S58 VHL Awards Ceremony

Beketov

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Just so everyone is clear - I purposely miss updates or weekly shit on the fiery swede known as Forsberg for the purpose of our amazing salary brackets - not because I'm lazy. 

Gretzky's TPE is still over 100 more than yours. Forsberg is halfway through the 500-600 TPE bracket. Gretzky also was proven to be successful in the sim, never mind the TPE levels. I'm just saying Gretzky meant a lot to your team, and he was a contraction draft acquisition. I don't think you can doubt that.

2 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Teams were a lot closer to Riga this season, actually. They didn't outright dominate the season, even though yeah, they still were in 1st. Then in the finals Seattle and Riga had a good series. Toronto might have won had they past Seattle, or maybe they would have lost as well.

I voted for Riga, so I'm just arguing for argument's sake. I'm mostly curious why Bana got 3 votes to my 1, but I would guess it would have to do with more Seattle players in the BoG, or even the playoff outcomes. Seattle and Toronto were somewhat similar in what they did to get the team that they did, but I guess my move to get LKS and Pablo might have been bigger. Who knows, though.

Hmmm yeah Idk I can tell you no one in our LR had any worries about their of the teams this year. Knew we would win from day one.

9 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Hmmm yeah Idk I can tell you no one in our LR had any worries about their of the teams this year. Knew we would win from day one.

Im sure some of you had a sliver of doubt at least. To say none of you thought anyone else had a chance is a little overconfident. 

How I don't get even a nomination for the Aiden Shaw blows my mind

2nd in SO

2nd in Wins

3rd in GAA

you cannot base it on just SV% because i was so high in the other stats. Kinda seems fishy if you ask me that i don't get a nomination. Obviously I wouldn't have won, but nomination would have been nice. Don't even care about the 1tpe for the nomination.

Edited by BluObieZ

9 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

2nd in SO

2nd in Wins

3rd in GAA

you cannot base it on just SV% because i was so high in the other stats. Kinda seems fishy if you ask me that i don't get a nomination. Obviously I wouldn't have won, but nomination would have been nice. Don't even care about the 1tpe for the nomination.

You were among the 4 in discussion for the award. 

14 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Im sure some of you had a sliver of doubt at least. To say none of you thought anyone else had a chance is a little overconfident. 

cant be over overconfident when you win

1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Eh, the main reason for Seattle's success was sustained activity - there aren't many teams where literally every player is active and has an update heading into the playoffs. Gretzky is great, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't do much if Quill, or Laflamme, or V2A, or his own players aren't surrounding him and seeing a massive upgrade from the beginning of season to the end. And a lot of that falls on the GM.

There's something to be said for that, for sure. I know Bana does a lot for his players to keep their activity levels up and TPE coming in, but the sustained success of Riga, acquisition of Muller, and ability to get the most out of K+L is what pushed it over the top. The fact that the team's co-MVP was brought in due to pure luck didn't help his chances either.

24 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

2nd in SO

2nd in Wins

3rd in GAA

You were on the ballot, the votes just went to Ironside.

I wouldn't mind going to a points system though, where we have to vote our top 3, similar to MLB's system, so we can get a better view on how players rank in these awards and their voting.

• Commissioner
31 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

2nd in SO

2nd in Wins

3rd in GAA

The people with votes aren’t the nominated candidates, they are the ones who received votes. The “nominees” (if you want to call them that) are the ones in the discussion. You were among that group, you just didn’t receive any votes.

47 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

2nd in SO

2nd in Wins

3rd in GAA

You don’t get TPE for a nomination..

2 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

You won, does it really matter? (Side note, I voted for Cornerstone, before you go "there's one of them" I just don't see why you need to be unanimous - is the hit to your ego really that big over a non-unanimous win that was still somewhat of a landslide?)

Theres no vote of 2nd place, so even if those players "technically" are 2nd and 3rd, voting for them means that some people think they were more "MVP" than cornerstone. It doesnt matter now, but I would like to hear why they thought that. Its just for an open discussion really.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Theres no vote of 2nd place, so even if those players "technically" are 2nd and 3rd, voting for them means that some people think they were more "MVP" than cornerstone. It doesnt matter now, but I would like to hear why they thought that. Its just for an open discussion really.

That's fair then, discussion is good

• Commissioner
Just now, Trifecta said:

Moon goes down as one of the best goalie's to never win a Shaw. Thanks to those goalies who screwed me over. May all of your careers now take a turn for the worst hahaha

If t makes you feel better I’d trade my Shaw from Holik for your cups with Moon.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

If t makes you feel better I’d trade my Shaw from Holik for your cups with Moon.

To be honest, I'd have rather won a Shaw than a second cup. Cups don't do much for HoF chances. Although I doubt Moon gets looked at because of another short career.

3 hours ago, Trifecta said:

To be honest, I'd have rather won a Shaw than a second cup. Cups don't do much for HoF chances. Although I doubt Moon gets looked at because of another short career.

Actually they do. Especially as a goaltender because you couldn't have been carried as much as say a left winger who got one or two.

5 hours ago, boubabi said:

Exactly. I'm just curious why the people who voted for Seattle, voted for them over Riga and Toronto for Top GM.