POLL: SBA<->EFL welfare system to VHL

hedgehog337

so?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, jRuutu said:

Only way you get money is by writing articles, creating graphic stuff or by signing a contract. (Some smaller ways to earn bit more, but those two are clearly the biggest)

For me, the actual PT´s has always been the number one when it comes down to building my player in SHL. Still rolling on with same player that I started over 3 years ago.

I just mentioned I wrote nothing and was claiming TPE every week from training. I literally never had to check the discussion or media areas.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

No, but I´ll read it tomorrow!

But we are fighting for the same users as SHL and other hockey leagues, if SHL is able to offer experience that is closer to the real experience of starting from juniors and going to the big league with deeper and wider rosters,  of course people will slowly move towards SHL? Or if they get what they want there, why would they come over to check this place out? Not saying you need to directly copy SHL or any other league, but if the SHL PT system is actually keeping people in the league - something similar could work here?

But that requires a change in the player store, cause the current store system isn't working with the SHL PT system.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

"why become like them"

isn't that the whole argument of putting this welfare rule ? 

Learning from SHL is a must. Not copying them, learning from them is far different. Not recognizing their strength or flaws is the summun of being stubborn  

Becoming like the SHL is a little different than SBA/EFL no? For most, there is only one hockey league to be in.  The other 2 bring a different dynamic.

I agree, learning is important.

But you said I threatened to leave the VHL when I never once said that and said I don't think bringing the SHL's PT system here would help the league.

Just now, jRuutu said:

But it´s not, over here you write your name for 3 or 4 TPE.

Over in SHL you need to write 150 words to get the 3.

But then the other stuff. You add the other stuff which creates no discussion and you have yourself an average of 11 TPE per week just for 150 words + a few 2 word posts/copy and paste.

Just now, Kendrick said:

I just mentioned I wrote nothing and was claiming TPE every week from training. I literally never had to check the discussion or media areas.

But you could have? Doing training for TPE did not prevent you from doing that,  if anything - you could have more time to spend around the league because you don´t have to worry about the PT`s, is that not what you guys want to see the new people bring in when they don´t have to do article for 500 words here ;)

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

But that requires a change in the player store, cause the current store system isn't working with the SHL PT system.

Of course! Has to change numerous other things if the actual PT system is changed.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Only way you get money is by writing articles, creating graphic stuff or by signing a contract. (Some smaller ways to earn bit more, but those two are clearly the biggest)

For me, the actual PT´s has always been the number one when it comes down to building my player in SHL. Still rolling on with same player that I started over 3 years ago.

Eh ya I don't know.  The actual PT's are fine.

The rest I'm not a big fan of.

I don't mind doing stuff like Media Themes of the Week even, but I know a few people who disliked how much their PT's and stuff like that force you to write certain things (I'm not necessarily one of those though).

Just now, jRuutu said:

But you could have? Doing training for TPE did not prevent you from doing that,  if anything - you could have more time to spend around the league because you don´t have to worry about the PT`s, is that not what you guys want to see the new people bring in when they don´t have to do article for 500 words here ;)

I could've sure, but I didn't need to because I'd just claim it from contract money (not to mention carryover money from previous players which is stupid).

What you are saying though is people shouldn't be lazy, but literally the SHL system brought me to be lazy over there haha

2 hockey league can co-exist if they bring their own dynamic to the table. The SHL has one dynamic, the VHL has another. Now, it's a matter to see which one works best and what changes we can do, learning fro meither SHL or any other league, to become leaders/ pioneers with creative ideas to reinvent the VHL

What the SHL does good is recruiting and retaining members because they built beforemost a community that people (some) enjoy a lot and that makes them stay

This whole talk is about bringing members to fill lineups ? What the hell, that's the least of my concern. You all think of solutions to fix a problem in short term, but we have the same and same problem over and over again because we don' t address the real problem, which is a lacking community that doesn't make people want to stay. If people want to stay here, they will work with our PT system for sure and they will collaborate. Now, what we only do is, how to please people that doesn't really give a shit about the VHL.

It's just shooting yourself in the foot 

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

But then the other stuff. You add the other stuff which creates no discussion and you have yourself an average of 11 TPE per week just for 150 words + a few 2 word posts/copy and paste.

Well the AC is for 2, PT 150 words for 3,  smaller 25ish words article for 1, then the training 1m for 5 TPE or 500 k for 3 TPE I believe, not everybody have enough money to spend 1m every week, so they might get just 3 instead of 5 ? Then maybe some kind of prediction stuff for 1 or 2 TPE == Takes maybe 30 minutes overall.

500 words here for 6 TPE at least for me takes close to 1 hour.

Either way,  I would much rather have SHL pt system than this new system. 

4 minutes ago, ADV said:

Eh ya I don't know.  The actual PT's are fine.

The rest I'm not a big fan of.

I don't mind doing stuff like Media Themes of the Week even, but I know a few people who disliked how much their PT's and stuff like that force you to write certain things (I'm not necessarily one of those though).

Some weeks the topic is not too interesting, but for 150 words - it´s not too bad.

Gives you time to  focus on some other leagues or even write something for money if you like. Or of course work around the league in some kind of job.

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Also, if you're trying to implement some extra PT's, raise the TPE weekly cap. Cause how many 1000 TPE players we have? 

1. G - Apollo Skye.

3 more players are not so far from it, but 2/3 of them are goalies as well. that's sad.

2. all my players

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I could've sure, but I didn't need to because I'd just claim it from contract money (not to mention carryover money from previous players which is stupid).

What you are saying though is people shouldn't be lazy, but literally the SHL system brought me to be lazy over there haha

Not a fan of the carryover money either.

Yes I´m saying people should not be lazy, but if the options are  A. This new idea where people can claim PTs from other leagues here or B. PT system like in SHL.

I would take the B option every day.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

So if this idea isn't a good idea from what you said. What is your resolution to finding more members? As the Recruitment Leader I'm sure @KGR @Beaviss @bgreene21 and I would love to have your ideas for ways to bring in people interested in Sim Leagues.

The ideas I have for creating an enjoyable atmosphere in the league are too far fetched to ever actually see happen. Especially in a league with this history. I love the GOMHL's idea of a TPE cap. I just hate the layout of the site over there. I think this site has a great layout. 

I don't like the VHLM. I would much rather see a collegiate or amateur league where your player is expected to have a longer career. If I remember correctly a player is drafted after his first year? I think associating the "VHLM" with something newcomers could relate to like the NCAA or another amateur hockey association would benefit the league. It would make success at that level matter more, unlike it does now. It's easy to lose interest when all you care about is seeing your player succeed, especially in a hockey league.

I think longevity should be relative. I'm not completely sure how this would work, but it would surely be easier with a TPE cap. For instance say a player hits his 8th season. Take 10% of his TPE and let him chooses what regresses. If you capped a player at 500 TPE for example, take 50 TPE. But say that player was a league leader in points, goals, assists or hits. Instead of taking 10% take 5 for the top three that qualify for league leaders. Creates a better team building experience for an older free agent. Say in the 9th season of somebodies career we took 12%. For a top 3 leader you could instead take 6 % and allow that player to choose where he regresses. I think this would create a more competitive and exclusive "HOF"

I don't know, just ideas. I'd love to hear others. 

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

25 words what? rsz_tqharym.png what is this?

Fun little PT, usually 5 or something topics to choose from about something league related, for example if draft is close - write about biggest steal of the draft or something,  if the playoffs are around, usually there is topics for what players is doing well, which team could surprise etc etc, basically a league related mini PT!

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Fun little PT, usually 5 or something topics to choose from about something league related, for example if draft is close - write about biggest steal of the draft or something,  if the playoffs are around, usually there is topics for what players is doing well, which team could surprise etc etc, basically a league related mini PT!

25 words? Come on, this is an epitome of laziness lol.

2 minutes ago, bgreene21 said:

I don't like the VHLM. I would much rather see a collegiate or amateur league where your player is expected to have a longer career. If I remember correctly a player is drafted after his first year? I think associating the "VHLM" with something newcomers could relate to like the NCAA or another amateur hockey association would benefit the league. It would make success at that level matter more, unlike it does now. It's easy to lose interest when all you care about is seeing your player succeed, especially in a hockey league.

@Devise :thedonald:

Yeah, not a lot of members cares about that league. More starting TPE would help new members to join the big league immediately and I think there was a suggestion earlier about that.

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

But i´ll head off, must sleep again! Back tomorrow ;)

Again on 1 AM? Your regime is incredible.