active users have to do for 6 TPE is not helping. They see it and they just go do something else with their time,  doing PTs for 6 = 1st line, welfare for 4 = 2nd line with maybe minute or two less playing time = Not a good look.

Comparing this league to basketball or football leagues is simply not a good idea - different sports. What you should do is take a closer look on what other hockey leagues are doing. What got people into those places in the first place is the love to this one game, hockey.  How accurate and realistic experience can you give those users is what keeps them there.

Edited by jRuutu

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Well since we have this 2 line in each team league going on, recruiting from hockey sites, forums etc might not be a good idea. Fair to assume people who follow hockey can be found from those places and I´m willing to bet quite few still want to see wider rosters with 3 or 4 lines and a true start from bottom and make it to the top feeling, getting to the 2nd line this easily is not good enough. Scoring a lot of points this easily is not good enough.

Of course the welfare system, I don´t care what veterans here say - being able to claim 4 TPE by writing your name to welfare thread compared to what the new users and active users have to do for 6 TPE is not helping. They see it and they just go do something else with their time,  doing PTs for 6 = 1st line, welfare for 4 = 2nd line with maybe minute or two less playing time = Not a good look.

Comparing this league to basketball or football leagues is simply not a good idea - different sports. What you should do is take a closer look on what other hockey leagues are doing. What got people into those places in the first place is the love to this one game, hockey.  How accurate and realistic experience can you give those users is what keeps them there.

We've tried to dissect the SHL's recruitment methods but it's mostly because of their reddit and shitstorms that keep people interested.

I think you can compare the leagues regardless of sport because it's sim leagues. The difference between the sports is not the big deal, but the link between sim leagues is. I'm in the SBA because I enjoy sim leagues, not because of the sport. I'm honestly not that big of a Basketball fan.

The whole idea of this place was and hopefully still is : Do the PTs if you want to be a good player. With this new idea: Do the Pt´s here or somewhere else if you want to be a good player. Big difference.

I agree that this league truly needs new players and users, but is this move worth it? Where do you go from there? What happens if lets say 8 season from now this new system needs to be removed for whatever reason and we go back to PT´s done here only gets you the tpe?  What will happen to this league?

That idea has helped this place run for nearly 60 seasons, but we need to be open to change. We won't last if we keep on chugging along as is.

Unless you can come up with some other way to attract new members, 100% it's worth it.  You shouldn't be asking what will happen if we make these changes, as there is no telling what will come of that, but rather what will happen if we don't make this change, or one of equal size.

Just now, Kendrick said:

We've tried to dissect the SHL's recruitment methods but it's mostly because of their reddit and shitstorms that keep people interested.

I think you can compare the leagues regardless of sport because it's sim leagues. The difference between the sports is not the big deal, but the link between sim leagues is. I'm in the SBA because I enjoy sim leagues, not because of the sport. I'm honestly not that big of a Basketball fan.

No I mean what they do in the leagues, what kind PT system they have, can you write articles for money, is there a minimum roster size etc etc

On some level sure, but in the end it comes down to the sport. What works in SBA might not work here. Basketball you can play with smaller roster, hockey not.

No I mean what they do in the leagues, what kind PT system they have, can you write articles for money, is there a minimum roster size etc etc

On some level sure, but in the end it comes down to the sport. What works in SBA might not work here. Basketball you can play with smaller roster, hockey not.

What's wrong with two lines though? Let them all to have reasons to cheer for in stats wise. It's not like we should implement a RL hockey to a virtual sim league lol.

Writing articles for money is an extra step. All that does is make it so your PT gets turned into money which gets turned into a claim for TPE. Why not skip that step and do our system where you claim for your work right away? They also have all 4 lines and I went inactive on the 4th line because I would get 6 minutes a game. If a GM doesnt like you, they can hide you in the lineup.

Incorrect though. What works in the SBA works in the SBA because its a sim leagues foundation, not anything to do with basketball. Actually in the VHL you can play with 6 people, something you can do in the SBA as well.