Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. What do you honestly think of Toronto's season so far? - It's been a lot of fun, as we were written off going into the season and very clearly not expected to have this kind of success. This team is playing with house money, so to speak, and is taking full advantage of that. 

2. Do you think we'll 'fall back to Earth', or do you expect Toronto to maintain a moderate winning record? - Over 72 games, you'd expect there to be some semblance of order restored, but with this being such a young team, we're only going to improve as the season goes on. As that happens, it'll make this early success even more crucial. 

3. What do you think of your own individual players performance? - Unreal, to be honest. You don't expect a 400-ish TPE goaltender to be doing so well in this situation, but it's working. I'm just hoping the early success hasn't given me unrealistic expectations on what to expect this season. 

4. Do you prefer team press conferences, or the ask three answer three McWolf created? - The Ask Three/Answer Three is pretty cool, but it's always good to see how the team is doing/feeling about the season too. 

5. Any surprises this season from your player? - His performance as a whole... Lindbergh isn't just playing well for a rookie, he's doing fantastic compared to veteran goaltenders as well. It bodes very well for his future in net if this is what he can do in his rookie season!

6. Do you have any holiday plans? - We always have family over on Christmas, it ends up being a long, but fun and rewarding day for us!

1. What do you honestly think of Toronto's season so far? - It's been a lot of fun, as we were written off going into the season and very clearly not expected to have this kind of success. This team is playing with house money, so to speak, and is taking full advantage of that. 
I think we're doing pretty well for such a young team.  I'm just pleased we're doing better than last season already.

2. Do you think we'll 'fall back to Earth', or do you expect Toronto to maintain a moderate winning record? - Over 72 games, you'd expect there to be some semblance of order restored, but with this being such a young team, we're only going to improve as the season goes on. As that happens, it'll make this early success even more crucial. 

Maybe we're due to hit a slump, but who knows?  The games still need to be played on paper.

3. What do you think of your own individual players performance? - Unreal, to be honest. You don't expect a 400-ish TPE goaltender to be doing so well in this situation, but it's working. I'm just hoping the early success hasn't given me unrealistic expectations on what to expect this season. 

I think I'm doing ok, some other players on our team have surprised me.  We're all showing what we're capable of and we gotta figure out how to keep it going.

4. Do you prefer team press conferences, or the ask three answer three McWolf created? - The Ask Three/Answer Three is pretty cool, but it's always good to see how the team is doing/feeling about the season too. 

We can do whatever, I like the standard format tbh.

5. Any surprises this season from your player? - His performance as a whole... Lindbergh isn't just playing well for a rookie, he's doing fantastic compared to veteran goaltenders as well. It bodes very well for his future in net if this is what he can do in his rookie season!

I've been shut out from the scoresheet sometimes; I hoped I would have been more consistent but that will come with time.

6. Do you have any holiday plans? - We always have family over on Christmas, it ends up being a long, but fun and rewarding day for us!

Of course we do!  It's Christmas, we gotta get together with people, even if it's just a few people.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:57 PM, Peace said:

For the next week [or if you're able to get it done in the next two hours, this week!]

1. What do you honestly think of Toronto's season so far? 
It's definitely a good season for Brozik to break into the league with because the team is well balanced.

2. Do you think we'll 'fall back to Earth', or do you expect Toronto to maintain a moderate winning record? 

I think Toronto has it in them to keep up this pace and make the playoffs.

3. What do you think of your own individual players performance? 

My performance has been very solid for a rookie in the league, recording near or at a PPG the whole season so far.

4. Do you prefer team press conferences, or the ask three answer three McWolf created? 

I prefer team pressers because, truthfully, way less work for me.

5. Any surprises this season from your player? 

I was not expecting him to be performing this well at this stage, so that's a surprise.

6. Do you have any holiday plans?

Nope, just came back from Florida so that eliminates any plans.

On 12/5/2021 at 11:57 PM, Peace said:

For the next week [or if you're able to get it done in the next two hours, this week!]

2. Do you think we'll 'fall back to Earth', or do you expect Toronto to maintain a moderate winning record? 

4. Do you prefer team press conferences, or the ask three answer three McWolf created? 

1- I'm loving it! Toronto is much better than I expected and I think we have a shot at making the playoff ass a very young team.

2-Like I said earlier, we have a shot at the playoff but we will probabely be wildcard or someting like that. I don't expect us to be as good as we were at the beginning of the season.

3-I didn't expect him to be that good, I mean 1st in rookie scoring I'll take that hopefully he can be that great all year

4-I like presser better but I like both so it's not a problem for me.

5- I thought he would be a bottom 6 player this year and it turn out the trade was very good for my performances because I'm getting much more ice time with Toronto than I would've got in Prague. Because of that, my player is awesome and I love it.

6- Like every year, celebrating with my family and playing hockey on an odr or a big lake!

It's been a very, very pleasant surprise how well we've been doing this season. I'm honestly not expecting a cup run but we absolutely have a playoff push in us.

I can see us hitting a wall sometime soon but I don't think it'll hurt too much if we keep pushing through it.

I'm gonna be honest, depreciation has hit me hard this season. I'm not doing terrible all things considered but really not putting up the numbers that I would like to be.

I like the standard pressers more, to be perfectly honest.

Not really. I've only got a couple seasons left so I've been due for a slump for a while.

Just celebrating with family, eating a big dinner, that kinda thing.

New presser for week of 12/13/21!

1. Entering this week, Toronto is sitting at 45 points, tied with Calgary for 4th in the North American Conference, although the Wranglers have the tiebreaker with a better ROW. What seed do you see the Legion getting, if you think they'll make the playoffs?

2. The New York Americans are ten points behind Calgary and Toronto with 35 points. Do you think General Manager Rylan @Peace has any moves planned for the upcoming trade deadline to ensure Toronto stays in front of New York?

3. Jared Carter @jaredc7 has announced that Season 81 will be his last, as he will be retiring at the end of the season. What do you feel will be the thing Toronto misses the most about the physical center that has called Toronto home the past three seasons?

4. What player do you feel is the best-kept secret on the Toronto Legion?

5. Toronto has lost seven games in overtime or the shootout, do you see it as a positive by gaining a point in a loss, or a missed opportunity on having seven additional points?

6. What is the most unforgivable topping to put on a pizza?

On 12/14/2021 at 2:01 PM, Doomsday said:

New presser for week of 12/13/21!

1. Entering this week, Toronto is sitting at 45 points, tied with Calgary for 4th in the North American Conference, although the Wranglers have the tiebreaker with a better ROW. What seed do you see the Legion getting, if you think they'll make the playoffs?

2. The New York Americans are ten points behind Calgary and Toronto with 35 points. Do you think General Manager Rylan @Peace has any moves planned for the upcoming trade deadline to ensure Toronto stays in front of New York?

3. Jared Carter @jaredc7 has announced that Season 81 will be his last, as he will be retiring at the end of the season. What do you feel will be the thing Toronto misses the most about the physical center that has called Toronto home the past three seasons?

4. What player do you feel is the best-kept secret on the Toronto Legion?

5. Toronto has lost seven games in overtime or the shootout, do you see it as a positive by gaining a point in a loss, or a missed opportunity on having seven additional points?

6. What is the most unforgivable topping to put on a pizza?

1-I think at that point we'll finish not higher than a 4th seed but if we can make the playoff it still very good consider the young team we have.

2- Maybe trade to get worse and get higher draft pick would be a good idea and I think he will do that.

3-I think we'll miss someone who can hit the other player hard like he was doing and that's a big piece we'll miss.

4- Lambert is an important piece on this team. He's mostly scoring late in close games.4 of his 7 goals are GWG which is impressive.

5- I think they are missed opportunities because with the young, fast team we have, it's not normal to loose that many games in OT/ shootout. We need to improve that for sure.

6- Pineapple. If you put pineapple on your pizza, you're weird.

Presser for the week of 12/20/21!

1. The VHL Trade Deadline has come and gone, with no trades being made across the league. What does that say to you about Toronto and their chances?

2. What Season 82 prospect do you think makes the most sense for Rylan @Peace to draft next season?

3. What do you think makes Toronto a team to watch out for as the playoffs approach?

4. What VHL team would you not shed a single tear for if they never won a game again?

5. Why does Rob Gronkowski want a USAA membership so bad?

6. Best food that people have probably never tried?

1. The VHL Trade Deadline has come and gone, with no trades being made across the league. What does that say to you about Toronto and their chances?

I like our chances.  Says alot about the teams above and below us.  We will either challenge or get challenged..

2. What Season 82 prospect do you think makes the most sense for Rylan @Peace to draft next season?

I've been focused on my play, haven't looked at any prospects.  I hope we get someone that can mesh well with this group though.

3. What do you think makes Toronto a team to watch out for as the playoffs approach?

We're developing still.  Getting a crack at the postseason now will help us later on in our careers.  So I'll say, our youthfulness will be an asset.

4. What VHL team would you not shed a single tear for if they never won a game again?

Warsaw.

We are in Canada.. why does this matter?  

Escargot au gratin.  Amazing appetizer.  Snails turn people off.

On 12/20/2021 at 7:20 PM, Doomsday said:

2. What Season 82 prospect do you think makes the most sense for Rylan @Peace to draft next season?

1. we're gonna surprise a few people i think.

2. haven't looked too far into it, but on a hunch i would say maybe another solid defenceman? we're pretty set otherwise.

3. we're young and hungry. we've seen how vancouver managed to shock the league with a young core.

4. absolutely 100% no doubt about it seattle.

5. i had to look up what USAA was. i'm still confused as to what it is so i really have no idea.

6. i'm a pretty picky eater myself so i don't think my opinion here is valid.

On 12/20/2021 at 7:20 PM, Doomsday said:

1- I like our chances I think we have a shot at the playoffs and I think it would be amazing if we can surprise other teams in the playoffs

2-To be honest, I know anyting about the 82's draft class but a solid two way D-man would be great because we are already very solid at goalie and offence

3-Our young, speedy team with a great offence and we all want that cup more than anybody around the league

4-Idk. There are no team that I hate rn but rivalities will come soon.

5-I don't know anyting about the USAA or him so I can't answer that question.

6- If you live in another country than Canada and you visit Canada. You gotta eat poutine. It's by far the best meal in the world. There are more poutine in the province of quebec but I think you can find some everywhere in the country.

Christmas edition! 

1. How was your Christmas day? 

2. Were you able to spend it with family this year? (Family dinner, maybe?)

3. What are some of your Christmas Eve traditions? 

4. Boxing Day sales can contribute a major chunk of a retail stores montly profit... do you go shopping for Dec. 26 deals, or do you avoid the crowds and stay home/shop online? 

5. Are you looking forward to any New Years celebrations? 

6. How old are Christmas songs already?

1 hour ago, Peace said:

Christmas edition! 

4. Boxing Day sales can contribute a major chunk of a retail stores montly profit... do you go shopping for Dec. 26 deals, or do you avoid the crowds and stay home/shop online? 

1. It was nice! I spent some time with the family and we had a nice traditional Noche Buena dinner!

2. Indeed! Family came in from out of the country and it was nice to not only show them my new home, but the lovely Toronto Legion facilities!

3. We like to eat herring as a way of cleansing the bodies impurities from the year prior. It's a weird tradition but we do it.

4. I'm not a fan of Boxing. Just hockey. (Kidding) Online shopping.

5. Not really, they're always so loud and not really entertaining to watch for me.

6. Too old, I was just thinking to myself the other day, how in the hundreds of years of this have we not come up with better, catchier tunes by now?

1. How was your Christmas day? - Crazy, chaotic, stressful at times... but absolutely worth all of it. A wonderful day for everyone!

2. Were you able to spend it with family this year? (Family dinner, maybe?) - Family out the wazoo, and spread out over several days too!

3. What are some of your Christmas Eve traditions? - Our church has a beautiful service on Christmas Eve, my favorite part is when Silent Night is sung. The lights are all turned off, and everyone has a lit candle to illuminate the room. The last verse is also sung in German! It's very cool to see and participate in it. 

4. Boxing Day sales can contribute a major chunk of a retail stores montly profit... do you go shopping for Dec. 26 deals, or do you avoid the crowds and stay home/shop online? - Stay home and just enjoy the relative quiet of the previous day, along with appreciating what we did get. 

5. Are you looking forward to any New Years celebrations? - I'm looking forward to sleeping in the next day, to be honest. 

6. How old are Christmas songs already? - Some of them, very, others I wouldn't mind hearing year round, to be honest. 

Went by without a hitch.  Spent it with family obviously, kids had a great time!

Yeah exactly.  Had a turkey n stuffing dinner with the fam.

We open gifts on Xmas day, not like when I was a kid and we stayed up until midnight then opened gifts.  Xmas eve is a "calm before the storm" day, really; it's a day off from work lol.

4. Boxing Day sales can contribute a major chunk of a retail stores monthly profit... do you go shopping for Dec. 26 deals, or do you avoid the crowds and stay home/shop online? 

I Went out once on Boxing day when I was like, 21 or something.  Never again, although now it's mostly online shopping happening, even before coofid

Nah, just having my gf come over to spend time with the fam.  Maybe a bottle of wine later, who knows?

Outdated, maybe?  Some are classic, some are more obscure, we need new ones asap.  Too bad that cheery-type songs belong in niche genres, although I don't mind listening to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra play some shred xmas tunes.

On 12/26/2021 at 11:55 AM, Peace said:

Christmas edition! 

1. Amazing. Got lots of great gifts and got to spend time with my families.

2. Yeah, got to split the day with both of my families, which is always nice.

3. Usually I'll open my presents on Christmas Eve with one family, then open the others on Christmas with my other family (if you call that a tradition...).

4. Around where I live, we don't celebrate Boxing Day and we don't really have sales for it.

5. Stayed up with my friends all night, had a good time.

6. Great thing about being an introvert is that you don't have to listen to people singing when out in public; I never go out.

New Year... new press conference!

1. After finishing dead last in the VHL with 30 points last season, the Toronto Legion finished with 79 points and a playoff berth in Season 81. What sparked such a dramatic turnaround?

2. The Los Angeles Stars are Toronto's opponent in the Wild Card Round, what will be the keys for the Legion to defeat them?

3. Four Toronto players placed in the top ten in rookie scoring, including Otto Numinen's rookie-best 95 points, while Oskar Lindbergh had a solid season in net. Do you see either coming away with the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy as the top rookie of the VHL?

4. The Vancouver Wolves again brought the meta argument to the spotlight by easily coasting to a Victory Cup this season. Is the meta a serious issue the league needs to address, or is it up to the other teams to find a way to stop it?

5. Did you have the traditional meal of pork and sauerkraut for New Year's?

6. The VHL ProAm Tournament is returning this off-season, do you plan to participate?

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

1. After finishing dead last in the VHL with 30 points last season, the Toronto Legion finished with 79 points and a playoff berth in Season 81. What sparked such a dramatic turnaround?

2. The Los Angeles Stars are Toronto's opponent in the Wild Card Round, what will be the keys for the Legion to defeat them?

3. Four Toronto players placed in the top ten in rookie scoring, including Otto Numinen's rookie-best 95 points, while Oskar Lindbergh had a solid season in net. Do you see either coming away with the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy as the top rookie of the VHL?

4. The Vancouver Wolves again brought the meta argument to the spotlight by easily coasting to a Victory Cup this season. Is the meta a serious issue the league needs to address, or is it up to the other teams to find a way to stop it?

6. The VHL ProAm Tournament is returning this off-season, do you plan to participate?

1. The young prospect pool moving from the E to the big leagues would have a pretty big impact on the roster I assume.

2. Keep playing the way we've been playing all season, no reason to change our winning strategies now.

3. As a rookie in the top 10 myself, I would very much like to see any of us getting the trophy, and I see Numminen likely walking away with it this year.

4. I think that as the players, it's our job to try and beat these guys.

5. Nope, chicken and mashed potatoes for me.

6. I'd like to, pretty nice community there and I would love to be there again.

1. After finishing dead last in the VHL with 30 points last season, the Toronto Legion finished with 79 points and a playoff berth in Season 81. What sparked such a dramatic turnaround?

A fuller roster, a solid crop of determined and skilled rookies, and a fresh slate.  Everything kinda worked for us to win games.

Skate hard and shoot more.  If we shoot more, we have a better chance of winning.

Yes I do.  Let's keep the roty trophy in Toronto.  Fire started the roll, let's keep it going!

4. The Vancouver Wolves again brought the meta argument to the spotlight by easily coasting to a Victory Cup this season. Is the meta a serious issue the league needs to address, or is it up to the other teams to find a way to stop it?

It's up to other teams to stop it.  Vancouver has less of a chance if other teams catch on.

Nope.  

I do not.

On 1/3/2022 at 11:27 AM, Doomsday said:

1- I think all the rookies that came in the team change someting and we played well together.

2-We got to do what we were doing during the season with a little bit more aggressiveness because it's the playoff.

3-I mean I would lie if I say I don't want to win the rookie of the year and I think I have a decent shot at it but I would be very happy to see Lindbergh winning it. He was great all season long.

4-It's our job the players to stop them. It won't be easy but we are able to stop them I'm sure.

5-No I don't have any traditional meal for New Year's. I have one for Christmas but for New Year I'm eating what's in my fridge.

6-I don't know, we'll see.

The team was bolstered by numerous prospects from the pipeline. Our team was going to be more competitive than S80 regardless, but clinching the playoffs is only the first step from our new core and an impressive feat none-the-less.

I believe our victory in the Wildcard round against LA was our goaltending. Amazing numbers, really kept us in throughout the four games we played.

I'm really hoping Nimminen wins the top rookie award, he had an impressive season on a weaker team [compared to say Prague]. 

There's no real way to combat the 'meta', since someone will just find something else that works more efficiently than a restricted build.

Nope. I had loaded meat lovers pizza with my brother.

Probably not.

Post-Playoffs Presser!

1. Toronto stunned the experts who predicted a quick series for the Los Angeles Stars by flipping the script with a 3-1 series win. What did the Legion do that enabled them to pull off the upset?

2. Although Toronto put up a fight and managed to steal a game, they were ultimately no match for the Vancouver Metawolves. What do the Legion need to do in order to compete with the league's best in Season 82?

3. A tremendous season has come to a close in Toronto, what was the defining moment of it for you?

4. Who do you feel is Toronto's team MVP this season?

5. So, it needs to be asked... who's winning the Continental Cup this season?

6. What's your favorite card game? 

1. Toronto stunned the experts who predicted a quick series for the Los Angeles Stars by flipping the script with a 3-1 series win. What did the Legion do that enabled them to pull off the upset?

We stuck together and continued to do what worked for us, didn't change much around really.  

2. Although Toronto put up a fight and managed to steal a game, they were ultimately no match for the Vancouver Metawolves. What do the Legion need to do in order to compete with the league's best in Season 82?

Improve in most areas of our game.  There's plenty of room to grow since we are still such a young team!

3. A tremendous season has come to a close in Toronto, what was the defining moment of it for you?

Honestly, we passed last season's win total very early in the season; that was such a memorable and encouraging moment for me personally.

Gotta be the goalie.  Lindbergh was mental in nets for us, kept us in games, showed us his leadership, and was a big confidence booster.

Vancouver, although I'm not keeping track of what's going on.

Cribbage and Texas Hold'em poker

Post-Playoffs Presser!

From a sim side, I think it was the depth Toronto had that pushed us over the edge. I've seen in the past where teams with better depth beat teams with a far better 6-4-1 roster for whatever reason.

We all need to reroll and abuse a knowingly broken meta! ... I wish that were sarcasm, too. Knowingly abusing the tactic that breaks the sim is disgraceful.

As a GM making the playoffs felt great, been a long road of bad sim results so finally making a post season appearance is quite nice!

I'll refrain from this one, but I will say it's a tough question.

Was it any surprise?

Magic: The Gathering!

Beginning of S82 Off-Season Presser!

1. Toronto received a bit of a gut punch with the sudden retirement of Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy finalist Otto Numinen and Harkat Mulds taking a step away from the league. Who will have to step it up to make up for this sudden misfortune?

2. With the Season 82 VHL Draft Lottery completed, Toronto's position at 7th overall is now locked in. Who do the Legion go with at this selection?

3. With Cadmael Ixazaluoh and George Sanderson joining Toronto as rookie defensemen this season, it gives the Legion something they didn't have last season: four defensemen on the roster. What kind of effect will the two rookies have for Toronto's defensive play in S82?

4. Who has the foulest mouth in the Toronto locker room?

5. Tavish McGroot, the highest-ranked prospect of the Season 82 draft class by TPE, has very publicly declared that he will retire if he is drafted by anyone other than Los Angeles. What's the right metaphor to describe the situation?

6.. What is the weirdest player name you've seen in the VHL?