Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. Toronto stunned the experts who predicted a quick series for the Los Angeles Stars by flipping the script with a 3-1 series win. What did the Legion do that enabled them to pull off the upset?

It was clearly great team play with everyone pulling together and building off the experience of the season to win a tough playoff series. It also doesn`t hurt that the team has one of the best up and coming tenders in the league and he was able to steal a few games for the team.

2. Although Toronto put up a fight and managed to steal a game, they were ultimately no match for the Vancouver Metawolves. What do the Legion need to do in order to compete with the league's best in Season 82?

I would say become meta as well but really this team is a season or two away from being a great team if a bit of luck and guidance continues them down the right path. Vancouver will fall back at some point and they can be beaten as proven by the one game that Toronto won. Stay the course is what I am going to say.

3. A tremendous season has come to a close in Toronto, what was the defining moment of it for you?

Team gaining playoff experience when most still had Toronto looking in from the outside. Winning a round in the playoffs and then going up against the Meta Wolves that would win the Championship only gained this team more experience that they can lean on in the new season.

4. Who do you feel is Toronto's team MVP this season?

I am bias and an outsider so I am not sure my vote matters much for anything but Lindbergh had a great season and should really only get stronger next season. Was the the MVP? As I said I am an outsider and know very little about Toronto to actually have a vote count.

5. So, it needs to be asked... who's winning the Continental Cup this season?

Meta Wolves most likely as I was surprised the meta continued into the playoffs for them. Also answering after the Championship doesn`t hurt either.

6. What's your favorite card game? 

Wow, It has been a while since I even have played a card game other then with my kids so Match or Fish I guess is my answer at the moment. I like war as well but UNO was my favorite back in the day.

1. I didn't pay that much attention to the season of the VHL but honestly the team as a whole will have to group together will have to step it up with them leaving, it'll take the team to come together and make up for the loss of them

2. Nagy Al or Bo Johansson 

3. They'll step into the skates that weren't there and do an awesome job at it most likely.

4. Haven't paid attention so im not sure

5. Egg sniffer

6. Board game clue on skates lol

On 1/17/2022 at 6:54 PM, Doomsday said:

Beginning of S82 Off-Season Presser!

1. Toronto received a bit of a gut punch with the sudden retirement of Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy finalist Otto Numinen and Harkat Mulds taking a step away from the league. Who will have to step it up to make up for this sudden misfortune?

2. With the Season 82 VHL Draft Lottery completed, Toronto's position at 7th overall is now locked in. Who do the Legion go with at this selection?

3. With Cadmael Ixazaluoh and George Sanderson joining Toronto as rookie defensemen this season, it gives the Legion something they didn't have last season: four defensemen on the roster. What kind of effect will the two rookies have for Toronto's defensive play in S82?

4. Who has the foulest mouth in the Toronto locker room?

5. Tavish McGroot, the highest-ranked prospect of the Season 82 draft class by TPE, has very publicly declared that he will retire if he is drafted by anyone other than Los Angeles. What's the right metaphor to describe the situation?

6.. What is the weirdest player name you've seen in the VHL?

1. That really sucks, especially as someone who has played in Toronto in the S70's, I hope Peace or Fire can take that next step for you guys!!

2. Nagy AL.

3. Should give ya more flexibility I hope, with different playstyles and such

4. Can't help but feel like Mulds would lol

5. Stuck up, seriously just play for whoever drafts you, and don't be a jerk about it.

6. Thunder Dick

1. Toronto received a bit of a gut punch with the sudden retirement of Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy finalist Otto Numinen and Harkat Mulds taking a step away from the league. Who will have to step it up to make up for this sudden misfortune?

Matty Fire and Kyle Peace will have to shoulder the load, but with some awesome rookies improving, they will pick up the slack.

2. With the Season 82 VHL Draft Lottery completed, Toronto's position at 7th overall is now locked in. Who do the Legion go with at this selection?

The Board Game Clue on Skates I think.

3. With Cadmael Ixazaluoh and George Sanderson joining Toronto as rookie defensemen this season, it gives the Legion something they didn't have last season: four defensemen on the roster. What kind of effect will the two rookies have for Toronto's defensive play in S82?

They will be solid, but they will have to learn to shut down some opposing elite talent.

I probably do, but I don't show it.

5. Tavish McGroot, the highest-ranked prospect of the Season 82 draft class by TPE, has very publicly declared that he will retire if he is drafted by anyone other than Los Angeles. What's the right metaphor to describe the situation?

Let him retire.  Tavish and Los Angeles' loss, honestly.

Poopy Peepants.  That's too weird, poor guy never had a shot growing up....

The entire roster will have to step up to replace not only Numminen and Mulds, but the depreciation of Steele as well. There's a lot of missing TPE that arguably made us competitive last season, we'll have to find a way to make it work for us.

All I know is I should have done a more dedicated job in draft interviews. Been so busy lately with IRL stuff, and the situation I'm in, I was unable to really scout as much as I wanted too.

From a STHS perspective it means we've got someone far better than TOR D on the blue line, from a personnel perspective it means we've got an active member on the team instead of a bot. From either angle I view it as much needed improvement, that's a win in my books!

Me.

Without more context from recent developments, it's a shitty way to do things and certainly poor sportsmanship.

Any 'joke name' is weird to me.

On 1/18/2022 at 2:54 AM, Doomsday said:

Beginning of S82 Off-Season Presser!

1. I am new to the team but I figure the whole team will have to step up to fill the holes left by Numinen and Mulds not just one individual. It is what it is, things like this happen all the time. It’ll be interesting to see if we can bounce back or if it will really hurt the team this season. 

2. You can’t go wrong with either Dvorak or Kovalchuk. 

3. I am super excited to be apart of the Legion, I hope Sanderson puts up good numbers while keeping the pims to a minimum. Hoping he can be a big part of our playoff push. 

4. Hard to say, I just started looking at the locker room more often considering I was just called up. Everyone is pretty chill and awesome from what I’ve seen. 

5. You just turned 16 and you asked your parents for a car for your birthday. Your parents surprise you with a used 2016 Ford Escape (getting drafted anywhere in the 1st round of the VHL). It isn’t what you wanted, you wanted a brand new Range Rover. So, you decide to crash your car with the thought that your parents will have to give you a brand new car but they don’t. They don’t give you anything and you now have to take the bus everywhere. 

6. Personally I am not a fan of dumb or meme player names at all, they drive me nuts. I don’t want to call anyone out but I’ve seen a lot of names that make me scratch my head wondering why they thought that would be a good name for a fictional hockey player.  

Toronto Press Conference: VHL Draft Edition!

1. Drafting at 9th overall, Toronto selected defenseman Bo Johansson @Shindigs, further adding to the Legion's defensive depth. He factors to join pro roster for Season 83, spending this season in the VHLE with the Bratislava Watchmen. What type of impact can we expect from Johansson as a pro?

2. At 25th overall, Toronto drafted Phoebe Bridgers @GrittyIsKing, adding another prospect into contention to fill in for the loss of Otto Numinen in the future. What could set Bridgers apart from other forward prospects in Toronto's pipeline?

3. Johansson and Bridgers were the two additions Toronto made through the Season 82 VHL Entry Draft, passing with their fifth round selection. How would you rate the Legion's draft class?

4. Who do you think was the biggest steal in this season's draft?

5. What's your mindset like heading into Season 82?

6. If a VHL logo of your choice came to life, which one do you feel you'd have the easiest time beating up?

6 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. Drafting at 9th overall, Toronto selected defenseman Bo Johansson @Shindigs, further adding to the Legion's defensive depth. He factors to join pro roster for Season 83, spending this season in the VHLE with the Bratislava Watchmen. What type of impact can we expect from Johansson as a pro?

2. At 25th overall, Toronto drafted Phoebe Bridgers @GrittyIsKing, adding another prospect into contention to fill in for the loss of Otto Numinen in the future. What could set Bridgers apart from other forward prospects in Toronto's pipeline?

3. Johansson and Bridgers were the two additions Toronto made through the Season 82 VHL Entry Draft, passing with their fifth round selection. How would you rate the Legion's draft class?

6. If a VHL logo of your choice came to life, which one do you feel you'd have the easiest time beating up?

1. The kind of impact only Clue Glue™ could produce. So expect a lot of SBs, and a lot of very questionable ad campaigns.

2. Gritty/Bridgers is a very interesting prospect, as they are one of very few being held back by "technical difficulties" as I believe Spartan put it. Phoebe could be a massive steal if Gritty finds a way to consistently have the kind of VHL access they want.

3. I mean I'm obviously a bit biased here. But I think things went swimmingly!

4. Jay Saucey at 38th. No doubt in my mind. He came to me in the JST not knowing how to work anything on the site. But with amazing ability for making GFX. After we got him setup he's been working his way through the TPE opportunities and is now a max earner and will remain that for the foreseeable future. How often do you get a max earning goalie at that pick? I don't honestly know historically. But that guy's going places. We also managed to steal him in the E draft in Bratislava, so I think he's arguably the biggest steal in that draft too. And Mubble named him as the biggest player to look out for in the M next season in his most recent podcast. The Team Clue hype around Saucey is real!

5. Just a growth season. Ofc I wan't to help Frosty (and myself) out over in Bratislava and win games. But realistically the E is a one year thing and my sights are set on S83 and competing for a big role in Toronto.

6. Derphorse. I'd just hang out and it'd keep running into walls like a Roomba until it passed out from exhaustion. Easiest win of my life!

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

1. Unbelievable commenting abilities

2 Musical Talent

3 5/5

4 Dunno why Degroot fell so far, maybe I missed something, but if there is no controversy or anything easily Degroot.

5 It's about drive it's about power put in the work put in the hours 

6 hmmm... either derphorse or the Americans logo. I would choose the Stars, Dynamo, or London but it would be hard to beat up a star, mountain, or bridge but i could probably beat up a hockey stick

I only hope that the roster continues to fill out with talented players. This team deserves some hardware, so I only hope we can come together and do something amazing.

Bridgers could bring some perspective and youth to locker room!

Small numbers, but quality over quantity!

I honestly didn't pay enough attention to the draft to see, but I am surprised that we managed to pick up Shindigs as late as we did.

God, I hope this simulator doesn't fuck me this season.

Vancouver Wolves, I could beat up a dumb dog.

On 1/24/2022 at 4:26 PM, Doomsday said:

1. I believe Bo Johansson will be a great presence both on the ice and in the locker room as already demonstrated. I look forward to playing with them in season 83. 

2. Phoebe Bridgers will also be a big contributor on the ice and in the locker room. Hopefully they can help fill any gaps we have and contribute to our success as a team. 

3. The Legion drafted very well, I feel the locker room is full of great users and only time will tell how these new additions perform.

4. I didn’t look into the draft too deep but there wasn’t anyone who really stood out to me. Everyone went more or less where I thought I would, some went earlier.

5. Looking forward to playing my first season in the VHL! I am excited to see what we can do, just gotta keep on the TPE grind.

6. As said before, derphorse. It would be more comedic then anything. 

1. Drafting at 9th overall, Toronto selected defenseman Bo Johansson @Shindigs, further adding to the Legion's defensive depth. He factors to join pro roster for Season 83, spending this season in the VHLE with the Bratislava Watchmen. What type of impact can we expect from Johansson as a pro?

I'm tagging him through association because I'm that excited to have him with the Legion. I expect Johansson will made an immediate impact as Nylan begins to regress as he makes his way onto our roster, and instantly replaces an inactive Lemiuex. Dance, dance, dance!

2. At 25th overall, Toronto drafted Phoebe Bridgers @GrittyIsKing, adding another prospect into contention to fill in for the loss of Otto Numinen in the future. What could set Bridgers apart from other forward prospects in Toronto's pipeline?

Bridgers development path will be quicker than the prospects we've got in the current pipeline. That means he'll have more time as a VHL forward before the required career retirement at the end of his ninth season.

Individually I'd rate it around an A, but overall probably a B- personally. The two picks we made are awesome, but optimally I would have had more ammunition to continue the rebuild and replace losses we've sustained [and will continue to sustain] through hiatuses and retirement.

I'm not sure, but if BigAL returns he'll absolutely be the steal of the draft.

Finals.

Prague. Phantoms don't have no ground to stand on when I'm the ghost hunter on Phasmophobia! I may not be able to physically beat him up, but I leave them an emotional mess when I've discovered what they are. 

1. Drafting at 9th overall, Toronto selected defenseman Bo Johansson @Shindigs, further adding to the Legion's defensive depth. He factors to join pro roster for Season 83, spending this season in the VHLE with the Bratislava Watchmen. What type of impact can we expect from Johansson as a pro?

We can expect him to be as good as advertised; an Elmebeck award winner should be a solid player in my opinion, and he should integrate well with what we have going on.

2. At 25th overall, Toronto drafted Phoebe Bridgers @GrittyIsKing, adding another prospect into contention to fill in for the loss of Otto Numinen in the future. What could set Bridgers apart from other forward prospects in Toronto's pipeline?

The fact that he's a recreate with previous experience makes him a solid linchpin for our depth.

I didnt pay any attention to the draft to be honest, but getting Johansson and Bridgers in the 1st and 2nd round is huge.  That makes this draft successful to me.

Getting Johansson as low as we did.  Thought he'd go higher.

Looking at the difference between us and Vancouver interests me.  I also dont want sths to screw Toronto over.

6. If a VHL logo of your choice came to life, which one do you feel you'd have the easiest time beating up?

Malmos.  Just kick a hawk at night and job done.

Season 82 Opening Night Presser!

1. On the eve of Season 82, what expectations do you have for the Toronto Legion as the new season begins?

2. Otto Numinen was the leading scorer in Season 81, so after his retirement, who will become the offensive leader for this team?

3. What team do you feel is the biggest threat to win the Continental Cup this season?

4. Toronto recently hired a new AGM, what were your thoughts on the new addition to management?

5. Who is a musical artist you don't feel gets enough respect?

6. Will anyone take down Pistil Stamen to become the Unofficial VHL World Heavyweight Champion?

Just now, Doomsday said:

1. On the eve of Season 82, what expectations do you have for the Toronto Legion as the new season begins?

2. Otto Numinen was the leading scorer in Season 81, so after his retirement, who will become the offensive leader for this team?

3. What team do you feel is the biggest threat to win the Continental Cup this season?

4. Toronto recently hired a new AGM, what were your thoughts on the new addition to management?

6. Will anyone take down Pistil Stamen to become the Unofficial VHL World Heavyweight Champion?

1. To build on the success from last season. Showing the league that despite the losses over the off-season. Toronto will still put up a fight.

2. I think @Peace and @MattyFired will be right up there together.

3. I mean we sadly all know it's Vancouver. I'm hoping that won't be the case, but realistically it probably will.

4. Based on his stellar work with the Scouting Report on The Board Game Clue on Skates. I have no doubt that such scouting prowess will be invaluable in a management position.

5. Rick Astley, for obvious reasons. Mans so loyal!

6. That's a tough one. I'm not sure if any meta forward would actually be willing to drop the mitts and fight him proper. Does shooting so many pucks at him he falls unconscious count? If so I think there's a pretty good chance he'll go down.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:07 AM, Doomsday said:

1. I think you guys will do great, maybe fall back a little? Maybe do a little better? Hard to say but I'm sure you'll still make the playoffs.

2. Matty Fire or Kyle Peace would be my picks.

3. Wranglers is my pick.

4. I mean it's you Doomsay, do I need to say anything else? XD

5. I don't listen to enough music to have one DX

6. No, he will remain at the top till he's out of the league.

Season 82 Opening Night Presser!

I expect us to do well, maybe surprise some people and maybe ourselves.  Mostly I'm expecting us to be good enough to win a playoff round.

2. Otto Numinen was the leading scorer in Season 81, so after his retirement, who will become the offensive leader for this team?

Peace and Fire are taking the reins of this young, gifted juggernaut.

Maybe Vancouver?  Maybe us?  I like us.

Excellent.  Has plenty of experience and hes our biggest cheerleader, so it's an awesome piece for us to add to our corner.

5. Who is a musical artist you don't feel gets enough respect?

Dream Theater.  They should be mainstream, they're so damned talented and experienced.

6. Will anyone take down Pistil Stamen to become the Unofficial VHL World Heavyweight Champion?

bro come GIF

I'm certainly expecting playoff hockey for us, I think that's a healthy expectation to have considering we made it last season.

We're a little into the season now, and while I lead the team in points currently, I'm almost positive one of Fire or Nylen will climb above me.

Vancouver for obvious reasons.

10/10 AGM

I'm going to say it... I don't really listen to music, so I wouldn't know how much any artist is respected.

Yes.

Season 82 Week 2 Presser!

1. One week into the new season, Toronto sits at second in the North American Conference, trailing only the two-time defending champions, Vancouver. Is this the level you expect the Legion to play at this season?

2. After starting the season 8-0, Toronto has lost three of their last four games. What do the Legion need to do to get back on track?

3. Kyle @Peace is tied for the league lead in goals with 14, and leads the VHL with 28 points. Are we gonna see him bring home some serious hardware in Season 82?

4. What player's performance around the league has surprised you the most this season?

5. Are you aware that Trivia has made its triumphant return? Did you submit any questions for it?

6. Other than ice hockey, of course, what's your favorite event at the Winter Olympics?

12 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. One week into the new season, Toronto sits at second in the North American Conference, trailing only the two-time defending champions, Vancouver. Is this the level you expect the Legion to play at this season?

2. After starting the season 8-0, Toronto has lost three of their last four games. What do the Legion need to do to get back on track?

3. Kyle @Peace is tied for the league lead in goals with 14, and leads the VHL with 28 points. Are we gonna see him bring home some serious hardware in Season 82?

4. What player's performance around the league has surprised you the most this season?

5. Are you aware that Trivia has made its triumphant return? Did you submit any questions for it?

6. Other than ice hockey, of course, what's your favorite event at the Winter Olympics?

1. As amazing as that would be, it does seem unlikely that 2nd will be the spot to land. After the retirements and losses of player agents this off-season, this pace seems like it would be quite hard to maintain for the full 72 games.

2. Probably more Clue Glue™. That usually seems to do the trick for me at least.

3. Certainly could, if last season taught us anything. It's that players can double their point totals from season to season, like it's no biggie. Maybe this year it's Kyle's time to do just that?

4. Kyle Peace is a pretty good pick for that one, honestly. Don't think a lot of people would have bet on him having 3 hat-tricks at this point in the season.

5. I submitted three. Not sure if any made it, but they probably didn't.

6. I basically don't watch the Olympics, never really got super into it. And these days I just don't watch TV, really.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:37 AM, Doomsday said:

1. I thought you guys might be a spot or two lower but rock on!

2. Score more goals or tighten on on the defense.

3. Yush!! I believe in him! He can do it! (Carry my VHFL team Peace!! XD)

4. My teammate Nezuko.

5. I am! I meant to but never got around to it DX

6. Well snowboarding is really cool, I also find curling kinda fun to watch, so one of those two.

I expected this pretty much.  We're good, but we're still a young group.  Things can go south quickly.

Keep on trucking through.  We will get our streaks.

3. Kyle @Peace is tied for the league lead in goals with 14, and leads the VHL with 28 points. Are we gonna see him bring home some serious hardware in Season 82?

We could, I'd like to see him win a Stolzy, could be the third year in a row that a Toronto player wins it.

Kyle Peace.  Stunning how he just became a dominating presence that we can depend on.

Nope.

Probably moguls and snowboarding, that jumps and tricks are cool to watch.

Season 82 Week 3 Presser

1. Toronto has rebounded following their recent skid, sitting at 14-10-2 after 26 games of play. What do the Legion need to do to establish a bit more consistency?

2. Hadrian @bluesfan55 recently joined the team through a trade with the D.CDragons, what kind of impact can he bring to Toronto?

3. Which prospect in Toronto's farm system has really caught your eye so far this season?

4. Do you anticipate any other trades being made by Toronto before the trade deadline?

5. What Season 83 prospect do you think would be able to make the biggest contribution to the Toronto Legion?

6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal?

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

Season 82 Week 3 Presser

1. Toronto has rebounded following their recent skid, sitting at 14-10-2 after 26 games of play. What do the Legion need to do to establish a bit more consistency?

2. Hadrian @bluesfan55 recently joined the team through a trade with the D.CDragons, what kind of impact can he bring to Toronto?

3. Which prospect in Toronto's farm system has really caught your eye so far this season?

4. Do you anticipate any other trades being made by Toronto before the trade deadline?

5. What Season 83 prospect do you think would be able to make the biggest contribution to the Toronto Legion?

6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal?

1. Win more and lose less, duh! But really I think the production is all there. So this is about the time where I just casually throw the goalie under the bus, right?😅

2. A literal impact, based on the amount of hits he throws. I guess it's time to install a Richter-scale meter in the boards of the Toronto arena.

3. Weenuk Warrior @KnightRiley has been on fire with the earning this season. Looking very promising for next season.

4. Probably. Just wait for Riga to start losing games and they will probably be selling everything that moves.

5. Not Scotty Sundin, that man is a jinxing machine in interviews. So assuming the whole doping thing with Molotov quiets down, and that he doesn't decided that he just has to play in Malmö. Then I think he'd be a near perfect fit for what the Legion craves. Though considering how good things are going, I doubt we'd be able to nab him. 1st gen Ivan Retoslav @eagle_3450 is a Team Clue alumni who is max earning, super active in LRs and has expressed that he wants to play for Toronto. So realistically I think he could be one of the best possible picks around where we may end up. Actually, it's completely possible he will be off the board too soon as well.

6. That's a tough one. But I'd probably have to say chicken and funnel chanterelle stew. It's one of my go to dishes.