POLL: SBA<->EFL welfare system to VHL

hedgehog337

so?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, KGR said:

The real problem is that people are lazy as shit and don't want to write anymore.

Yeah, especially when the half of VHL member base are 25+ y.o. people with the RL as the first priority.

6 minutes ago, KGR said:

I mean there are plenty of things that can be done and brought up in a manner that doesn't seem like each and every league is getting lazier and lazier.

By the way, how many PT's we have now?

Media or GFX

Quote or Podcast

VHL fantasy

Special PT's

some job

Boring. That idea about having small extra PT's for extra TPE (couple times per season) is worthy enough to implement. Or bonus TPE to media spot for an event related topic also works.

Edited by hedgehog337

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Which was my point, it wasn't 50/50. If a majority agrees it will most likely get more than one look. You just happen to be the side that disagrees. At the same time though, if we continue on with our current base the way it is, we will shut down. Change is good, something people seem to claim we dont do.

Just because majority agree, does not mean it´s automatically a good idea or something that will save VHL.

Change is always good, but this should be the absolute last thing you guys try. Why not change the PT system and force teams to use 3 lines and see how that goes first?

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I absolutely would like the SHL system to come here,

I'm wondering who's gonna like to work even more harder. Like a member already is doing much things in SHL and then he has to do the same here? I'm sure he'll have a burnout and he will cut the VHL then.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Just because majority agree, does not mean it´s automatically a good idea or something that will save VHL.

Change is always good, but this should be the absolute last thing you guys try. Why not change the PT system and force teams to use 3 lines and see how that goes first?

Cause it wouldn't solve a single thing.

9 minutes ago, KGR said:

The real problem is that people are lazy as shit and don't want to write anymore. That is the real reason for our problem. It's not a member issue but people sign up to these leagues thinking it can be an easy ride. We have seen over the years of what hard work does and how it pays off.

Here is an idea @jRuutu and @hedgehog337. How about instead of trying to get us to adapt that welfare system that you seem to covet so much, why not help find new ways for people to earn TPE that don't involve more laziness? I mean there are plenty of things that can be done and brought up in a manner that doesn't seem like each and every league is getting lazier and lazier. I mean if this is adapted in all PT leagues, what will be the end game? We write 1 article somewhere and suddenly we can claim it as TPE in like multiple leagues? Leagues were built on you actually having to do work. Now all you guys want is a quick "here give me my PT because I did something somewhere else."

We should push for ACTIVITY and not a quick way to earn TPE. That should realistically be the ultimate goal.

I agree, this new idea is not what brings us closer to the ultimate goal. Eventually we have more leagues connected with each other and then we can all wonder why people are not so interested in writing articles to media sections anymore.

10 minutes ago, ADV said:

That's actually the opposite of what Ruutu wants lol.

But either way..we have to adapt with the new generation of sim leaguers...and they are lazy.  Otherwise, we will be left behind.

We can still cater to the more active but catering a little more to those who don't have the time to be as active isn't necessarily a bad thing.

They can still earn TPE from welfare. Maybe boost the weekly amount earned from articles/graphic and other PT's and move welfare up to 3 TPE per week.

1 minute ago, ADV said:

Cause it wouldn't solve a single thing.

How do you know that? If people are not willing to write 500 words or create graphical pieces now, why would they do it in the future? Surely at some point it´s worth to think if the actual PT system is the reason why people wont stick around?

2 minutes ago, ADV said:

If the SHL system comes here..goodbye VHL..that is absolutely assured.

Because it´s easier?  150 words for topic chosen by PT staff = 3 Tpe, weekly prediction for 1 or 2 points, AC for 2 and then training from store for 3 or 5. Then of course the championship week for 12 and other annual prediction task for various amount.

8 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Yeah, especially when the half of VHL member base are 25+ y.o. people with the RL as the first priority.

By the way, how many PT's we have now?

Media or GFX

Quote or Podcast

VHL fantasy

Special PT's

some job

Boring. That idea about having small extra PT's for extra TPE (couple times per season) is worthy enough to implement. Or bonus TPE to media spot for an event related topic also works.

We could bring back seasonal PT's or team PT's. We used to have stuff like that but it literally just stopped being a thing for some weird reason.

7 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Well majority ruling on something also means that more minds think it works. Majority is not a full proof way, but its the best way we have in leagues to decide things. It's like a survey

6 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I'm wondering who's gonna like to work even more harder. Like a member already is doing much things in SHL and then he has to do the same here? I'm sure he'll have a burnout and he will cut the VHL then.

It´s actually a lot harder here. I´m in both leagues, takes me more time to come up with idea for article and then write 500 words than doing the weekly stuff in SHL.

7 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

You are literally asking to get rid of me. Why not just directly say it?

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Well majority ruling on something also means that more minds think it works. Majority is not a full proof way, but its the best way we have in leagues to decide things. It's like a survey

jesus no

why do you think we have commish and BoG lmao 

Edited by boubabi

Just now, KGR said:

We could bring back seasonal PT's or team PT's. We used to have stuff like that but it literally just stopped being a thing for some weird reason.

Like I remember when we had the S54 mock draft media spots for additional 3 TPE. The people were legitimately hyped about that so maybe it's time to do the same now.

Just now, Kendrick said:

I agree, hopefully this is truly as good and positive for VHL as you guys think it will be.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

How do you know that? If people are not willing to write 500 words or create graphical pieces now, why would they do it in the future? Surely at some point it´s worth to think if the actual PT system is the reason why people wont stick around?

Because it´s easier?  150 words for topic chosen by PT staff = 3 Tpe, weekly prediction for 1 or 2 points, AC for 2 and then training from store for 3 or 5. Then of course the championship week for 12 and other annual prediction task for various amount.

So essentially you write PT for 3 TPE (which never have discussion in the first place), predictions which doesnt have discussion, AC which doesnt have discussion and Training which also doesn't. So essentially nothing you do weekly for TPE in the SHL sparks discussion? That doesn't strike me as a step in the right direction.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Like I remember when we had the S54 mock draft media spots for additional 3 TPE. The people were legitimately hyped about that so maybe it's time to do the same now.

ayyeee someone with the right mindset

what a rare breed of people 

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

It´s actually a lot harder here. I´m in both leagues, takes me more time to come up with idea for article and then write 500 words than doing the weekly stuff in SHL.

Idk, I was burn out of SHL real quick, didn't even hit 1000 TPE there and I lost a motivation because I'm not that of a person.

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

The average sim leaguer is the reason nowadays.  A lot of us are older and have other priorities that don't allow us to do PT's so it gives us a way to remain competitive while enjoying our time in the league.

The SHL system in terms of writing for money is a death sentence for this league.  Why? Because if we wanted it, most of us would be there.  It would be an absolute death sentence.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

jesus no

why do you think we have commish and BoG lmao 

The best way to decide whether people agree or disagree with a thought? Uh...yeah it is.

If you post a poll saying "Doritos or Lays?" and 40 people vote in favour of Doritos and 4 vote for Lays, thats a clear indication that Doritos is favoured by everyone who voted. That's common sense