POLL: SBA<->EFL welfare system to VHL

hedgehog337

so?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Kendrick said:

So essentially you write PT for 3 TPE (which never have discussion in the first place), predictions which doesnt have discussion, AC which doesnt have discussion and Training which also doesn't. So essentially nothing you do weekly for TPE in the SHL sparks discussion? That doesn't strike me as a step in the right direction.

It´s true, big chunk is just for the TPE in SHL, but the media articles written for money are the ones that usually bring in the discussion and of course the off-topic stuff.

To be fair, the new system is not exactly bringing more activity to the media spot area

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I agree, hopefully this is truly as good and positive for VHL as you guys think it will be.

Well the other side of it just is a downward spiral to keep losing more members though. So I don't think you can really say this will make the league go further in the hole.

Let's not forget that if we adopted the SHL ways of doing things, you'll most likely lose more members (myself included).

Just now, jRuutu said:

It´s true, big chunk is just for the TPE in SHL, but the media articles written for money are the ones that usually bring in the discussion and of course the off-topic stuff.

To be fair, the new system is not exactly bringing more activity to the media spot area

You're right it isn't, but what system do you suggest would? Surely you won't say the SHL system because I just listed what exactly they do and what it doesn't do for discussion.

the number of time kendrick said he would leave the league and didn't

I lost count of it 

those pointless menace based one nothing is pure cancer. 

Edited by boubabi

5 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Idk, I was burn out of SHL real quick, didn't even hit 1000 TPE there and I lost a motivation because I'm not that of a person.

Should have kept going, it´s all about the steady pace!

5 minutes ago, ADV said:

The average sim leaguer is the reason nowadays.  A lot of us are older and have other priorities that don't allow us to do PT's so it gives us a way to remain competitive while enjoying our time in the league.

The SHL system in terms of writing for money is a death sentence for this league.  Why? Because if we wanted it, most of us would be there.  It would be an absolute death sentence.

I have written articles in my 3 years over in SHL for maybe 10 times, all of my money comes from the contracts (Always been the minimum btw).

The PTs is how I make my player, it´s a lot easier there than here. For a user who does not have too much time to do PT´s, I would seriously recommend SHL over VHL, simple as that.

Edited by jRuutu

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

the number of time kendrick said he would leave the league and didn't

I lost count of it 

those pointless menace based of nothing is pure cancer. 

Oh you mean how you told @Beketov you'd leave if banned? Yeah sure.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Oh you mean how you told @Beketov you'd leave if banned? Yeah sure.

The problem is, I didn't say leave, and more "I'll drop all my responsibilities with the league", which is the case. I put effort into cornerstone and Ay Ay Ron for a reason, I won't drop this just because the league is run by incompetent people like you 

weren't you supposed to leave the site and your updater job because of me ? Here you are thought 

Edited by boubabi

Remember this topic?

classic. It all started here.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Should have kept going, it´s all about the steady pace!

I have written articles in my 3 years over in SHL for maybe 10 times, all of my money comes from the contracts (Always been the minimum btw).

The PTs is how I make my player, it´s a lot easier there than here. For a user who does not have too much time to do PT´s, I would seriously recomment SHL over VHL, simple as that.

We have two leagues already with the similar system, SHL and NSFL. Whe we need to be the third one?

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Well the other side of it just is a downward spiral to keep losing more members though. So I don't think you can really say this will make the league go further in the hole.

Let's not forget that if we adopted the SHL ways of doing things, you'll most likely lose more members (myself included).

But why would you guys leave if similar system as in SHL is put in place? It would be easier to build a player than now, you already have welfare here. That is even easier than in SHL.

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

You're right it isn't, but what system do you suggest would? Surely you won't say the SHL system because I just listed what exactly they do and what it doesn't do for discussion.

No system like that out there, might as well make the actual PT´s be something that as many people can make as possible. This 500 words written system is not by the looks of it something that not everybody can do.

3 minutes ago, ADV said:

Leave your squabbles elsewhere.

It has no place in this conversation.

Actually, it has a place in this conversation because how people like you still use menaces like : "I'll leave this site if this happens"

this is a bullshit excuse and you use that just to scare people off to get to your point 

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

But why would you guys leave if similar system as in SHL is put in place? It would be easier to build a player than now, you already have welfare here. That is even easier than in SHL.

No system like that out there, might as well make the actual PT´s be something that as many people can make as possible. This 500 words written system is not by the looks of it something that not everybody can do.

Because I dislike the pt's for money stuff.

I don't mind their 5-6 PT's a season to earn extra TPE but ultimately the league just never hooked me and I got burnt out fast there both times I've tried (700 TPEish is what I finished with).

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Actually, it has a place in this conversation because how people like you still use menaces like : "I'll leave this site if this happens"

this is a bullshit excuse and you use that just to scare people off to get to your point 

When did I say Ill leave the site if something happens?

9 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

add this shit to the list 

Just now, boubabi said:

That is me saying the VHL wouldn't be able to compete with SHL's activity.

Why become like them? That just makes us less unique and there is no way we can compete.

I never once said I would leave if it happened but that I don't think the league could handle it cause those who don't like it would leave and I don't see many joining that are new.

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Remember this topic?

classic. It all started here.

We have two leagues already with the similar system, SHL and NSFL. Whe we need to be the third one?

No, but I´ll read it tomorrow!

But we are fighting for the same users as SHL and other hockey leagues, if SHL is able to offer experience that is closer to the real experience of starting from juniors and going to the big league with deeper and wider rosters,  of course people will slowly move towards SHL? Or if they get what they want there, why would they come over to check this place out? Not saying you need to directly copy SHL or any other league, but if the SHL PT system is actually keeping people in the league - something similar could work here?

"why become like them"

isn't that the whole argument of putting this welfare rule ? 

Learning from SHL is a must. Not copying them, learning from them is far different. Not recognizing their strength or flaws is the summun of being stubborn  

Just now, jRuutu said:

No, but I´ll read it tomorrow!

But we are fighting for the same users as SHL and other hockey leagues, if SHL is able to offer experience that is closer to the real experience of starting from juniors and going to the big league with deeper and wider rosters,  of course people will slowly move towards SHL? Or if they get what they want there, why would they come over to check this place out? Not saying you need to directly copy SHL or any other league, but if the SHL PT system is actually keeping people in the league - something similar could work here?

Because their system is the complete opposite of what you've been so heavily against in the past. It's literally the lazy approach and you yourself said you hate the lazy approach.

So basically you want the VHL to become the SHL PT system, you also hate people being lazy. Those two things contradict each other.

3 minutes ago, ADV said:

Because I dislike the pt's for money stuff.

I don't mind their 5-6 PT's a season to earn extra TPE but ultimately the league just never hooked me and I got burnt out fast there both times I've tried (700 TPEish is what I finished with).

Only way you get money is by writing articles, creating graphic stuff or by signing a contract. (Some smaller ways to earn bit more, but those two are clearly the biggest)

For me, the actual PT´s has always been the number one when it comes down to building my player in SHL. Still rolling on with same player that I started over 3 years ago.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Because their system is the complete opposite of what you've been so heavily against in the past. It's literally the lazy approach and you yourself said you hate the lazy approach.

So basically you want the VHL to become the SHL PT system, you also hate people being lazy. Those two things contradict each other.

But it´s not, over here you write your name for 3 or 4 TPE.

Over in SHL you need to write 150 words to get the 3.