Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 10/19/2020 at 6:55 AM, Riley_Couture said:

presser_oct_19_25_by_coralmelon_de75u13-
Hi everyone, here are the questions for oct 19th - 25th. Please remember that you only need to answer 6.

1. Halloween is fast approaching us, what event would you like to see Halifax hold for it's team members in celebration?

It would be pretty cool to set up a haunted house in the arena and have the players try and scare the fans. I know I'd enjoy that.
2. If you had to guess your GM's favorite Halloween candy or treat, just based on his personality, what would it be and why?

They seem like a very basic candylover so I'd go with Snickers. 
3. Will your player be wearing a costume on the ice next week? What will it be?

You know I'm bustin out my maid costume ?
5. What area do you think your player is succeeding in the most?

I feel like my player has been really good with moving the puck. Quick and accurate passes almost all the time.
6. What area is your player's weakness, can you work towards improving this?

My player could probably benefit from getting in front of more shots. Can't always stop the shooter with the stick or body. Sometimes you just need to get in front of the shot and eat the shot.
9. If there was mutiny in the Halifax locker room and you got to overthrow the GM, would you change anything about the team's current branding?

More boats. The more boats, the better.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:55 AM, Riley_Couture said:

presser_oct_19_25_by_coralmelon_de75u13-
Hi everyone, here are the questions for oct 19th - 25th. Please remember that you only need to answer 6.

1. Halloween is fast approaching us, what event would you like to see Halifax hold for it's team members in celebration?
2. If you had to guess your GM's favourite Halloween candy or treat, just based on his personality, what would it be and why?
3. Will your player be wearing a costume on the ice next week? What will it be?
4. What would you like to see our captain Rick Osman wearing? Keep in mind he is a tall guy.
5. What area do you think your player is succeeding in the most?
6. What area is your player's weakness, can you work towards improving this?
7. Which team do you see as Halifax's biggest rival at the moment, and what can we do to overcome them?
8. Which team in the NHL would you like to see affiliated with Halifax, why?
9. If there was mutiny in the Halifax locker room and you got to overthrow the GM, would you change anything about the team's current branding?

1) One where we all dress up as Dil and work at a blueberry farm

2) Probably something gross like black licorish jelly beans 

5) Leading the league in shutouts is pretty nice

6) Malone seems to either go off and have a great save percentage, or he has a terrible day with not much in between

? Philadelphia Flyers of course because they are the best

9) Yes, I would name the team the Halifax Eaglesfans

hpc_26_1_by_coralmelon_de7l1yo-fullview.

Hi everyone, this is the Halifax 21st Press Conference for October 26th - November 1st.
Please remember that you only need to answer 6 questions to get your 2 TPE. Have fun. :)

1. A strange eerie feeling has been in the air this week, what has really been spooking your player inside the stadium?
2. If some weird rule suddenly came into Ice hockey where we needed 40 players, which team in the VHLM should we partner up with? And what would it become?
3. What are your thoughts on the playoffs?
4. What are your player's plans of the off season?
5. Our mascot actor has become sick, who would you volunteer to take on the role for a day? What would be their dance moves?
6. Your player has been chosen to sponsor a product in a new commercial? What product is is, and what is your slogan?
7. What are the best places to trick or treat around Halifax City?

16 minutes ago, Riley_Couture said:

Hi everyone, this is the Halifax 21st Press Conference for October 26th - November 1st.
Please remember that you only need to answer 6 questions to get your 2 TPE. Have fun. :)

1. A strange eerie feeling has been in the air this week, what has really been spooking your player inside the stadium?
2. If some weird rule suddenly came into Ice hockey where we needed 40 players, which team in the VHLM should we partner up with? And what would it become?
5. Our mascot actor has become sick, who would you volunteer to take on the role for a day? What would be their dance moves?
6. Your player has been chosen to sponsor a product in a new commercial? What product is is, and what is your slogan?

1. There was man dressed as banana who said he will eat me, very scary.
2. Mexico City Kings because banana flavoured taco's would be great.
3. That we will win easily with my contribution and Lee fur's
4. Working out and eating..maybe entering a tournament or two for ice hockey.
6. I'm pretty sure we all know where I'm gonna go with this. Its most likely something banana related like a flavour for cereal,or a banana shaped boat...let's go with the boat, and for the slogan: "The biggest bananas in town, buy one now" lol.
7. My house, I have a lot of banana flavoured candy and willing to share them.

1 hour ago, Riley_Couture said:

1. Thadius Sales (aka Prison Mike) has been standing in the shower, letting out a deep and long "ooooooh, I'm a dementor."

3. I'm feeling pretty good about it. We aren't blowing them out of the water per se, but we still have a chance!

4. During the off season, Thadius Sales plans on meeting up with Martin Nash, his old cellmate in the clink, to continue the tradition where Nash throws rocks at him to help him fine tune his goaltending skills.

5. Thadius Sales would happily step in as the mascot. He would be fully suited up in case Malone were injured or could not continue the game. Over his hockey attire, Sales would wear a giant Shrek costume. Then, if Malone were injured, Sales would rip off the costume in the crowd, let out a ferocious roar, leap over the glass and skate right to the net.

6. Thadius Sales, formerly known as Michael Scott, would be selected to represent Scranton, PA's most prominent paper company, Dunder Mifflin. His slogan would be, "Dunder Mifflin, the people persons paper people." Here is a video of me critiquing the slogan originally, but I quickly fell in love with it. 

7. The best place to go trick-or-treating around Halifax would be the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia. I'm an incredibly picky art critique. In fact, I have another video of me critiquing and then buying some art. It's a true passion of mine. You know what they say, "without paper it [art] could not have happened, unless you had a camera..."

1. A strange eerie feeling has been in the air this week, what has really been spooking your player inside the stadium?

The only thing spooky in the arena has been how bad Gabriel has been playing, truly terrifying

I have a soft spot for Vegas, so would be good to join up with them

Glad we won the first series, shame I'm not doing shit but as long as we keep winning

Hopefully get a lot better at the game of hockey no matter what else it is I do

I will step up to be the new mascot, can't be any worse at that than I am playing on the ice

I'm going to choose to sponsor my own product, some kind of alcoholic beverage. The slogan will come to me later

On 10/26/2020 at 3:15 PM, Riley_Couture said:

1) When you wander around the arena alone sometimes it feels like the Halloween mannequins are alive
2) We'd team up with the Aces and get the best roster VHLM has ever seen, 0 lost games throughout the season

3) Sad that we did as bad as we did, but still proud of our dominating regular season, only onwards from here!
4) Work hard to impress some scouts and get drafted in the VHL
5) I've heard Osman has some sick moves, probably just peer pressure him into doing it 
7) Fans have been setting up their own Halloween decorations around our arena and from above it looks like a massive haunted city, best place to trick or treat for sure.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:15 AM, Riley_Couture said:

I got a sneak peak at Dyl's penis coming out of the shower. That's gonna haunt me for the rest of my life

Team up with Miami since for some reason they're doing something right. Combine the regular season success with the playoff success and we'd be world enders

Pain

Recover from the incredible choke and look towards joining my new team in the VHL.

I mean in this instance the captain's gotta step up. I bet Dyl does a mean robot.
I'd definitely sponsor Mike's Hard Lemonade. If you're drinking this outside of a college, what are you doing with your life?

Haflifax press conference 2 Nov - 8 - Nov

Hi team, hope you're doing well this week. I'm a little late to getting this done today so appologies for the lack of questions. Here are your questions for 2nd November - 8th November.

1. How did you feel about the finals?
2. What are your player's plans for the upcoming seasons?
3. How are you planning to update your build going forward?
4. It's getting colder as we get to mid autumn, what is your player doing to keep warm?
5. What is your player's favourite autumn snack or beverage?
6. If you had to swap your player's role on the ice rink, 5 minutes before a game, where would you play?

40 minutes ago, Riley_Couture said:

Hi team, hope you're doing well this week. I'm a little late to getting this done today so appologies for the lack of questions. Here are your questions for 2nd November - 8th November.

4. It's getting colder as we get to mid autumn, what is your player doing to keep warm?
6. If you had to swap your player's role on the ice rink, 5 minutes before a game, where would you play?

1. That we choked the hardest that I've seen anyone else.
2. Going to the finals and at least passing the first round lol.
3. Same as always.
4. Not going outside..pretty easy so far with what's going on outside.
5. Dark Chocolate
6.  RW I guess its the most similar heh.

On 11/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, Riley_Couture said:

1) Didn't really follow the playoffs after our rather disappointing exit
2) Become even better on the ice and off the ice
3) Probably will invest more into checking now, a bit into fighting and overall just upgrade the holy trinity(skating, defence , puckhandling) when I have the chance
4) Big handwarmer guy, Ove gets sent a massive box for the winter
5) A hot mocha with a cookie, just the best.
6) Dyrdahl would become a good energy line player, good grit not big on scoring though.

I would have felt a lot better about them if I was in them

I think I'm going to the VHL next season. Need to step up what I've been doing if it's going to go well tho

I think immediately I'm going to try and get a little better offensively. Would be nice to see some more production next season

Gabriel being Swedish means he's used to the cold, he'll probably throw another layer on if it gets too bad

Pumpkin spice latte

I think it could be fun to play goalie, maybe that's where he'd go

On 11/2/2020 at 9:12 AM, Riley_Couture said:

I was happy to play with Halifax but I was disappointed that I wasn't able to prove myself out there.

I'm going to be officially drafted, hopefully, this coming weekend. I'll be looking forward to getting to know my team and spending the next several seasons with them.

I want to continue to improve my defense this coming season, then I'll work on improving my speed and shooting.

I never get cold. I don't think I've ever been too cold in my life!

Oh, I love a good Hot Cocoa. With plenty of marshmallows! It's just so nice, ya know?

I suppose saying Left Wing would be cheating, huh? Ok, fine. Center then. I would like to try facing off with people someday I suppose.

On 11/2/2020 at 12:12 PM, Riley_Couture said:

1) I wasn't in them so I was not as concerned with them :(

2) Hopefully become the starting goalie of London and lead us on a long playoff run!

3) Goalies doesn't have builds so just whatever helps us keep more pucks out of the net

4) Cuddling with Victor and his old man vibes

5) Cider is the best I enjoy it year round not just in the Autumn

6) Forward so I could learn what it's like to be happy when the puck goes in the net

2_by_coralmelon_de8f7ww-fullview.jpg?tok
You only need to answer 6.

1. How do you think we did in the draft?
2. How do you plan to give your new team mates a warm welcome?
3. What is your player up to during the off season?
4. Do you have any plans for celebrations throughout November with your team mates? Lots of holidays this time of year.
5. It's getting close to winter time, if it snows what will your player be doing?
6. If you had to hold a competition between yourself and your team mates, what would it be? Who would win?
7. What are you planning to do to build your player up, ready for the new season?
8. What would your line up look like for the next season, if you got to choose?

1 hour ago, Riley_Couture said:

4. Do you have any plans for celebrations throughout November with your team mates? Lots of holidays this time of year.
5. It's getting close to winter time, if it snows what will your player be doing?
6. If you had to hold a competition between yourself and your team mates, what would it be? Who would win?
7. What are you planning to do to build your player up, ready for the new season?

1) Good, trust the management and trust the process
2) Tour around the arena 
3) Training hard and improving, gotta be sharp for the next season
4) Ove goes back to norway for the holidays, wants to spend time with family
5) I heard Halifax will be hosting a snowman building contest, the coolest one wins
6) Arm wrestling, Ove is a beast and can pretty much beat anyone

On 11/9/2020 at 1:16 PM, Riley_Couture said:

1. I think the team got the best result they could've in the draft. High hopes for the future.

3. Working day in and day out on my defending and body checking, a little bit of fighting as well if I need to have a teammates back.

4. As much as I would love to go on a holiday celebration, there's no time for me to do so. I have to work hard and improve my skills.

5. I love snow and the cold in general. You can expect to see me outside making snow angels or even snowmen. I loved doing that when I was young.

6. My competition would be about who can intercept the most pucks to disrupt the enemies offense. I think my odds of winning that are high.

7. Making my defense better is top priority, as that is my main duty on the ice. Everything else comes second.

On 11/9/2020 at 1:46 AM, Riley_Couture said:

3. Getting ready to dominate in Halifax.

4. I will attend every single party to get to know everyone better.

5. Practicing inside anyways I do not care.

6. Slapping people in the face. I have extreme pain tolerance in my cheeks and I like slapping people.

7.  Whatever coach says I will do, I want to help this team win games.

8. I'm not sure, but Javad and I in the back.

On 11/9/2020 at 11:46 AM, Riley_Couture said:

1. Decently well I guess.
2. By trying to carry them to the playoffs.
3. Eating bananas.
4. No quarantine got me lonely.
5. I like to have snow fights/wars so probably that.
6. I would win in every competition that exists.
7.  Take steroids and get buff.
8. Me alone vs the entire team.

On 11/9/2020 at 4:46 AM, Riley_Couture said:

1. Well you drafted me

2. By playing well and showing you all I am going to be a great player for this team

3. Playing some Ball hockey with the boys

4. No celebrations just planning on improving

5. Hitting up the ODR

6. Connect 4  I am godly I'd kick all their asses

7. Practice hard and try to bond with my teammates to have the best team possible

8. Doesn't matter all that matters is that I am starting!

3_by_coralmelon_de8us3i-fullview.jpg?tok
Welcome to the press conference for 16th november - 22nd November, please remember that you only need to answer 6 questions to get your 2 TPE.
1. How do you feel about the locker room since the new players joined? :)
2. What kind of activities would you all love to do to break the ice?
3. If you had to nominate your own player for any award, what would it be and why?
4. Your player has been sponsored by a pair of skates, what slogon do you use to advertise them?
5. How are you cheering on your team mates this season?
6. Which member of the Halifax 21st shows the most potential in your eyes at the moment?
7. Which piece of Halifax 21st merchandise seems to be most popular at the moment in sales?

On 11/17/2020 at 1:13 AM, Riley_Couture said:

Welcome to the press conference for 16th november - 22nd November, please remember that you only need to answer 6 questions to get your 2 TPE.
3. If you had to nominate your own player for any award, what would it be and why?
4. Your player has been sponsored by a pair of skates, what slogon do you use to advertise them?
6. Which member of the Halifax 21st shows the most potential in your eyes at the moment?
7. Which piece of Halifax 21st merchandise seems to be most popular at the moment in sales?

1. The atmosphere has been awesome. I look forward to getting along with everyone.

2. Just have a nice dinner with everyone, hang out and enjoy ourselves.

3. I think I'd have a good shot at getting defensive player of the year.

4. Don't fall on your face, stay on your skates.

5. Chanting their name when they're out on the ice and I'm on the bench, giving pep talks and keeping them motivated.

6. My brother, Bahram I would say. He may not seem like much at first but I can assure you he'll be a force to be reckoned with in due time.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:43 PM, Riley_Couture said:

1. I've liked it here

2. Just hanging out with the guys some more

3. Most under rated goalie because I think people have lower expectations of me 

4. Sterling Silver Strong

5. I want to have a great season and I want all of them to do their absolute best

6. Everyone here has great potential!

7. Idk I don't pay attention to the in office stuff

Guest Noxalpha
On 11/16/2020 at 4:43 PM, Riley_Couture said:

1- The locker room atmosphere is really nice, I look on forward knowing the guys a little bit more

2-Going out with the boys, to know a bit more about the guys

3- The most underrated goaltender, I’m new in this league and I have to familiar myself 

4-New skates, better performance

5- I want to do my best for them and I hope they’ll do their best to

6-I don’t think it has an answer, everyone on the team has great potential