Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. I love the resignings and the addition of another top defenseman we are definitely set up for future success 

2.  3 for sure Hornet Odinsson and Reinhart...

3. Yes for sure Kaberle and Killinger

4. Yes toss up between Hornet and Killinger

5. Definitely I believe we will get 40+ wins

6. I'm ready we have a great team this season

1. Toronto's off-season was certainly busy in a good way. I think the acquisition for Killinger will prove to be the highlight in the post-season.

2. Judging by how the season is going so far I'm going to predict three with Hornet, Odinsson and Scotty!

3. Easily. We already have Hornet, Greene Giant and Green all at an assist-per-game pace! 

4. Yeah, I'm going to say Hornet pulls it off for us. 

5. There is a lot of competition for us so I'm going to say we do get the 40 wins, but I'm not sure it will be the top of the conference.

6. Five games in with six points. Hopefully this pace keeps up!

1. What do you think about Toronto's off season moves so far? (Resigning Hornet, Webber; acquiring Killinger; and stockpiling picks in the S80 VHL Entry Draft, etc)

We will be great and I feel like our managment has done really good things to make us succeed this year.

2. How many players do you think will surpass thirty goals? 
I think quite a lot, because we are offensive team and we will be as good as our offense will be.
3. Do you think Toronto could have two sixty assist players this season? 

Why not? Anything is possible in VHL, I guess snipers will have to start working a lot.

4. Does anyone reach triple digit points? 
Yes, because we will need leaders if we want to win the cup, and that leader could get those 100 points.
5. NA Conference will be tight this season -- do you think Toronto can reach 40 wins again? 

Of course, we have the perfect balance of experience and young players so I would say we are one of the favorites.

6. Season opener is just around the corner. Are you ready? 

I am as ready as ever. Just get me in the games already!

Edited by osens

1. What do you think about Toronto's off season moves so far? (Resigning Hornet, Webber; acquiring Killinger; and stockpiling picks in the S80 VHL Entry Draft, etc)

I was happy with all the moves that came. The league news of a soft and hard cap really helped us o

On the Legion, I think we will have two guys surpass the thirty goal mark this season

Well seeing as we didn't have any hit last season, I think we will have only one this season hit. Erik will be our 60 assist man in his last VHL season

With our depth, I do not believe so. I believe we have good overall scoring with our roster and that will spread the points out. 

5. NA Conference will be tight this season -- do you think Toronto can reach 40 wins again? 

Yes, I believe we can hit the 40 win mark in Season 78

Well a little late to the party, but yes I was excited for the season opener. 

1. What do you think about Toronto's off season moves so far? (Resigning Hornet, Webber; acquiring Killinger; and stockpiling picks in the S80 VHL Entry Draft, etc)

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to GM decisions, so whatever Peace is doing and will do possibly, all seem like solid moves.

Unsure at this stage. Hornet probably will, so I'll say him at least.

Short answer, no. I think we will have multiples in the 50's, not 60's.

There's too much depth for the points to be spread around, so no. Someone might go close though.

I think the Legion have a good chance of achieving that if we can avoid the third period collapses that have plagued us in the past.

I guess so. Have we started yet?

Howdy! 

1. What do you think about the start we've had? 

2. Any thoughts about your players performance so far? 

3. What do you think about the VHLE? 

4. Do you have any locations you'd like to see in the VHLE? 

5. 'Klam' recently got his first VHL shutout against Chicago. How many more do you think we can get him before the season ends? 

6. Where do you think Toronto will finish in the NA Standings? 

McWolf @Smarch @osens @BOOM @NickSunderbruch @Toast @rjfryman @Webberj 

@fromtheinside @DoktorFunk @Juice @thatloserGMinToronto

@hedgehog337

I'm overjoyed that we have coming storming out of the gate. Kinda picking back up from where we left off at the end of last year's regular season.

Seems to be providing just over a point per game which is a number I am happy with for my defenseman. He isn't hitting much but I think that is okay since we have lots of other guys on the team that are physical players. Blocking lots of shots, happy to see that. So far so good.

It's an interesting idea. I am taking the wait and see approach. I think it will make the competition in the VHL league alot better and I am all for that. It will definitely have some growing pains but I think if they adapt on the fly and keep an eye on it that it could be a solid addition to the VHL as a whole.

Not really no, there's plenty of good options out of the old teams that used to exist though.

5. 'Klam' recently got his first VHL shutout against Chicago. How many more do you think we can get him before the season ends? 
I think he is good for 6 this season. He's a top tier goalie and he has good d-men in front of him.

I see no reason why we can't finish first in the NA. We have a great team this season. It's sustainable for sure.

Its a nice start, sucks we have had so many 1 game sims so far, hard to get that excited for 1-0 sims.

I am pleased to a point. I need to be better in the faceoff circle as the 2nd center

I couldn't tell you a single thing about the new league. Hopefully it helps with the influx of players as the salary cap is a touchy subject amongst commissioners 

Vasteras, Bern as i have a soft spot for that franchise

6 shout-outs season. We need to see more @hedgehog337 in the LR to FYI. 

6. Where do you think Toronto will finish in the NA Standings

2nd in the NA Conference, behind Seattle. So we can take that underdog reward at the end of the playoff series with them. 

1. It's a good start.. starting off where we finished last season.

2. Started off strong.. slowed down when moved to 3rd line.

3. Not paying to much attention.

4. Don't matter to me.

5. Between 5 and 7 

6. We will finish in 1st

1. We started off great but are in a major slump now. Hopefully we figure it out.

2. Nope. I think Dawson is capable of much more and it's just not happening.

3. New league is exciting but adds so many layers and overall won't mean much to me with this player.

4. Vasteras showing up again would be cool! Oslo, Rome, Paris...

5. That's awesome! I hope he gets 10 for the season.

6. Right now I'm wondering if we will shake this slump. I'm guessing 4th. 

It was pretty good to begin with but last couple of sims have been absolutely atrocious. 

No, not really. He's an average player having a below average season. He's garbage.

It won't apply to me so I wish them luck with it, but haven't given it much thought.

See above. I'm sure HO has already chosen the locations anyway.

If we continue with the recent run of form, he might have to be happy with that one.

Sound like a broken record, but if the last few sims are any indication, last is a distinct possibility.

It's been a tough week... 

1. What is your favorite TV/Movie universe? 

2. Who is your favorite superhero? 

3. What about your favorite villain? 

4. What do you like to do to occupy your free time? 

5. Do you prefer grilled or toasted sandwiches? (Maybe neither?) 

6. Do you have a favorite fast food restaurant? 

3 hours ago, Peace said:

It's been a tough week... 

1. What is your favorite TV/Movie universe? 

1. Not really a TV show or movie (kinda) but I've always really liked the Dune series and it's universe.

2. Spiderman, always and forever 

3. Tougher question. The Joker?

4. Play music and video games.

5. Toasted I think

6.  Wendy's or Taco Bell

1. What is your favorite TV/Movie universe? 

I watch the Chicago shows with my wife, I am an old man so not much excitement for tv ha

Superman is a good superhero if I had to choose one 

Penguin, great character 

I work in my yard and house, it’s never ending no matter the season 

I preferred toasted subs, does that count? 

Wendys. 99 cent frosty is a great summer choice 

1) Either the MCU or Star Wars

2) Scarlet Witch (perhaps not always a hero, though) or Black Panther

3) Thanos

4) IRL I'm into fantasy sports, am a competitive five-pin bowler, and myself, my girlfriend and a friend of ours are part of a group that recently started streaming on Twitch

5) grilled

6) Wendy's for sure. Also Taco Bell and Dairy Queen are up there.

Nice and early today. 

1. Do you anticipate any trade deadline surprises? If you missed it were you surprised by any trade or lack of trades? 

2. Toronto acquired McLaren in a trade recently. What do you think of the acquisition? (For tcookie: How do you feel about joining Toronto?) 

3. We're struggling this season. Any idea why?

4. Is there anything I can do to make your season better? 

5. Do you think Toronto can mount a comeback and push for a wildcard spot? 

6. S80 recreates/new players will be creating now, will you be following this draft class at all? 

McWolf @Smarch @NickSunderbruch @Toast @rjfryman @Webberj @tcookie

@fromtheinside @Juice @Dtayl

1. Do you anticipate any trade deadline surprises? If you missed it were you surprised by any trade or lack of trades? 

I was surprised to see Boom ended up getting dealt. Sad to see him go, was one of my favourite teammates. But yeah it was relatively quiet this season at the TDL.

2. Toronto acquired McLaren in a trade recently. What do you think of the acquisition? (For tcookie: How do you feel about joining Toronto?) 
I came up with tcookie in the S75 draft class and he is one of the guys I was closest with. He's a great guy and we share alot of similar interests so I am pumped he's here.

Nope no idea. I stopped trying to wonder why anything in  this league happens for any particular reason. Its RNG.

Nope not really.  We just gotta ride it out now and see what happens. 

Nope I think we are too far gone this season unfortunately. We've been so-so lately, but after we had that massive slump earlier in the season it was pretty much doomed from then on.

6. S80 recreates/new players will be creating now, will you be following this draft class at all? 

I will be following it as I am an AGM for the Yukon Rush so it's in my best interest to keep up with it lol. Definitely looks like a big batch of recreates though for sure.

I was surprised I had to work so hard from 9-1. Good god, thankfully my boss is off every second Monday

I am happy we were able to bring in another 700  TPE forward. Scoring wins VHL Championships, so another top end forward helps out. 

Cause STHS is a prick?

Not for me personally, I think we need to continue being open and honest in the LR, but also keep in mind we in the management circle never stop looking to improve the roster, which sometimes can lead to less than desirable positions for players and management. 

No

I will be following to try to identify some gems for the Legion, other than that I won't follow to much. 

1. Nothing surprises me anymore this season.

2. Just happy we added another great player.

3. Cause the sim is garbage.

4. Just getting more minutes was good enough for me.. 

5. I hope so.. it's gonna come down to the wire.

6. Probably not 

On 6/14/2021 at 8:01 AM, Peace said:

Nice and early today. 

1.  There were no real surprises. I was disappointed with how the Boom deal played out but what had to be done was done. Hopefully we move on from here and get things going!

2. tcookie is a great member! McLaren offers a boost to our offense and is hopefully going to help us sneak into the post-season.

3. STHS sucks? Lol. The player chemistry might not all be there but things seem to be starting to click for us now. 

4. Nothing really! I wish Dawson was playing better but there's not much to be done for that while he grows. Looking forward to the next three seasons in Toronto!

5. So far so good! I don't want to acknowledge it much further in case I jinx anything.

6. Honestly, probably not. I look forward to new faces in the Toronto LR but I only really focus on my player and team's performance. 

Well... yeah.

1. Have you been following the NHL playoffs at all?

2. Predict the Stanley Cup Champions: Montreal or Tampa Bay?

3. What have you been doing since the VHL playoffs started? 

4. Are you looking forward to the lottery tournament? 

5. Toronto has accumulated a decent draft stock. What do you think we should do with it?

6. How to you keep yourself entertained on the VHL now that we've missed the playoffs?

McWolf @Smarch @NickSunderbruch @Toast @rjfryman @Webberj @tcookie

@fromtheinside @Juice @Dtayl

1. Have you been following the NHL playoffs at all?

My dad is keeping me in the loop. He’s enjoyed watching point since he was 15, so he’s been keeping tabs on the playoffs and Tampa 

2. Predict the Stanley Cup Champions: Montreal or Tampa Bay?

Hopefully Tampa

3. What have you been doing since the VHL playoffs started? 

Not paying attention. They way we played this past season, it’s hard to watch something we clearly should have been apart of.

4. Are you looking forward to the lottery tournament? 

No, this is the second time I’ve been with the Legion that we are playing in the lottery tournament for someone else.

5. Toronto has accumulated a decent draft stock. What do you think we should do with it?

Look at building through the draft, until the right trade comes along, then you’ll have to think about a quick retool 

6. How to you keep yourself entertained on the VHL now that we've missed the playoffs?

I walk into the empty locker room, look around like fresh prince last episode and leave daily 

1. Yeah, I've been watching quite a bit

2. Tampa Bay. But I'll be cheering for Montreal, hope they can pull it off.

3. Not much. Pretty much my entire career I've been on teams that should have been better and fell just short so it's a bit frustrating. Just keep trying to work on my game so I can do what I can to help.

4. It's hard to get excited about playing in the lottery tournament when you feel like you're a playoff team, and even more so when you don't have your own pick.

5. Gotta consider all the options, if there's something out there that's best for the team that helps us out right away, you go for it but if not then be patient and build through the draft.

6. I've gotta do research for VSN a lot of the time and stuff like that but I also just take a little bit of a break in the off-season