Joseph McWolf's Press Conferences

McWolf

1 hour ago, Spade18 said:

YOU DO CARE ??? ❤️ ❤️❤️

There is no turning back from this

55 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

You’re abandoning me?  I truly think this question should be sent out to more d-men btw it is way too much fun. And I didn’t abandon you, i now look at you longingly from the Sask crease thinking of what could uave been lol

Tomayto, tomahto. You still chose to turn your back to the Lynx.

3 hours ago, McWolf said:

There is no turning back from this

Tomayto, tomahto. You still chose to turn your back to the Lynx.

I never turned my back to you, I’ve been cut so deep by this I don’t know if i’ll recover...

1. How much do you miss playing in the VHLM?

2. Why is Sid pulling away from you in both blocked shots and hits?

3. How much longer until you're in a Cup final again?

4. What's the over/under on how long until @BladeMaiden attempts a mutiny for the WJC reins? She's been pretty feisty lately.

5. Who is the best prospect outside of the NHL right now? (Ignoring the Hughes of the Jack variety, my money's on Cale Makar or Filip Zadina)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Thoughts on the WJC?

2. Will you be back next season as WJC commissioner?

3. What would be some fun changes or minor fixes to add into the WJC?

4. Thoughts on how the VHLM is as a league right now? What could be added or changed?

5. Who wins it in the VHLM? Who wins it all in the VHL?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't need to do these anymore, but I'll still answer interesting questions.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:30 PM, Enorama said:

1. How much do you miss playing in the VHLM?

2. Why is Sid pulling away from you in both blocked shots and hits?

3. How much longer until you're in a Cup final again?

4. What's the over/under on how long until @BladeMaiden attempts a mutiny for the WJC reins? She's been pretty feisty lately.

5. Who is the best prospect outside of the NHL right now? (Ignoring the Hughes of the Jack variety, my money's on Cale Makar or Filip Zadina)

1. I miss my old Lynx partner. I miss the success we had as a team. But I like the VHL too. Americans locker room is great, and I'm excited for the future of the team.

2. Because I learned to play offense and got past him there. Top 10 league wide in assists, and top 10 in defenseman scoring. Aww yiss!

3. New York Americans will win the Continental Cup in S67. Don't quote me on this.

4. No betting site would ever have something so sure as a possible bet. It's happening soon.

5. At this point, I'm not sure if he's still considered a prospect or just a player playing outside the NHL, but Ilya Sorokin is still getting it done in Moscow. He could be good. Zadina is a good answer too. We could argue that Robby Fabbri isn't really playing in the NHL right now and is a great prospect.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:02 PM, Banackock said:

1. Thoughts on the WJC?

2. Will you be back next season as WJC commissioner?

3. What would be some fun changes or minor fixes to add into the WJC?

4. Thoughts on how the VHLM is as a league right now? What could be added or changed?

5. Who wins it in the VHLM? Who wins it all in the VHL?

1. It was a good one with cool story lines. With Pepper and Shan stealing games for Asia and Team Canada overally being incredible.

2. Sadly, I think this is my time to quit the WJC Commish team. It was really a great experience, and I'm really glad that you trusted me with this position. But with everything else I got going on since then, I don't think I can come back as a Commish. There were a lot of people interested in helping us this season though, so I'm sure you'll find someone to help you out. Along with @BladeMaiden. I haven't checked with her, but she might want to be back. She basically did more than me during the tournament this season, hiring the GMs herself, making the final updates on the eligibility list and the activity throughout the tournament, so the two of you should do just fine.

3. No idea, to be honest. It's good as is. We had a couple of hiccups last season, but we made sure we learned from our mistakes and didn't do them again.

4. One big thing I'd like to see is an Award Committee, like in the VHL.

5. Saskatoon and I wanna say Seattle.

Bless you for your previous 5th answer.

1. Thoughts on your hiring into the VHLM?

2. Are you going to be adding an assistant? If so, name some prospective members (and possibly tag)!

3. Are you more worried about personal performance in the VHL, or winning cups?

4. Which would you rather (say, 10-20 points a season but 5 cups at the end of your career... OR an average of 97 points per season through your 8 years but never win a cup?

5. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

@McWolf

• 7 months later...

S64 Labatte Trophy winner Joseph McWolf has made himself available to talk with the press about his lack of training over the last couple of seasons and what brought him here in Latvia.

@McWolf hello good sir...

1. What do you say to allegations that you and @Esso2264 are one and the same?

2. What do you say to allegations that Halifax is a satanic cult?

3. What are your thoughts on Riga? 

4. Concerns have been raised that Riga is, counterintuitively, a bit too deep to win the cup. Do you agree?

5. We know why you left, but why did you come back?

6. Have you seen how Halifax has done since you left? Are you happy with it?

On 7/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, GustavMattias said:

@McWolf hello good sir...

1. What do you say to allegations that you and @Esso2264 are one and the same?

2. What do you say to allegations that Halifax is a satanic cult?

3. What are your thoughts on Riga? 

4. Concerns have been raised that Riga is, counterintuitively, a bit too deep to win the cup. Do you agree?

5. We know why you left, but why did you come back?

6. Have you seen how Halifax has done since you left? Are you happy with it?

hello Gus, thanks for the Qs

1. It took you guys long enough to discover it. I'm surprised we were able to keep it hidden so long.

2. It's been exposed already by some snarky journalists. What more is there to say about it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

3. I like it. I'm surprised I landed here but I'm fine with it. @hedgehog337 always looked like a serious GM to me, he has a plan, he knows where he's going, and he always seems like he has competitive teams on his hands which makes Riga a good place to be in. Reuniting with @Enorama after with the Founders Cup together in S62 is an added bonus.

4. Honestly, a lot happened during that season I took off. Teams are apparently all carrying 3 forward lines, which is a whole lot more than 2 seasons ago. So I can't really get a good idea of our chances just looking at our roster. We seem to be near the top but that's sbout as far as I'm willing to analyze.

5. I missed the league, and the community. I took some time off and it was good for me, mentally. I'm ready to get hurt again.

6. They seem to be in good hands. Sad they haven't won a Cup yet after being conoetitive every single season since their arrival in the league but it happens. Best thing about Hali now is their logos, they're fire, light-years ahead of what they had before.

1. How do you feel about the offseason moves the Reign made?

2. Who is your favorite teammate?

3. What’s the best part about playing for Riga?

4. What will it take to win a cup?

5. What team do you see as the biggest competition for the cup?

6. What do you think has been the key to your player’s personal success?

6. What team in the VHL do you think has the best branding?

7. What do you see the future of the league being as it grows?

8. Do you think it’s good or bad for the players that teams are starting to run 3 full forward lines?

9. Should the VHLM have a higher cap?

10. What do you want McWolf to be remembered for after his career is over?

1 Why?

2 You left Dan Wilinsky for Ryan Kastelic. Did you even think twice about abandoning Wilinsky like that?

3 How does Latvia compare to New York?

4 What's your greatest New York memory?

5 Any truth to the rumour you had joined a convent in the alps?

6 Who is the dark horse to win the VHL championship this year

On 7/14/2019 at 11:01 PM, Sonnet said:

1) After a period of slowed performance, how do you feel as the Reign's most recent pickup?

2) What was your favorite part about playing in New York?

3) You're now playing in an entirely different conference. How does the European level of competition compare?

4) You're no stranger to collecting hardware as a blueliner, how soon to you expect to be in the conversation for awards once more?

5) What's the biggest culture shock about Latvia?

6) Who's your favorite goalie in the VHL?

Thanks for the questions, b.

1. Despite my one-season hiatus, McWolf still appears to be among the league's elite defenseman. Hedgehog has always seemed like a GM who knew what he was doing, so it's a good plan to be an active part of his plan. I'm guessing the comeback was a nice surprise for him. I won't get any better but I'll fight depreciation and keep that level for 4 seasons. I think I can be a great help for the Reign.

2. The locker room was amazing. @Spade18, @oilmandan@Esso2264, @Advantage were all great guys to talk to. ADV was a big help with strats and builds too so there was that. It might seem selfish, but it was also a lot of fun being an impactful player on the team. We might not have won much, but when we did, McWolf often had one of the best performances of the night, which ultimately gave him the Labatte in S64. It sucks that we didn't get more success, though.

3. I honestly have no idea. Toronto and Helsinki look like they are the front runners, which means we wouldn't be favourites on either side of the world. Then again, upsets happen. We'd have a shot on both sides. I can't really say much more than that.

4. That's not the objective here. It's all about the Continental Cup. It's always been about the Continental Cup. Being the best player on a weak team got me a Labatte, but that's not any kid's dream. I'm in Riga to win. My boy Kastelic won here in S63 and I'm here now to get in on the fun. Getting more personal awards would be great, of course, but that's not what I'm here for.

5. The language. I lived in English-speaking countries my whole life, so it's obviously a big shock. To be fair, going from London to New York was a big shock too. Riga? Might as well be on another planet.

6. It is obviously S62 Founder's Cup winner, Kallis Kriketers. Were you expecting a different answer, @Sonnet?

On 7/14/2019 at 11:34 PM, StamkosFan said:

1. How do you feel about the offseason moves the Reign made?

2. Who is your favorite teammate?

3. What’s the best part about playing for Riga?

4. What will it take to win a cup?

5. What team do you see as the biggest competition for the cup?

6. What do you think has been the key to your player’s personal success?

6. What team in the VHL do you think has the best branding?

7. What do you see the future of the league being as it grows?

8. Do you think it’s good or bad for the players that teams are starting to run 3 full forward lines?

9. Should the VHLM have a higher cap?

10. What do you want McWolf to be remembered for after his career is over?

1. It makes sense for everyone involved, I guess. I wasn't even here when it happened but NYA looks like they're going through yet another rebuild and I'm sure McWolf is tired of losing. Talking of which, I which Esso the best now that he's taken over the Americans.

2. Easy, that would be fellow S62 Founder's Cup winner Ryan Kastelic.

3. Potentially winning a cup? I'd say that's a good main point. Uniting with Kastelic and Kriketers and playing with both Dahlberg and Svoboda for the first time should be fun too.

4. Looking at how the sims treat us so far, I don't know. We should probably be doing way better than this. Maybe we need lines that click, maybe we need a big move. I don't know.

5. Toronto looks like they will be hard to stop, but I still think Helsinki can get it on and beat them in the end.

6. I love the Titans logo and colours. It fits well with their nation too.

7. We need expansion. We got so many new players coming every day, it's crazy and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.

8. It's not necessarily a bad thing. It means recruitment went well but we need to react quickly and add more teams because if it's going to keep going like this, we'll have to run 4 and soon 5 forward lines on every team.

9. I think the TPE-for-attributes growth needs balancing. Before I left, I believe it was discussed to have a new one, starting lower than 40, and costing more way TPE to get to 99 that it does now. If blues decide to go this way, I think we could go on and lift the cap up as well. But then maybe we'd need to re-think when the 8-season career starts, because if the cap is lifted to, say 300, fewer members will start in the VHL right after they're drafted and it would hurt they career stats and chances of making the Hall of Fame and stuff like that.

10. For controversially winning the S64 Sterling Labatte Trophy, but then winning a legit one somewhere between S67 and S70.

On 7/15/2019 at 2:46 PM, oilmandan said:

1 Why?

2 You left Dan Wilinsky for Ryan Kastelic. Did you even think twice about abandoning Wilinsky like that?

3 How does Latvia compare to New York?

4 What's your greatest New York memory?

5 Any truth to the rumour you had joined a convent in the alps?

6 Who is the dark horse to win the VHL championship this year?

1 I felt like it.

2 I was traded. I didn't have much choice. I apparently lifted my NTC, though, so yeah, maybe it felt right at the time to leave the sinking ship before it actually sank. We might meet in the playoffs, now that Dan is in Helsinki, too.

3 Bagels taste like shit here, and there is no night life. Good thing I don't like bagels or clubbing /s

4 Honestly, it was a fun run as a whole. We got there, Dan and I, there was nothing much, only Ismond and a couple of depth players. Then, every season, we added a piece and the puzzle looked it was going to be complete soon. Then we checked the box again and realized it was supposed to be a 3D puzzle and that's not what we were doing at all so yeah. It was still fun.

5 Sister Marie Stella's Church for the Redemption of the Sinners isn't a covent. I just go there once a week or so to talk about what happened in New York. I have a lot of explaining to do with Him.

6 At this point, I'd say the Reign. We play like shit against Davos, but we got a couple of wins here and there against top tier teams (SOW vs TOR last sim). Kastelic moving up front was a ballsy move and it looks like it might pay off.